van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

Melted plastic/rubber on carpet? (Please help)
« on: July 17, 2022, 12:54:28 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm a window cleaner and ijust caused some stains on customer's new carpet. I was standing on top of a stool with plastic/rubber feets, it was bit melted due to the outside surface temperature when I was using it.

He was not mad but mentioned about going through the insurance. I do have public liability insurance but I wonder if there's any product to clean that off?

Please let me know so I can get back to him. Thanks

homenclean

Re: Melted plastic/rubber on carpet? (Please help)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 07:48:17 pm »
Get in touch with a local carpet cleaner, should come off with a solvent spotter.

Mike Halliday

Re: Melted plastic/rubber on carpet? (Please help)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 09:00:13 pm »
That’s a cheap manmade carpet a solvent spotter should remove it but it still might need a rinse do you need a machine. might be better to find a carpet cleaner.

I would mention to the customer he won’t be getting a new carpet, liability insurance is not like household insurance where it’s ‘new for old’ your insurance will pay out a percentage of the cost of the carpet based on its age.  If you have an excess on your policy eg;£300 then offer him that. Like I said it’s a cheap carpet
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk