This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Help needed to identify paint finish....
« on: November 12, 2021, 05:25:13 pm »
Ok need some help as my brain has gone soft.... ;D

Looking at a period house which in the 1980's was painted - I have done a small test area and got through the paint - this is a lot thicker than normal paint and is semi flexible - spoke to the father in law and he said they used to spray this stuff on but cant remember what its called - apparently it was made by Dulux

Anyone know what is was called ? it's bugging me !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: Help needed to identify paint finish....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 08:52:02 pm »

Darran

Side of a store I worked on Sunday - Thursday.

Job was to take back all paint, you're seeing the worst part.

If you look further up the store it is cream, that's what we needed to get to, the machine took it back to brick on the less well maintained service yard wall.

This area was unfinished, a lot more of that came off.

Machine set at 3/4 flow and water only.

There wasn't any need to get all the paint off but with time and some Nitromorse type assistance it wouldn't have been a problem.

Can't help you with the Dulux name but sometimes a bit of brute (not aftershave) & chemical  will do the job.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 09:07:40 am »
Cheers Rob,

Job starts Tuesday - hired the Tensid machine to help out - will be applying their paint stripper 24 hrs in advance of that

I wanted to hire the thermo tech but they are such d!cks to try and hire from, I won't be buying a machine from them anytime soon

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 02:29:17 pm »

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 07:49:37 pm »
Have you not put a stripping chemical on it, soften it?

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 08:05:08 pm »
yes paint stripper 24 hrs before..

not just paint - there was 2 coats of modern stuff (easy) then some coats of old paint which I reckon was lead based and under that was lime mortar  :-X

depending on how thick various parts were was hw good the result - but as long as we got down to the "breathable" lime layer customer was happy, it was for damp control and they are going to lime/wash/mortar over the brick after the damp treatment is finished

ps. its always good to look slow and steady in a video otherwise people think its an easy job !

Darran