This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kano

Opinions wanted please
« on: May 30, 2022, 09:07:33 pm »

Hello everyone

Just after Opinions on what I should do with my machine. I have a yanmar l100 which is 15lpm (exact same as pic) and to be honest it’s a mint machine and hasn’t let me down yet. I do a mix of domestic drives and commercial work but the problem I have is that the thing is just too heavy to get out of the van myself.

I have been leaving it in the van (Peugeot partner) with a 150 lte buffer tank and have flooded the van a few times and it’s starting to stink of diesel, plus it takes up loads of space.  I am getting a custom next week however even with ramps I cannot get it in/out the van myself. There has been two of us on a lot of jobs recently and it’s still a struggle but we manage to get it out and we have been using the wheelie bin set up and it’s working well.

My question is when I get the custom next week would you look at keeping the machine in the van with a bigger tank or look at selling and getting a petrol machine of similar spec like a gx340/390?

Like I said the in van set up was working well but flooding/smell and not being able to
Lock the van is becoming a bit of an issue

Smudger

Re: Opinions wanted please
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 08:57:44 pm »
Can you not use ramps  - I brought  motorbike ramps nearly 10 years ago and still going strong

I have 2 vans with 2 petrol p/w’s each   Opted in the back it makes life so much better and I do Bt have any fume issues but they are big vans and all the doors are open - the 1000ltr tank just has a float valve on it

I will say when I had a diesel hotbox inside that stank the van out

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Kano

Re: Opinions wanted please
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 10:26:40 pm »
Thanks for the input mate.

Yeah I have steel ramps and can get it out but getting back in is impossible. The thing weighs around 120kg 😩

I think a gx340 is almost half the weight and would make a massive difference to mobility for the same power.

Other option is to keep it in the van and hopefully with a solid bulkhead I won’t smell anything