van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: days lost, and popcorn
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 10:24:24 am »
I just prefer working with hot water all year round....

As for working on freezing cold days with ice,snow on the ground I usually have the day off... :)

At one time, I would work through snow on the ground with cold water without a second thought. Just sprinkle a little salt down over wet pathways to prevent a slip hazard was the way to go.

These days, cold and old age aren't good buddies. I know if I slip and fall and break a bone, that will be a long recovery time.  That's not worth a day or two's lost earnings.

It's the same entering an estate that has untreated roads. Our area is rather hilly, so an accident will cost far more in future lost earnings, insurance excess, etc. than a day's lost earnings.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

richard connett

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2021, 01:00:04 pm »
Days lost since I started 9 years ago. 3 days for beast of the east, around 3 mornings a year otherwise . If it’s minus 2 or below just wait till 10 to start work

robbo333

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2021, 06:14:03 pm »
I work in Bournemouth with cold water. I've lost very little time due to freezing; maybe (1 hour a day) on a really cold day.  Over the winter probably 7 cold days...so 7 hours.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2021, 06:17:38 pm »
Cold again tomorrow morning.

Dazzler3370

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 08:18:49 pm »
I fitted an immersion element as I didn't want the up keep of a diesel heater and of course the cost implications.

I have found using warmer water has quite a few benefits apart from using it in colder weather.
 I find it shifts stains off the glass quicker, its nice to have a supple hose to throw around and I use it as a selling point to my customers so I charge a bit more.
So for the sake of £200 for all the kit including upgraded electrics.
I claim back on my tax for the electric I use.
Its the one of the best investments ive made, besides my Pure Freedom Electric Reel and Extreme Pole.
Dazzler

NWH

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2021, 09:00:42 pm »
Customers can’t believe it when they see you are using hot water last 3-4 months I’ve had builders and electricians amazed when they see the steam coming off the glass,what you get water that hot from 2 12V leisure batteries 1 electrician said to me lol.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 09:03:51 pm »
If you’ve only used cold water you can’t begin to fathom why you would only want to use hot water this is why I ignore cold water over hot comments,anyone in their right mind wouldn’t want to go back to cold but you should want to try hot over cold the benefits are huge in results and the fact it makes cold easy.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 10:09:07 pm »
If you’ve only used cold water you can’t begin to fathom why you would only want to use hot water this is why I ignore cold water over hot comments,anyone in their right mind wouldn’t want to go back to cold but you should want to try hot over cold the benefits are huge in results and the fact it makes cold easy.
Have you been drinking Special Brew again?

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 11:37:39 pm »
Have you been drinking Special Brew again?

no thats him sober - he's much more entertaining when drunk
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2021, 12:47:15 am »

That’s not true and there’s no on here who believes that for a second, apart from you.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2021, 10:00:50 am »

You ignore comments about water temperature like a junkie ignores an overdue fix.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2021, 10:27:47 am »
Ok I’ll take a reading today