This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Targeting existing customers for other services
« on: October 21, 2021, 08:32:22 pm »
We run a franchised local window cleaning company. There are 3 franchisees with about 900 customers and the parent franchisor with about 700 customers. None of the franchisees are interested in doing anything other than window cleaning. I'm looking to offer additional services such as roof cleaning, soffit/fascia/gutter cleaning, power washing, render etc. Does anybody have experience of selling to an existing customer base? How did you do it, did you offer a discount, what was the result, did you break the numbers down into more manageable chunks (1600 in one go could flood us with work). Unfortunately I mainly have mobile numbers and not email addresses. Cheers all.

adman

Re: Targeting existing customers for other services
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 09:04:50 pm »
I wouldn't offer a discount, I'd start off by printing a newsletter with some xxxx about some of your team, some testimonials and the great news that you're offering your new services.  If people are happy with your window cleaning, they will be glad to know of a quality firm who  can help with the other stuff.  Get your franchisees to hand out/ post out a certain  number when cleaning the windows so it's manageable and low cost.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 02:22:53 pm »
You can set up regular marketing texts or emails using software.

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 08:50:52 pm »
You can set up regular marketing texts or emails using software.

That's the plan, my wife is taking early retirement in January and coming to manage the admin. Her first job is to contact each customer to introduce herself and get their permission for marketing texts. Then I'm going to break the 1600 into manageable blocks and text 2/3 times a year for the relevant services we offer. With gutters, roofs, soffit/fascias and pressure washing hopefully we'll get a decent chunk of work.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 10:18:16 pm »
We do this I target customers that could do with softwashing , gutter vaccing, drive way cleaning, UPVC Cleaning , I speak to them personally and depending on take up will only talk to a few if they want to go ahead do those jobs then do exactly the same with a few more customers, we find this works well , we also get a lot of this type of work from our web site that is only one off jobs , we never offer a discount don’t need to . Give it a go and see how you get on .

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 11:10:19 pm »
We do this I target customers that could do with softwashing , gutter vaccing, drive way cleaning, UPVC Cleaning , I speak to them personally and depending on take up will only talk to a few if they want to go ahead do those jobs then do exactly the same with a few more customers, we find this works well , we also get a lot of this type of work from our web site that is only one off jobs , we never offer a discount don’t need to . Give it a go and see how you get on .
It's too big now for me to know who needs what doing, some customers I've never seen. Will have to be a blanket text. Will start with 200 at a time to gauge the response.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 09:43:42 pm »
It's too big now for me to know who needs what doing, some customers I've never seen. Will have to be a blanket text. Will start with 200 at a time to gauge the response.

We have 4,500 customers and I don’t find it a problem identifying what needs doing on each property just get the member of staff to note down what needs doing and get them to speak to the customer if interested either they or you give them a price  it’s dead easy , we do this with a lot of our commercial jobs as we are already an approved contractor for them BACS is already set up and they know and trust us , it works well for us and the customers.