This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Grocott

Rust on concrete flags
« on: May 13, 2022, 11:08:12 pm »
Doing a pressure wash in a couple of weeks on a driveway, which has a fair amount of rust stains on it (from a skip I think).  Best solution to use to remove?  Appreciate any replies.

Smudger

Re: Rust on concrete flags
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 10:04:59 am »
Rust is never the easiest - I have some f9 barc which is excellent if you can get it otherwise I’ve used oxylic acid - my advice is to go a day or so before and treat stains leaving the solution on then you can pressure wash off on the day - hot better than cold but this way your giving yourself a fighting g chance

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Steve Grocott

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 11:53:03 am »
Thanks Darran, that’s good info’👍

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 06:12:57 pm »
Rust is never the easiest - I have some f9 barc which is excellent if you can get it otherwise I’ve used oxylic acid - my advice is to go a day or so before and treat stains leaving the solution on then you can pressure wash off on the day - hot better than cold but this way your giving yourself a fighting g chance

Darran

I would rather do rust than oil spills 😂😂😂

Rob.Hall

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 07:22:57 pm »
Oxi clenze ..Ben's Soft Wash

Steve Grocott

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 08:51:46 pm »
Thanks Rob👍

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 02:13:14 pm »
Oil is a breeze - got a biggie coming up I’ll post some pictures

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 05:20:19 pm »
Oil is a breeze - got a biggie coming up I’ll post some pictures

Darran

What do you use and will it remove it 100% so that when it’s dry there is no scaring ?? I have always  struggled to get it to a point that Ime happy with , looked at this the other week it’s dirty engine oil didn’t want to take the job on as the guy wanted it to look like new and was concerned it would leave Staines

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 11:28:50 pm »
Is that tarmac or concrete ? Sorry I can't quite tell from the photo,

Yes I agree if it's on tarmac then it's more of a problem - basically I either use OT-8 for most surfaces or the TA  version for tarmac as you know your pretty much guaranteed to scar tarmac/ashphelt so I make this clear and add in the cost of a coat of tarmac paint

All other surfaces I get 100% clear I also find things like wd40 and brick acid will remove residue oil and blend - it is a bit more finesse than normal cleaning but hey it makes life interesting 🤩

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 08:52:06 am »
Is that tarmac or concrete ? Sorry I can't quite tell from the photo,

Yes I agree if it's on tarmac then it's more of a problem - basically I either use OT-8 for most surfaces or the TA  version for tarmac as you know your pretty much guaranteed to scar tarmac/ashphelt so I make this clear and add in the cost of a coat of tarmac paint

All other surfaces I get 100% clear I also find things like wd40 and brick acid will remove residue oil and blend - it is a bit more finesse than normal cleaning but hey it makes life interesting 🤩

Darran
Thanks Darran , it’s concrete and it’s very dirty engine oil  I have always shied  away from oil spills  we are that busy just don’t need the extra hassle 😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 01:12:20 pm »
don't mind a little hassle when your getting 1K+ for the job  ;D

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:59 pm »
don't mind a little hassle when your getting 1K+ for the job  ;D

Darran

Hummmmmm maybe that’s my problem not charging enough for this kind of work .😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 10:55:00 pm »
I think you might jut be right  ;D