This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

roof cleaning
« on: January 27, 2022, 02:08:47 pm »
I do the odd roof clean but only the type whereby I scrap the moss off and apply biocide. I've not pressure washed a roof yet despite p washing driveways and patios etc for a few years.  It has to rank as probably the worst job to do for me to do and would love to pressure wash a roof but I'm a bit apprehensive to do it.  An obviously bad condition roof is a no no, are there any other types of roofs or tiles you should steer clear of and would using the 12inch spinners on the roof mitigate some of the risk in using a turbo nozzle on a roof although I see some use them to good effect also? I like the idea of giving the custy an immediate result but don't want the water ingress hassle and the additional clean up looks time consuming also. Any tips and advice most welcome as I've had a few enquiries and keen to service my customers. many thanks.

Smudger

Re: roof cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 11:47:07 pm »
go buy a tile - or even go find a few second hand ones and turbo it - you cant damage them

Clay and slate - jut don't walk on them

Slacky uses a FSC to good effect - I have on the odd roof where there is really no option to walk on or use access m/c - they work but the job takes longer and you will defo require a good dose of Hypo ( that should be standard anyway )

the only time I've had water ingress is on a very mossy roof where there were tiles missing under the moss - this lead to about a litre of water going on loft insulation

Technique is key - do it correctly and all will be fine

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk