van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: X line poles
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2021, 04:59:40 pm »
So i used the 18ft nano for the first time today.

Coupled it with an extreme sill brush and away i went.....

First thing i noticed was the clamps are more awkward than gardiners, with the opening mechanism, further round the pole you either have to twist the pole to use your thumb or use your fingers instead. Second thing is the pole is very grippy on the base section, my hands didnt slide over it easily with gloves on, something i didnt like.

The sections dont slide out that easily, you have to pull them out, i messed with the clamps but didnt solve it. Also when collapsing the pole it doesnt drop as easy you have to almost pull the pole back in.

After using for about 7 houses i switched over to my extreme to reach some 3 storeys, i was expecting it to feel heavier instantly (its a 25ft with an ultimate brush and number 1 section is from an slx) but tbh it didnt feel much different....

As soon as i extended the extreme i knew the clamps were much better, you can throw the pole out it doesnt need any effort unlike the nano. Also open the clamp and the pole drops sharply, the nano doesnt. Clamps on the gardiners are faster to use and the pole just felt better.

I then went back to the nano and this confirmed my thoughts, infact when you extend the pole as far as it will go the clamps actually jam and you have to really push to collapse it.

Once id gone back to the extreme again for another job i didnt even bother going back to the nano for the rest of the day, it felt kind of pointless.

So my conclusion, just as i expected before i ordered one, is that the clamps are dog turd. Actually thats unfair they arent bad, certainly not the worst ive used, they are just ok but not a patch on gardiners or phantom clamps.

I have an old phantom pole in the shed, i think im going to try and put the clamps on the nano to see if they fit, if they do i reckon ive got a nice pole. If they dont i might stick it on ebay  :) Reason i bought it was to improve upon my extreme 25 for smaller houses in terms of being lighter and easier to use but i dont think it achives this so its kind of pointless.

If i had never used an extreme i would say its a very good pole but NWH was right this time im afraid  ::)roll

Interesting to hear from someone who has both poles but really Stoots you've got to give it more than 5 mins before writing it off. The stiffness you describe wears off after a short time of use its just new, all poles are bit like that to start, it will glide just fine in a while once its worn in. I agree Gardiners clamps are better in as much as they last longer with more adjustment but honestly find the nano clamps more user friendly, when i use my slx after using the nano i feel the gardiners clamps are much more "clumsy" to use, its purely about what your used to as i never thought that about the slx clamps before using the nano. if you've been using other makes then theres always a period of adjustment whilst you get used to it. Itll be interesting if you do fit other makes of clamps to hear how you get on, i love the nano but its annoying that the little finishing touches let it down like the end caps which must surely be a cheap fix.

"further round the pole you either have to twist the pole to use your thumb or use your fingers instead. "    i dont get what you mean by this, sounds like you havn't alined the brushhead with the clamps, if they're all lined up you shouldn't be twisting the pole .

My clamps are definitely lined up, i cant work with a non aligned pole  :)

When the nano clamps are closed the opener is on the back of the pole as oppposed to the side like gardiners. This means to use your thumb you either have to rotate your wrist round to the right or turn the pole left its not just in easy reach of the thumb like im used to. Its just a bit of an awkward action.

Ive seen on the facebook groups people changing the clamps for phantom ones so reckon that will solve it.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2021, 08:39:11 pm »
I've got used to the clamps now....I haven't done much work though this week due to the awful weather!ive only worked 3 hours yesterday morning!
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2021, 11:00:18 pm »
I've got used to the clamps now....I haven't done much work though this week due to the awful weather!ive only worked 3 hours yesterday morning!

sounds like your standard working week  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2021, 11:06:41 pm »
It's been a bad week weather wise, worked till 1 on Monday and Tuesday and came home after 2 hours today. Tomorrow looks dry then can't work Friday as its against my policy   ;D

Try again next week.

the king

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2022, 09:35:35 pm »
How are you getting on with these xline poles are they still going strong 💪

dazmond

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2022, 09:58:01 pm »
How are you getting on with these xline poles are they still going strong 💪

Yep...I use Gardiner goosenecks and brushes with it though...

The nano pole is stronger,more rigid and slightly heavier than an xtreme pole but still lighter than an SLX....

I honestly think the xtreme pole is slightly too extreme...its too fragile because gardiners have tried to make the lightest pole possible but this compromises strength a tad too much for my liking....

dazmond

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2022, 09:59:51 pm »
Now a nano pole with Gardiner clamps would be the perfect pole IMO....

The perfect balance between weight,rigidity and strength...