van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

am i getting too old or too soft regarding the Weather
« on: January 05, 2022, 10:24:06 am »
Wanting to start again after a couple of weeks off.    The cold would not bother me once , sleeves rolled up etc.
Not now      The Cold weather  is starting to get to me lately.   Have to stick Hand Warmers in my gloves.   Only thing that stops me wanting to finish  and come home to a nice warm home.     Fingers start to go Numb now in very cold spells.    Age will have a  main reason    .     Pray for 5 degree  and above .

Rob.Hall

Re: am i getting too old or too soft regarding the Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 12:54:28 pm »
I've been like that for years!  ;D
Hands always take a hit!
I just have to suck it up!
Spring, summer and autumn  make up for the winter.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 05:40:50 pm »
Wanting to start again after a couple of weeks off.    The cold would not bother me once , sleeves rolled up etc.
Not now      The Cold weather  is starting to get to me lately.   Have to stick Hand Warmers in my gloves.   Only thing that stops me wanting to finish  and come home to a nice warm home.     Fingers start to go Numb now in very cold spells.    Age will have a  main reason    .     Pray for 5 degree  and above .

Doesn't bother me one bit and I've just turned 50...however I do wear a fleece,sailing jacket,fleece lined hiking trousers,deerstalkers hat and nitrile gloves(hot hose keeps my hands warm)in this cold weather.. ;D

It was far worse years ago on ladders....its easy these days with hot water,proper winter clothes and light poles and short working days
price higher/work harder!

Granny

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 05:46:04 pm »
johnny
Sounds like you maybe have Renaud's Syndrome or Carpal Tunnel problems.
Won't ask you're age but if you're not too old 50+ you shouldn't have such a problem unless the above.

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 06:32:19 pm »

Doesn't bother me one bit and I've just turned 50...however I do wear a fleece,sailing jacket,fleece lined hiking trousers,deerstalkers hat and nitrile gloves(hot hose keeps my hands warm)in this cold weather.. ;D

It was far worse years ago on ladders....its easy these days with hot water,proper winter clothes and light poles and short working days
You wear a deerstalker, Daz? When you're doing homes?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 06:43:42 pm »
age 58
Probably Arthiritus.    Always worked outdoors, Ground works etc
went out today but after 10.30    after the cold spell.    sun came out .  hand warmers in my gloves .   1st day out after hols.      Great to be out .  £s  coming back in .    calls coming in via Fb page .      4 new customers today   never even advertised for them . Luckily in one of my areas i have a round in .
Selling some   .  Recoup  with a few newbies .   

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 11:21:13 pm »
age 58
Probably Arthiritus.    Always worked outdoors, Ground works etc
went out today but after 10.30    after the cold spell.    sun came out .  hand warmers in my gloves .   1st day out after hols.      Great to be out .  £s  coming back in .    calls coming in via Fb page .      4 new customers today   never even advertised for them . Luckily in one of my areas i have a round in .
Selling some   .  Recoup  with a few newbies .

Hi Johnny - I'm 62 and Tuesday was my first day back - started at 8.30 - after 10 days off and I was a bit apprehensive but in November bought some new thermal gear (the neck of one layer is roll neck which I can put right up over my nose if I need to!) and I layer up with lots of thin layers and an outer thin water and windproof shell.  As the day wears on the temperature rises and the outer layer(s) come off.

Warm water helps enormously with supple hoses and a waft of warmth (comparatively) when I open the van doors!  ;D

I'm fending off new customers too. Hey ho! Onward and upward.
It's a game of three halves!

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 01:01:30 am »
Gets harder every year going back to 4storey commercial work most of the first day returning back to work after Christmas, The older you get, the harder it gets after a decent break from work. Shock to the system for a couple days  getting use to it and the weather again.

Thank goodness for ultra hi modulous, thinner diameter carbon poles, and better, lighter brushes for scrubbing to make the job easier.  Some difference in pole comparisons to the Naughties (2000+) plus using Tucker aluminium poles and Ionics heavy duty poles, thank goodness!

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 06:52:56 am »
It was deceptively cold yesterday on Teesside Johnny. I managed 2 1/2  hours and I called it quits, even with warm water.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 07:34:25 am »
No such thing as bad weather...just inappropriate clothing.. ;D

Diet and exercise makes a huge difference in how you feel no matter what age you are...

Make sure your doing everything you can to improve your health which for me includes no alcohol,no smoking,good wholesome food 80% of the time,cardio and strength training in the gym,etc....

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 08:24:23 am »

Diet and exercise makes a huge difference in how you feel no matter what age you are...

Make sure your doing everything you can to improve your health which for me includes no alcohol,no smoking,good wholesome food 80% of the time,cardio and strength training in the gym,etc....

Talk to you in another 20 years Daz.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 08:34:58 am »

Sounds like mindlessly optimistic Lieutenant George from Blackadder goes forth...  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 11:45:00 am »

Talk to you in another 20 years Daz.  ;D

No need for excuses mate...... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 11:48:12 am »
I ve been sat in my van for the past hour....might have to sack it off(heavy sleet/rain)its relentless  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 12:16:18 pm »
I ve been sat in my van for the past hour....might have to sack it off(heavy sleet/rain)its relentless  ;D

Never the wrong weather, just the right clothing ...  ;D

Rob.Hall

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 12:17:39 pm »
No excuses Daz....
Get back out there !  Nesh  ;D

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 03:25:44 pm »
I'm 69 this year and go out every day regardless of the weather conditions, I would rather be out working than sitting indoors watching daytime TV

dd

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 05:09:00 pm »
The last few years I have found the summer worse than the winter. Have an aversion to working in 30 degree plus heat.

For the most part winters are now mild. I start work late (quite happy to work 10-4) when frosty as my circulation is not great. At least in the winter you can always wear an extra layer, in the summer there is only so much you can take off.

I am 57.

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 05:33:15 pm »
Cold is never a problem, lets face it the lowest temp we can work is probably around freezing/minus 1 ish anyway. So get wrapped up well and you cant possibly be cold. Its the summer thats the problem, nothing you can do about that cant remove skin.

johnny bravo

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 06:52:19 pm »
It was deceptively cold yesterday on Teesside Johnny. I managed 2 1/2  hours and I called it quits, even with warm water.
haha      sea air breeze also     bbbrrrrrrrr

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 10:11:30 pm »
No excuses Daz....
Get back out there !  Nesh  ;D

I did....just when I was thinking of going home it cleared up a bit so cracked on til 330pm.... :)

Got £30 in belated Xmas tips too taking my tally to £553....

The wind was biting cold though,I was glad to get in for a hot bath and a homemade curry! :)