This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Re: Returning to the glass
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2022, 11:43:26 pm »
There’s another interesting thread hijacked and ruined by the forum idiot.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2022, 09:50:57 am »
Thanks for all the comments. Given me lots to think about. I guess it's the stress and the bullpoop.

Someone asked how old I am. Almost 43 in pretty good shape. Always made sure I exercise and eat properly. The poles are so light nowadays. I remember using ionics fibre glass poles back in the day and being knackered at the end of the day. Time carbon ones became cheap enough, the job was a breeze.

i would say that the days i could do when i was 35 are very different to what i feel like doing at 45

i'm just startgin retraingin to go back into the public sector interestingly.

although i plan to keep my WC cleaning business and grow it still

i'll probably end up part time in both.

is that an option for you?

also have you considered working as a supply teacher to bridge the gap between jobs?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Smudger

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2022, 11:28:22 am »
Don’t know why your complaining Nigel - your rich wife is obviously paying  :P

Clearly those that “do” know the real costs - those that don’t (like you) don’t have the first clue about anything - only what some geezer has told you - who is the real mug in this senario ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Rob.Hall

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2022, 12:50:02 pm »
The only benefit from staying in teaching is 1. Decent pension, well above private sector. Big bonus.
2. Security.
3. Liking the job 70% of the time. Not many people can say they love it 100% time.
Downside.
1. Stress
2. Lack of respect from pupils in some sercumstances.
3. Hours.
4. It's hard work.

You need to way up everything before changing.

I have always had the philosophy that if you are stressed out and not happy then change tack.
Maybe look at another job in the same sector or another job in the public sector.

If this does not fit then do what you think will give you security and happiness....like going back to the glass  ;D

All the best in your decision.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2022, 03:09:59 pm »
Warning NWH.

I've removed your posts of today from this thread. A repeat by you will earn you a long stay, not in the Maldives but on the naughty step.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2022, 05:08:23 pm »
Ok I can see that although I don’t quite understand why,I can also see that the derogatory comments towards me from others have been left as they have been in the past.

Granny

« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2022, 05:41:48 pm »
Thinking of returning to window cleaning after over ten years away from it. For very misguided reasons, I sold my round turning over a very decent amount in 2011 to become a teacher.Been nearly broke ever since. After ten years at it, top of the pay grade - I can only go up by becoming a deputy head- I take home about 500 quid less a month than I did in 2011.

What's changed? I was wfp since 2005. Slx poles just came out and I had an l5 gas heater which I never used because it was a pain in the arse.

Any advice for jumping back in?
Yes beware of this Forum!!
Just a reminder of where we started "Thinking of returning to window cleaning "
Typical CIU, look where we've ended up. ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2022, 06:19:17 pm »
Ok I can see that although I don’t quite understand why,I can also see that the derogatory comments towards me from others have been left as they have been in the past.

Because the OP asked for some advice (which thankfully has been forthcoming) despite you clogging up the thread with nonsense and ill informed opinion, as is your wont.

G Griffin

« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2022, 06:28:34 pm »
Thinking of returning to window cleaning after over ten years away from it. For very misguided reasons, I sold my round turning over a very decent amount in 2011 to become a teacher.Been nearly broke ever since. After ten years at it, top of the pay grade - I can only go up by becoming a deputy head- I take home about 500 quid less a month than I did in 2011.

What's changed? I was wfp since 2005. Slx poles just came out and I had an l5 gas heater which I never used because it was a pain in the arse.

Any advice for jumping back in?
Yes beware of this Forum!!
Just a reminder of where we started "Thinking of returning to window cleaning "
Typical CIU, look where we've ended up. ;D
That'll teach him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2022, 06:48:12 pm »

Because the OP asked for some advice (which thankfully has been forthcoming) despite you clogging up the thread with nonsense and ill informed opinion, as is your wont.

I have commented as have others I have replied to a post and others have also done the same,I was banned last time for a month for nothing KS even mentioned that it was a bit strong that I should be banned.
I get snide comments post after post yet nothing gets said,bit strange really if you read back through certain threads my replies are no different to others.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2022, 07:39:23 pm »
I know I’m probably in the minority but I agree with you.

Splash & dash

« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2022, 08:21:16 pm »
Splash you may have been going that often m8 have you been over Christmas.

Yes we have several times we always pay between £1500 and 2500 per person no matter what time of year . You don’t have to spend mega bucks to go there , we always fly with emirates as well and usually business class , if you want to stay in the Hilton  then yes you will pay far more but having stayed in that type of place many times before the extra cost is not justified you are just paying for  the name .

james peters

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2022, 08:32:38 pm »

serious question ? NWH ,  do you have ADHD ?     I mean no offence by this , but it seems you may have by the way you have an inability to  interact with out confrontation ?

G Griffin

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2022, 11:09:39 pm »

serious question ? NWH ,  do you have ADHD ?     I mean no offence by this , but it seems you may have by the way you have an inability to  interact with out confrontation ?
Is that ADHD, James?
I can see the attention bit but I'm not sure about the confrontation. I don't think Nige is that confrontational really. He takes most of the stick directed at him quite well. It might even play into his hands.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2022, 11:14:43 pm »
I know I’m probably in the minority but I agree with you.

However, I don't have the time or inclination to wade through looking at every post and so I tend to act when reports are made; and when one poster is at the centre of controversy time after time then sometimes that poster gets dealt with.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2022, 01:04:00 pm »

I've got ADHD...
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2022, 01:34:53 pm »
I’ve got BBC-ITV Sky Netflix what’s this ADHD business can you get better films etc on there 🤣🤣🤣

james peters

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2022, 01:53:39 pm »

I've got ADHD...

My daughter is trying to get a diadnoses. she thinks its ADHD, or borderline personality disorder.

Splash & dash

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2022, 03:13:27 pm »

I've got ADHD...

My daughter is trying to get a diadnoses. she thinks its ADHD, or borderline personality disorder.

NHW has definitely got that but is in denial 😂😂

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2022, 03:21:00 pm »
Like most threads I have been following this one (Returning to the glass) but once again it appears to have been hijacked and completely gone off the topic.

This seems to be happening a lot lately, WHY?

Can we not get back to the OP and give some sound advice rather than clogging it up with nonsense ?

Just my views for what it's worth