This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Karl1991

Training/ equipment
« on: December 06, 2021, 04:29:40 pm »
Hi all

Looking to get advice from the experts here.

I’m looking at doing a 1-2-1 Spinaclean training session (they no longer do large training days due to covid). I know the gutter cleaning equipment they produce is highly rated, just wondering if the pressure washers are any good? I’ve seen a package they do for the industrial gutter vac and a slipstream pressure washer that looks good.

Next question is regarding Soft Wash Systems, has anyone had experience with the 3 day intro course? Is the Doff system they sell adequate for the job? At £6k it seems very expensive!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Smudger

Re: Training/ equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 04:42:53 pm »
pays your money and take your choice - while all you have mentioned are good they are all way overpriced - but then they need to make a living

Gutter vac systems in Norfolk will get you a great set up for far less - you can DIY a system with superior carbon poles for even less if you put your mind to it

Pressure washers are best sourced from people like Rutland Pumps ( if he remembers to tighten the lock nuts  ;D ) or Qwashers

I do a lot of soft washing and it cost me £45 - fits on the lance of the pressure washer and does a great job.

If your starting out its very easy to spend, spend , spend - most it of you won't need or pay through the nose for - consider carefully if you REALLY need something or is it just a NICE TO HAVE

good luck
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Karl1991

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 05:46:47 pm »
Thanks Darran

Yes I was aware they were probably on the more expensive side but it just seemed easier dealing with one company, I will check out these recommendations though and hopefully save a few bob, much appreciated!

As for using the pressure washer for soft washing, that sounds like a great money saving tip there,. Do you carry out most of your roof soft washing from the ground or do you hire in a cherry picker? I ask as I want to target roofs round here as there seems to be a market for it.

It’s so easy to spend, I was looking to set up as just a window cleaner years ago and there definitely wasn’t the options then that are available now.

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 07:47:39 pm »
You should go out with an operator that has multiple services, they get free labour, get a proper insight into how others work, see for yourself, from the inside.

If I was you I'd travel wherever was necessary to gain that level of experience.

Good luck.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 07:49:03 pm »
I rarely soft wash a roof unless its moss free and absolutely no way to access it via a cherry picker

unless its a shallow pitch bungalow we always use a cherry picker - I use the soft wash after pressure cleaning.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 07:50:15 pm »
Hi Rob,

just off topic - my paint removal went well  ;D

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 07:55:51 pm »
Posted on it -

It looks slow?

And is sticking to the mortar?

Did you consider chemical removal?

I've never used chemical but a house in my village (I don't own the village) had a chemical paint removal job and it was done in a day, nothing left on it at all.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 07:59:24 pm »

test ! and job in the bag

Karl1991

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 08:39:56 pm »
Thanks for the advice fellas.