van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Supreme brushes?
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2021, 09:30:16 pm »
Yeah I know what your saying they don’t last hence why I have to alternate or you just end up with a useless brush in no time,I see some people really squashing the brush in to the sides of the window on regular cleans and that’s one of the main reasons they don’t last 5 minutes.
I’m not saying you are wrong your right they should last longer I’m just giving my example of how I make them last a bit longer I have about 8-10 different brushes in the van and rotate them when I feel I’ve hammered 1 on a job.

That’s floored reasoning if you stop using a brush of course it will last longer it’s not being used if you alternate brushes they won’t last any longer than using using one brush until it’s knackered if a brush lasts for 100 hours use wether it’s 100 hours over a week or year it’s still 100 hours use

NWH

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2021, 09:48:02 pm »
Not really if you use a brush nearly all day long with hot water as you know the heat will deform the brush quicker,some brushes especially the tapertec ones once out of shape they’ve had it.
I’ll take a brush to the brink but I won’t flatten it out and deform the edges I’ll swap it over rinse that brush through and give it a break,it’s worked for me what you are saying makes sense in hours used overall etc but using a single brush consistently day in day out with “Hot Water” will kill it quicker in my experience.
The answer is make a brush that lasts and works well with hot water as well as cold water,a few rows of stiffer bristles round the outside would go a long way to helping.
It’s not that this isn’t known it’s  the machining of it which is the hurdle.

Lee GLS

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2021, 10:49:46 am »
I love the 35cm tapertec xtreme sill.  I find the sill bristles good for cleaning, easier and quicker than trying to clean the sills with a standard brush and swivel,  the last quote a while too 3/4 months, and love using 4 jets makes rinsing so much quicker. They aren’t perfect, the do band the frames if not careful, but no brush is perfect and I don’t think any brush will ever be perfect.

dazmond

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2021, 12:55:27 pm »
Not really if you use a brush nearly all day long with hot water as you know the heat will deform the brush quicker,some brushes especially the tapertec ones once out of shape they’ve had it.
I’ll take a brush to the brink but I won’t flatten it out and deform the edges I’ll swap it over rinse that brush through and give it a break,it’s worked for me what you are saying makes sense in hours used overall etc but using a single brush consistently day in day out with “Hot Water” will kill it quicker in my experience.
The answer is make a brush that lasts and works well with hot water as well as cold water,a few rows of stiffer bristles round the outside would go a long way to helping.
It’s not that this isn’t known it’s  the machining of it which is the hurdle.

the taper tec brushes are fine....their just like any other brushes that go out of shape....pour boiling water on them and they are good to go again....
price higher/work harder!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2021, 04:28:58 pm »
After a little more tweaking the brush is even better now.  Might try and capture a couple of photos of it in use. It's now more like a rectangular brush with round ends rather than an entirely oval affair.  It's kept a lovely soft feel, is very effective, efficient and has a considerably lighter wet weight. Corners are no longer an issue whether sash, recessed or not. It's actually quite a bit of an animal now without the weight! Works great with a swivel too.💪😁💪
I would recommend anyone who has a worn one, or one they don't use to try the same, it's a totally different beast.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Ched

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2021, 04:34:26 pm »
After a little more tweaking the brush is even better now.  Might try and capture a couple of photos of it in use. It's now more like a rectangular brush with round ends rather than an entirely oval affair.  It's kept a lovely soft feel, is very effective, efficient and has a considerably lighter wet weight. Corners are no longer an issue whether sash, recessed or not. It's actually quite a bit of an animal now without the weight! Works great with a swivel too.💪😁💪
I would recommend anyone who has a worn one, or one they don't use to try the same, it's a totally different beast.👍
Any picys of the finished brush?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2021, 04:46:55 pm »

I'll have a go in the next day or Two. Wonder if you can upload videos here?
Comfortably Numb!

Spruce

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2021, 07:12:59 am »

I'll have a go in the next day or Two. Wonder if you can upload videos here?

I think you have to upload it to Youtube (for example) and then put a link to it on here.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2021, 06:15:28 pm »
A few pics from yesterday. A couple of these show the brush flattened on the glass so you can see it's maximum splay. Bear in mind,  these bristles clumps in original form were actually bending under their own weight they were so long!

Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2021, 06:35:38 pm »
A few pics from yesterday. A couple of these show the brush flattened on the glass so you can see it's maximum splay. Bear in mind,  these bristles clumps in original form were actually bending under their own weight they were so long!

