van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Where to start with aches and pains
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2022, 01:08:55 pm »
I've got 76 jobs pencilled in for next week...I'll easily get them cleaned in 4 short working days.... ;)
It's gonna take me 2 days to do 1 house  on Mon and Tues 8)

The thing is when you eventually lose that job(and you will one day)that's 2 days work you need to replace where my biggest jobs take around an hour or so to clean,most are 10-20 mins so i don't notice when I lose the odd account....
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2022, 02:02:52 pm »
I've got 76 jobs pencilled in for next week...I'll easily get them cleaned in 4 short working days.... ;)

The thing is when you eventually lose that job(and you will one day)that's 2 days work you need to replace where my biggest jobs take around an hour or so to clean,most are 10-20 mins so i don't notice when I lose the odd account....
How do you know i will lose that job Daz?.
I also do a fair few other properties that they own.

deeege

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2022, 04:00:16 pm »

Nigel is that you?  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KS Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2022, 04:23:47 pm »

Nigel is that you?  ;D
😆😆

robbo333

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2022, 05:27:14 pm »
I'm 57 years old, and this is what i did:

I changed the problem, rather than find the cure.

1. Lightest equipment: Gardiner Xtreme pole and brushes, (sill brushes are good). I put 30m of reinforced pole hose on my main reel (easy to use and reel in). I also purchased a waterworks electric reel (one of the best things i've done).

2. Work out the side of the van (in 90% of cleans, this works ideal, straight out and straight back, no going round corners.

3. Bin off all the awkward houses. I only take on easy houses or bungalows (no reaching over large connys to get to crap).

4. Price increase, I can now earn the same money for less hours per day.

I had tennis elbow, golfers elbow, a dodgy shoulder and a dodgy wrist (no jokes please). By changing the way I work, all these are no longer a problem.

I have done all I can do to make my work (easier!). This year I will focus on me...maybe Pilates, Krav Maga I fancy (I used to do boxing) but I need some form of external fitness or exercise that I find interesting.  My diet is good and I eat healthy so I can't really improve on that but I will drink less alcohol. (no more wiskey).

Ps The red wine stays.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2022, 05:42:28 pm »

1. Lightest equipment: Gardiner Xtreme pole and brushes, (sill brushes are good). I put 30m of reinforced pole hose on my main reel (easy to use and reel in). I also purchased a waterworks electric reel (one of the best things i've done).

2. Work out the side of the van (in 90% of cleans, this works ideal, straight out and straight back, no going round corners.

3. Bin off all the awkward houses. I only take on easy houses or bungalows (no reaching over large connys to get to crap).

I had tennis elbow, golfers elbow, a dodgy shoulder and a dodgy wrist (no jokes please). By changing the way I work, all these are no longer a problem.

I have done all I can do to make my work (easier!). This year I will focus on me...maybe Pilates, Krav Maga I fancy (I used to do boxing) but I need some form of external fitness or exercise that I find interesting.  My diet is good and I eat healthy so I can't really improve on that but I will drink less alcohol. (no more wiskey).

Ps The red wine stays.

Already use lightest poles and leccy reels.

Ive got rid of all jobs that require more than my 25ft barring 2 i think. They do need to go
Thats said ive still got quite a lot of awkward angles and stretching over connys etc on the round. Ive way more work than i can handle comfortable so could drop them all but its hard to part with it but i know i really should unless i can get some other poor bugger to clean them for me  :D

Been to physio this morning and he reckons everything is reversible with specific exercises,correct  diet, sleep and reducing stress.

robbo333

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2022, 05:55:21 pm »

Ps The red wine stays.

Already use lightest poles and leccy reels.

Ive got rid of all jobs that require more than my 25ft barring 2 i think. They do need to go
Thats said ive still got quite a lot of awkward angles and stretching over connys etc on the round. Ive way more work than i can handle comfortable so could drop them all but its hard to part with it but i know i really should unless i can get some other poor bugger to clean them for me  :D

Been to physio this morning and he reckons everything is reversible with specific exercises,correct  diet, sleep and reducing stress.

Sounds like that's your problem. Hope you get it sorted soon.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2022, 03:59:37 pm »
It's all to do with diet and exercise and good equipment as well as no alcohol(or very little if you like a drink)...obviously no smoking and working smarter....

I have literally a hundred or more jobs with very awkward windows to clean...that's why they employ me to clean their windows....zero problems with shoulders or neck etc...

I put it down to all the above....strength training in the gym over the last 6 years or so has built a very strong upper body....my upper back,chest,arms, shoulders and traps are very well developed and it helps immensely with WFP....
price higher/work harder!