This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Need to get some new leisure batteries but it's becoming a bit of a minefield. Is it good to get ones that state start-up as well or the best number of recharge cycles?  There are so many types now. I run a diesel heater, electric reel, and pump. Batteries are charged every night and also during the day with a sterling charger. Want some good quality ones.

cheers

dazmond

Re: what leisure batteries are diesel heater users using nowadays.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 02:31:47 pm »
i use 2 x  105ah numax starter/leisure combo batteries ....mine are over 4 years old...still going strong
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 06:59:24 pm »

:) :) best batteries I've ever had for wfp

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 05:00:57 am »
Need to get some new leisure batteries but it's becoming a bit of a minefield. Is it good to get ones that state start-up as well or the best number of recharge cycles?  There are so many types now. I run a diesel heater, electric reel, and pump. Batteries are charged every night and also during the day with a sterling charger. Want some good quality ones.

cheers

Numax have always been good for us. As per Daz. What ever you order, my advice is to go for a combo leisure battery with a CCA rating.
If you order online, do make sure they send you exactly what you ordered. They say they have stock and then send you an equavelent. I ordered a Numax and they tried to send me a class c battery that had a very poor performance rating.

You generally are looking for a battery with wild camping and/or motor mover capabilities. It's a class b battery.

Google "NCC verified battery scheme. " Charging cycles are an important consideration.

As we have said before, as window cleaners the battery manufacturers class us as battery abusers. Just using it in a window cleaning environment will void the warranty. So the guarantee period doesn't apply to us and is a risk we have to take on ourselves.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 04:04:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply's  Daz n Spruce. Will give the Numax ones a try.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 08:52:53 am »
Don't forget to charge them up every night with a decent charger and have a split charge relay fitted too for a little charge up when driving about...

This is essential for long battery life....discharging a battery below 50% is not good at all..preferably you want to be charging after 30% of  use

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 09:02:33 pm »
Don't forget to charge them up every night with a decent charger and have a split charge relay fitted too for a little charge up when driving about...

This is essential for long battery life....discharging a battery below 50% is not good at all..preferably you want to be charging after 30% of  use
I do that anyway