van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

What have i let myself in for.....
« on: November 30, 2021, 05:44:51 pm »
So it's gone a bit quiet on the Lead Generation/Canvassing front, but that's fine as i actually wanted the time off as summer was packed out!

I thought well as i'm not doing lead gen for anyone else might aswell do some for my own cleaning business just to get some final top ups in before the year is out to replace probably a dozen customers lost since end of summer, also gives me a chance to get the final push to 300 Customer on GoCardless only need 20 more to go!!!

So i setup my paid ads yesterday as per usual, wake up this morning to 5 leads sounds about right bang on the money.  Then i thought hmmm maybe ill just chuck on a few free ads aswell like Stoots/Adam is always doing as he gets good results doing that.  Put the free ads on earlier today came back 2 hours later to 46 messages of people wanting quotes  :o :o :o

The ad went nuclear because it got lots of reactions in a quick amount of time so it basically hit the Facebook G spot as i like to call it.  Every time i check more messages keep coming in  ;D ;D ;D

I only wanted about 10-20 quotes at max just to do top ups.

Now i've got probably 50+ quotes to do tomorrow and thursday.  The only good side is i can just go in with really high prices, and whatever does come in will be cream paying and on gocaradless so its a win win for that.

Plus because i hit the G Spot, i'm going to have a huge mix of good quality leads and trash leads to contend with too bunched together.

Also some of these leads will be the christmas one off brigades and the my windows are minging because of the storm.

What have i let myself in for, i cba........

Stoots help lol  ;D ;D ;D

swanson

Re: What have i let myself in for.....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 06:12:49 pm »
You love  it really

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 06:28:18 pm »
Told you loads of times mate about the old free groups.

Thats what happens to me, after 4 or 5 new customers and end up having to delete the ad when they keep pouring in  ;D

Now if only i could find good staff i would be rolling in work but rarely post now as cant/dont want to cope with it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 06:32:16 pm »
Lol do 50 quotes in two days , unless they are all very close together which I doubt they are that’s impossible, also  what’s the point in loosing 2 days work looking at that amount of jobs you could easily be earning £300 a day so that’s £600 loss 😂😂😂😂😂

Granny

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 06:39:19 pm »
What's these free ads, this on Facebook?

jo5hm4n

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 06:57:16 pm »
Told you loads of times mate about the old free groups.

Thats what happens to me, after 4 or 5 new customers and end up having to delete the ad when they keep pouring in  ;D

Now if only i could find good staff i would be rolling in work but rarely post now as cant/dont want to cope with it.

Yeah sometimes ive noticed that you just get 1 or 2, but then weeks later they start pouring in its happened to me a few times this year but this time happened within 2 hours lol.

Dont blame you mate, employing is so frustrating.  I tried to get another employee end of summer, ended up backfiring on me so ive put it off until January now to try again, sigh.....

jo5hm4n

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 06:58:45 pm »
Lol do 50 quotes in two days , unless they are all very close together which I doubt they are that’s impossible, also  what’s the point in loosing 2 days work looking at that amount of jobs you could easily be earning £300 a day so that’s £600 loss 😂😂😂😂😂

I dont work on the tools anymore thats what my staff do.  Ive got several businesses so im basically in the office every day anyway.  All quotes will be done online.  Don't need to waste my time driving to each job, all quotes get done online so theres no loss or downtime at all  ;D

deeege

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 07:23:12 pm »
A load of one offs just before Xmas, lucky you  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

james peters

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 07:31:49 pm »
A load of one offs just before Xmas, lucky you  ;D

I live where storm arwen hit on the weekend
windows are filthy.
I have been getting texts  off some of the  time wasters I have dropped for skipping cleans or being  bad payers
oh dear .  oh dear

I am afraid they will have to look through them over christmas  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 07:35:16 pm »

I dont work on the tools anymore thats what my staff do.  Ive got several businesses so im basically in the office every day anyway.  All quotes will be done online.  Don't need to waste my time driving to each job, all quotes get done online so theres no loss or downtime at all  ;D

I can't see what you've let yourself in for 🤷‍♂️
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 07:41:38 pm »
Word of mouth,recommendation and walk ups when out and about is how I get a steady trickle of new jobs all year round....I've been like this for many years....

