Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Supreme clean window cleaning

Thinking about starting a carpet cleaning Business
« on: April 23, 2022, 12:00:13 am »
Hello I have been doing window cleaning for the last 12 years and have done very well in the past. But have torn my two front Arteries going to my brain making me very Sick over the past three months , and it’s going to take six months to heal. I’ve have employed staff now to do the windows and am looking at starting a new Business carpet cleaning I’m looking at going on training courses and buying the best kit to start with i was wondering is there enough work out there to make it full time I have a large customer base of over 800 with the windows so hoping to get a few from that.  If any of you could help me on the best machines to buy and some tips to bring in the work I would really appreciate these three months have been hell so stressful as have family to provide for but can’t do the windows any more because not allowed to look up and don’t fancy going back to the windows full time again in case it happens again. Many thanks Matt👍

Mike Halliday

Re: Thinking about starting a carpet cleaning Business
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 08:41:13 am »
I was a carpet cleaner for about 20yrs before deciding that I no longer wanted to offer that service, now I would never advice anyone to start a in carpet cleaning.

2 reasons, the knowledge required to offer a premium service that allows you to charge a premium price is just to hard to acquire. The vast amount of carpet & fibre  types is huge manufactures are producing crap that is made for appearance rather than its ability to be cleaned a minefield for an inexperienced operator, the only place in the industry now is for the new starter is as a cheap  ‘miss mop’ cleaner who does a bit of everything. You cannot train other people to a standard required to make good money

Secondly Facebook has created an army of idiots who will clean 4 rooms for £60 or full house for £90, they do poo work for crap money….. (but think they are kings of the industry)  but even worse you get the idiot homeowners who use them and think you get a good job for £20

Not the answer you want but my honest opinion,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Teddycare

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 12:26:59 pm »
Hi supreme clean, and Mike, I have been carpet cleaning for 40 years and have made a pretty good living, but unfortunately not enough to pay vast amounts into a pension, So consequently at the ripe old age of 72 I am still working but may I say still enjoying it, and will continue as long as the body holds up, As for whether you should take up carpet cleaning? Yes add it to your window cleaning but for god's sake stick to carpets leave upholstery alone it can be a minefield, also it is important to not only have public liability insurance which is a legal requirement but you will also need product liability for the item you are working on should things go tits up, And as a footnote keep your charges reasonable as you in that respect are a new boy on the block, if you get a taste for carpet cleaning and want to further your experience there are many training courses you can take to improve your knnowledge pricing and profits, good luck, regards Ted

Supreme clean window cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 07:20:57 pm »
Thanks for your reply’s I’m going to go for it I’m hard working and a fast learner going to go on loads of training courses and get the best machine money can buy really need this because don’t want to go back to windows and got my employees making me a ok wage off the windows which covers all my bills so everything else I make is a bonus what do people think of the air flex storm fully loaded machine are they any good many thanks Matt 👍

jmj

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 04:09:10 pm »
Top machine,
You won't be disappointed if you choose one!

dustee

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 08:19:45 pm »
You'd be better of getting some training under your belt first then have a look at equipment etc

Theirs loads of machines out there with the same specs but just dressed in different clothes at varying cost

M.c.s

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 07:53:24 pm »
if you are interested i have a machine for sale

pro 800
standard  2 vacs
1 vac pod
1 magma heater
1 wand from wanders 4 jet swivel  new type
westpak hard floor spinner
hard floor squeegee
hard floor brush head  with wand
em2 agitater  plus hard floor atachements
sebo duo
2 air movers
1 drypod ease
200 mtre of 2 inch hose
heavy duty stair tool
hose lengths
£4000    pick up london

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 12:52:58 pm »
Hi Guys

regarding Facebook you do not see every advert. as you can select an audience and send the advert direct to that audience feed. So you would not so it unless they have selected search and other places within Facebook.  This is like leaflet farming an area the other local carpet cleaners would only see that leaflet if they lived in that area or someone that does showed it to them. but those people will recognize your brand and when the time comes and that leaflet drops and they are ready, you make the sale.

The other thing about facebook is that you dont want to sell. so as an example, you could show your selected audience a post about stain removal with a learn more button that then takes them to your site where the video is and BTW here is our latest offer.

Respects

Ian Harper

Steve_Knight

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 04:07:19 pm »
I also have a Kleenrite edge machine for sale if you are interested.

Twin Vacuums 400 psi Pump Internal heater comes complete with vacuum and solution hoses and carpet cleaning wand

Looking for £1400.

Please call/text on 07860 657303.

Cheers Steve

hotsteam

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2022, 04:56:27 pm »
Hi Matt, I've done both, do you really want to lug heavy machines  around ,and do all  the training  ?

I only clean windows  now !

why don't you expand your window cleaning instead, carpet cleaning is not as easy as you might think !

All the best Hotsteam

I

jannifer Dcosta

Re: Thinking about starting a carpet cleaning Business New
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2022, 05:02:31 am »
Are you looking for top-class, reliable cleaning services for your home or workplace? Merit Cleaning has a team of well-equipped and well-trained cleaners who carry out deep cleaning and sanitization to ensure a healthy living or working environment. We offer the best quality home and commercial cleaning services in Sydney, and we stand by our quality service, specializing in ongoing cleaning sessions since 2008. We are professionally trained cleaners who take the time to do things right to clean your home and business properly.  If you want the best cleaning service, we'd love the chance to work with you and prove our high level of quality service which our clients enjoy time and time again.