UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Gutter cleaning advice

<< < (2/7) > >>

SB Cleaning:

--- Quote from: Evan on January 21, 2022, 04:43:14 pm ---Looking at the 1700w panther it comes with light aluminium anyone got one? Are the poles light enough? And what height is advisable?

--- End quote ---
Don't bother with ally poles you will only regret it and buy carbon later..
And 1700w isn't enough power imo..3000w min

Spruce:

--- Quote from: Smudger on January 21, 2022, 03:48:31 pm ---Get a genny.

I know many don’t use one, but if you want the freedom to do it as and when it’s essential also cuts out the faff of waiting for the customer to sort out a socket

Get carbon fibre tubes
Invest in a solid gooseneck - these allow you to be firmer with the crud growing in the gutter and you can push back slipped tiles allowing you to clear easily

Darran

--- End quote ---

I agree with him investing in a gen set if this is going to be his core business.

I have just managed to squeeze my Vacuum cleaner into a small corner of the van and strapped the pipes along the top of the headboard.

Mine is a 1500 watt with a smaller diamt pipe. When I enquired with the manufacturer of the vacuum cleaner they did a lot of start tests for me. One of the starts was 5kw so they recommended a 5.5kva generator. That's heavy and takes up a fair bit of floor space. I also don't use the gutter vac often enough to warrant buying a generator.
For me I just pre-arrange a convenient time to clean gutters. If they aren't going to be in, I arrange for an extension cable to be left out. I also have my own cable drum on the van.

There was a supplier who used to sell 1400 watt vacuum cleaners and said a 2kva generator was big enough to power his unit. In all the years I worked for Bosch on construction sites, we sold a 2.2 kva gen set for smaller tools under 1000 watt and anything above was 5.5kva. So our 1800 watt electric jack hammer needed a 5.5kva to power it.

If he is going to offer this as a service then I would recommend a 3000 watt unit with large bore carbon fibre poles. I would also have the cyclone inlet modification done.
See GVS (Gutter Vacuum Systems) units and their many Youtube videos o/p.

One thing suppliers never tell you about is how long it takes to clean the equipment properly after each clean.

james peters:

--- Quote from: Evan on January 21, 2022, 04:43:14 pm ---Looking at the 1700w panther it comes with light aluminium anyone got one? Are the poles light enough? And what height is advisable?

--- End quote ---

as has been said , get carbon fibre poles.
I have a gutter sucker , which is the same company that does the sky vac
I dont do a huge amount of gutters , but I have found it adequate

Splash & dash:

--- Quote from: james peters on January 21, 2022, 06:15:14 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Gutter suckers is nothing to do with sky vac .

SB Cleaning:

--- Quote from: Splash & dash on January 21, 2022, 06:43:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: james peters on January 21, 2022, 06:15:14 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Gutter suckers is nothing to do with sky vac .

--- End quote ---
I think it is the same company..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version