I don't normally take on any new jobs now until the new year....
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 10:38:32 pm »

How do you accurately quote a job without seeing it ??

NWH

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 11:31:53 pm »
You can’t really a lot of these multiple van setups must come seriously unstuck when they quote online 22-25 for a 4 bed detached big time,If anyone texts me for a quote the first thing i do is get them to send me pics of all 4 sides of the property from that I can see if it’s worth quoting,I’d never price without at least that much even then it would be an estimate.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 09:44:31 am »
I had that the other day.

Lady called to say would I go and give a quote as not happy with existing company.
I would not commit until I saw property.
Glad I did!

Went round and quoted £35:00.
Other comp was charging £18:00.

It's happened a few times now.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 11:31:37 am »

There are multiple methods i use, but i'm not giving all my secrets away just yet!  ;D

The obvious one though is google maps that helps alot.  Also the easiest way to accurately quote a job is to just overquote.  Theres nothing worse than turning up to an underpriced job.  Quoting online easiest way to eliminate that problem is just to go in with high prices to account for uncertainty of not seeing the job etc..

Works everytime for us, infact most of the time we end up with tons of overpriced jobs.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 11:49:43 am »
Yeh I always quote online especially when you've got 50 leads to quote. Just get them to tell me type of property and how many windows.

Half of them won't be interested once they have the price and half of the ones you do get will be dumped over time . Complete waste of time quoting in person I never do that  if I get the price wrong when I turn up just tell them. 9 times out of 10 the price is accurate.

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 12:58:12 pm »

There are multiple methods i use, but i'm not giving all my secrets away just yet!  ;D

The obvious one though is google maps that helps alot.  Also the easiest way to accurately quote a job is to just overquote.  Theres nothing worse than turning up to an underpriced job.  Quoting online easiest way to eliminate that problem is just to go in with high prices to account for uncertainty of not seeing the job etc..

Works everytime for us, infact most of the time we end up with tons of overpriced jobs.

From my experience google maps are very outdated properties have had extensions and conservatories added years ago but it doesn’t show on Google maps as they arnt updated regularly, if you over price every job I doubt you will get many , also it might not be over priced if there is something that you are unaware of you could still be put of pocket, been there and done that , getting customer to send pictures is good but  sometimes there are still things that you don’t realise are there until you turn up , also I feel it’s more professional to turn up explain to the customer what you will do ., the personal touch always works well , we regularly get enquiries from ones who have had work done by others and it’s not been done right or they  haven’t done something if you see them there can be no confusion, that’s my take on it .

NWH

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 02:13:21 pm »
It is better to go and look normally the pictures do a good enough job though as long as they’ve stood back far enough from the property,just putting a price on a website is a joke imo ie 3 bed 4  bed etc.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 02:44:44 pm »
Yeh I always quote online especially when you've got 50 leads to quote. Just get them to tell me type of property and how many windows.

Half of them won't be interested once they have the price and half of the ones you do get will be dumped over time . Complete waste of time quoting in person I never do that  if I get the price wrong when I turn up just tell them. 9 times out of 10 the price is accurate.

I disagree, I don't get every quote I attend but a good 65% - its good to get face to face with the prospective customer - personally we gat less than 10 drop outs in a year

on rare occasions, If I do quote remotely I can pretty much bet that I won't get the job, on the odd one that does come back like above rarely lasts long as a customer

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 04:08:05 pm »

I disagree, I don't get every quote I attend but a good 65% - its good to get face to face with the prospective customer - personally we gat less than 10 drop outs in a year

on rare occasions, If I do quote remotely I can pretty much bet that I won't get the job, on the odd one that does come back like above rarely lasts long as a customer

Darran

If its the odd enquiry then yes sure go quote.

But I  this case with 50 leads it's different..

If I spend 2 days driving round  quoting then I have to go back again to clean them.

If I just book 10 new  jobs in online for the next day I'm only going once. If a price is way out then tell them, if it looks like a job I don't want then keep driving. If I've over quoted then quids in. Most of the time my price is accurate anyway.

Works for me anyway far too lazy to quote 50 jobs in person.