This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Which electric hose reel
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2022, 05:58:00 pm »
Pure Freedom all the way. Had mine 19 months now and not missed a beat. If DIY competant install yourself if not drive up and get PF to install. That's what I did with mine (although I did get a whole system put in) and like another user said it's pennies in the long run.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2022, 06:13:13 pm »
I've been looking at one for a while always had a d.i.y one but fancy buying one. Just out of boredom really lol.

Are the 3ds any good or should I just get the pure freedom ? Prices have shot up over the years haven't they over 900 quid now delivered.

I've got a 3d one. It's great.

windowswashed

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2022, 08:30:50 pm »
They don't half make life easier in this job, more energy at the end of each working day using electric hosereel. I was convinced I didn't need one for years and then thought, sod it, I'll try one and wow, so much easier.

jk999

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2022, 10:36:25 pm »
In end I went for the 3d so can't wait 😁😁😁 cheers for the replies 👍

Soupy

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2022, 08:11:25 am »
When you work out how long they last and make you it’s pennies.

How long do they last and how much do they make you?

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2022, 09:13:08 am »

Until the belt snaps and the switch breaks..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 09:46:37 am »

I’ve had my HD reel 6-7 years never replaced the chain and never replaced the motor touch wood,on my work I reel out at least 2/3rds most jobs if I can do an extra couple of jobs at the end of the day because my elbows and shoulders aren’t killing me that’s a lot of money a month trust me.
I looked on their website yesterday and what I want isn’t in stock at the moment,people lumping a stainless reel out of the van each job and plugging in to the side of the van want a serious talking to tbh,madness right there.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2022, 09:50:24 am »
I’m not paying that for an Extreme pole Whaaaaaat lol,it’s earning you 1000s and 1000s of £££ hundreds of 1000s get a grip for 6-700 notes 🤣
Sit down and work out roughly what these products are earning you year on year they work out pennies to buy if they last even a couple of years,it’s the same with a 9 kw heater for the time they last it’s very little money in the long run.

Soupy

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2022, 10:43:23 am »

I’ve had my HD reel 6-7 years never replaced the chain and never replaced the motor touch wood,on my work I reel out at least 2/3rds most jobs if I can do an extra couple of jobs at the end of the day because my elbows and shoulders aren’t killing me that’s a lot of money a month trust me.
I looked on their website yesterday and what I want isn’t in stock at the moment,people lumping a stainless reel out of the van each job and plugging in to the side of the van want a serious talking to tbh,madness right there.

Can't disagree with that but surely nobody still does that?

Ive had two electric reels and they've both been hopeless.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2022, 10:47:04 am »
I still see fools doing it m8 on my travels from time to time huge great stainless ionic style reels in and out of the van it’s nuts 🌰,what could be easier at waist height just opening the door and a way you go and push a button to pack up and off you go.
Some people just won’t spend  any money still using plastic reels with hoselock fittings water everywhere lol,what’s up with em.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2022, 11:32:47 am »
When you pull the hose out from an electric reel is there more tension than a manual reel?

Does anyone use reinforced pole hose with an electric reel?
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2022, 12:03:48 pm »
No more tension at all you can adjust the tension mines always been on the loosest setting and it’s perfect,crazy people still manual reeling they must have hardly any hose to pull out on each job or they’d think different.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2022, 12:04:36 pm »
You could use pole hose reinforced I can’t see why not I would just use a reducer at the inside of the reel.

Mike Burd

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2022, 01:48:27 pm »

Can't disagree with that but surely nobody still does that?

Ive had two electric reels and they've both been hopeless.
What was the problem?

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2022, 02:26:54 pm »
Talking about extreme poles I've snapped section 2 today. It's almost a year old, snapped section 1 after 6 weeks.

Now it's got 2 slx sections it's only a matter of time before it becomes an slx.

I do love the poles but thought of shelling out another 700 quid on one 🤔

Soupy

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2022, 02:48:21 pm »
What was the problem?

First one lasted no time before rattling itself to bits, the replacement is better (newer version) but I've had to replace the button twice and the lad that uses it wants to go back to a "proper reel".

Mike Burd

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2022, 02:50:45 pm »
What was the problem?

First one lasted no time before rattling itself to bits, the replacement is better (newer version) but I've had to replace the button twice and the lad that uses it wants to go back to a "proper reel".
Wait until he’s 50!

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2022, 03:34:24 pm »

Until the belt snaps and the switch breaks..... ;D

Trust me the pure freedom ones arnt any better I have had to send mine back twice and I have a bad clonking noise from one of them now that’s going to have to go back again .  There isn’t a single electric reel out there that is perfect , we have had less trouble with the waterworks 3D reels out of all the ones we have had , the worst by far is another famous company I have not spoken to a single person that has had one of their reels and not had major problems with them yet they still maintain there is nothing wrong with them .

NWH

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2022, 03:58:43 pm »
Honestly I’ve had my HD for well over 5-6 years now it’s got to be and the chains come off multiple times but that’s because the bolts on the front came loose,it’s a godsend imo if it blew up I’d be straight on the phone ordering another.

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2022, 05:05:58 pm »
Honestly I’ve had my HD for well over 5-6 years now it’s got to be and the chains come off multiple times but that’s because the bolts on the front came loose,it’s a godsend imo if it blew up I’d be straight on the phone ordering another.

I don’t think they sell them any more been replaced by the 3D ?? They don’t seam to advertise it on their web site .