This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lijong Tao

Sodium Hypochlorite
« on: March 06, 2022, 02:31:29 am »
I've been asked to clean a patio for a family member, it is filthy and green with algae as it is sinking down to one corner allowing water to sit. For the time being they want it cleaning and have bought Sodium Hypochlorite. I intend on pressure washing first and applying with a watering can but what ratio do you use?

It is 15% strength. I am doing quite a big area, perhaps 20 feet square. Can anyone tell me how many chemicals to put in and how much water? I struggle with working things out. Am wearing chemical resistant gloves, goggles and a mask, Thank you

Mike Halliday

Re: Sodium Hypochlorite
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 07:07:55 am »
Mix it 4 parts water to one part hypo in a watering can. Sprinkle it liberally  over the full patio taking care not to touch any fences or grass/plants. Leave it 20minutes then either apply more or rinse it off you can apply a stronger mix to any areas that need it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lijong Tao

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 01:16:45 am »
Thanks for the reply, Mike. Much appreciated mate

Darran Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 11:32:02 am »
Mix with water and a bleach stable surfactant (not fairy) at 5% strength - that's 95 parts water to 4 parts Sodium Hypochlorite/1part bleach stable surfactant  - no need to go in any stronger - dwell 15 mins rinse/neutralise and then Pressure Wash - it will cut your time in half.
Repeat when required

waterforce

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 07:35:43 am »
Mix with water and a bleach stable surfactant (not fairy) at 5% strength - that's 95 parts water to 4 parts Sodium Hypochlorite/1part bleach stable surfactant  - no need to go in any stronger - dwell 15 mins rinse/neutralise and then Pressure Wash - it will cut your time in half.
Repeat when required
Maths was not your strong point then?

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 05:01:06 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 05:21:50 pm »
Repeat when required
Maths was not your strong point then?

I think he has accidentally put a 9 in front of the  5 hope his quotes are a bit more accurate 😂😂😂😂😂😂