If you don’t like a brush that’s fine but why go to all this it modify it ??? Just buy one that you do like , we use nothing but the supreame brushes and love them I prefer the longer bristles get into the corners better than anything else , the splay is very good and useful, but I know we are all different and like different things from a brush .

dazmond

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2021, 06:41:10 pm »
I like using my supreme brush for certain jobs....I don't understand winpros need to start cutting bristles down... ::)roll

Whatever brush I use the windows still get cleaned and I get paid...that's all that matters to me....
price higher/work harder!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2021, 07:01:19 pm »

If you don’t like a brush that’s fine but why go to all this it modify it ??? Just buy one that you do like , we use nothing but the supreame brushes and love them I prefer the longer bristles get into the corners better than anything else , the splay is very good and useful, but I know we are all different and like different things from a brush .

There isn't one I completely like, that's why!😁

There's a lot of brushes that do certain things well but there's no one brush that does lots of things well... the closest being the Ultimate- which is probably the most balanced brush in the Gardiner range. My point is that both the Xtremes and Supremes could be better, and by some margin! Cut the bristles down and see. I've now used BOTH so can speak from experience. Try it, you might just end up realising how bad it was to begin with, but unless you do, you'll never know.👍
I'll end up back on the Ultimate unless I find a none Gardiner that hits the spot.  I've got one of the original Xtremes that blows the pants off the current ones. Progress?
The idea was to make a £50 brush usable, I have achieved that. In standard form it's a yard broom at best. A very expensive one.👍
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2021, 07:43:00 pm »
Now going and use that with hot water and tell us what it’s like it’ll fold flatter than a fish 🐟

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2021, 08:11:50 pm »
Now going and use that with hot water and tell us what it’s like it’ll fold flatter than a fish 🐟

I don't use hot water, just like the majority of UK window cleaners.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2021, 08:22:55 pm »
Ah right I see bit like working for NPower at the moment then reeling in all that wire.

Splash & dash

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2021, 09:52:54 pm »

There isn't one I completely like, that's why!😁

There's a lot of brushes that do certain things well but there's no one brush that does lots of things well... the closest being the Ultimate- which is probably the most balanced brush in the Gardiner range. My point is that both the Xtremes and Supremes could be better, and by some margin! Cut the bristles down and see. I've now used BOTH so can speak from experience. Try it, you might just end up realising how bad it was to begin with, but unless you do, you'll never know.👍
I'll end up back on the Ultimate unless I find a none Gardiner that hits the spot.  I've got one of the original Xtremes that blows the pants off the current ones. Progress?
The idea was to make a £50 brush usable, I have achieved that. In standard form it's a yard broom at best. A very expensive one.👍

We use hot water so that dramatically reduces the brush range due to heat damage , we find the supreame stiff are the brush we use 99% of the time , the longer bristles splay nicely on the glass getting into all the corners easily , they are excellent at getting under gutters , and nice and lite . I did try the ultimate but found the bristles to short and the stock hit any raised parts on the framework and as the bristles were so short they wouldn’t reach down the side of raised openers so that area could not be cleaned ,I feel that the supreame covers all bases and we have tried most brushes on the market , weight has discounted so many , the extream brushes I find last around 2 weeks and the rectangular stock hits frame work and walls . I think brushes are a very personal thing one man’s meat another man’s poison

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2021, 05:14:48 pm »
Put a Ultimate brush on yesterday and removed it after only 10 minutes, didn’t expect that. Much prefer this Xtreme-Supreme now! It's like an Xtreme on steroids!💪
Comfortably Numb!

Lee GLS

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2021, 09:36:55 am »

How much have you trimmed off? I’ve got an old one I might try modifying, I agree the bristles standard are slightly too long.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2021, 10:58:16 am »
I love the longer bristles on the Supreme. It's my new favourite brush. Only just switched my 25 slx pole to one. We were still using superlites. Everybody's different I guess. ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2021, 02:05:36 pm »
I love the longer bristles on the Supreme. It's my new favourite brush. Only just switched my 25 slx pole to one. We were still using superlites. Everybody's different I guess. ;D

If you were using superlites before then you aren't going to notice much difference in wet weight I suspect. However, when you come backwards from Ultimate and Xtreme brushes then the standard supreme is equivalent to a yard broom!😁
The problem is, you haven't tried a shorter bristle, modified supreme. If you had, you might just now be agreeing with everything I've posted. I thought our car was fine before I had it remapped, only then did I realise just how poor it actually  was in standard form!
Comfortably Numb!