van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

spudd

Second van… when is the time right
« on: November 01, 2021, 07:35:30 pm »
Evening chaps,

The question is mainly for the multi van guys.

Currently pushing the limit on 1 van with 2 guys and really wanna get the second but hesitant due to obvious overheads/cost.. funds isnt the issue to get the 2nd van up and running but mainly keeping the second van consistent with work and profitable.

Yeah i can canvass/leaflet drop that not what im asking

The question is no one can easily got from 1 van to 2 with out any doubt so at what point do you take the initial jump as im proper on the fence.

Splash & dash

Re: Second van… when is the time right
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 08:01:36 pm »
Evening chaps,

Currently pushing the limit on 1 van with 2 guys and really wanna get the second but hesitant due to obvious overheads/cost.. funds isnt the issue to get the 2nd van up and running but mainly keeping the second van consistent with work and profitable.

The question is no one can easily got from 1 van to 2 with out any doubt so at what point do you take the initial jump as im proper on the fence.

If you are getting regular new work coming in and getting it then hopefully in a short space of time you should be able to cover the short fall in work quite quickly , I have three vans and just about to add a fourth , it’s more efficient to run one van one guy but we have two per van and still make it pay well without any issues , once you have made the jump you won’t look back .

spudd

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 08:14:33 pm »
Evening chaps,

If you are getting regular new work coming in and getting it then hopefully in a short space of time you should be able to cover the short fall in work quite quickly , I have three vans and just about to add a fourth , it’s more efficient to run one van one guy but we have two per van and still make it pay well without any issues , once you have made the jump you won’t look back .

Great reply mate, its good to hear other peoples experience in multi vans and how they handle it

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 08:32:46 pm »
If you normally only offer window cleaning whilst you are a bit short on work try offering UPVC cleaning this can give you a glut of  work especially spring/summertime to fill in the odd days you don’t have enough .

spudd

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »
Yes we offer it all mate.

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 09:10:02 pm »
U only have the extra cost of second van, and once u split up work will be done quicker which will allow u time to spend time looking for extra work……
Get the second van on the road ASAP, for in the morning if possible 👍

spudd

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 09:35:01 pm »
U only have the extra cost of second van, and once u split up work will be done quicker which will allow u time to spend time looking for extra work……
Get the second van on the road ASAP, for in the morning if possible 👍

Better get cracking them😬

Ascjim

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 01:42:01 pm »
You are going to have to take a hit before it gets better, there's no way around it.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 02:17:37 pm »
When’s the best time I would say it all depends on what you earn on you’re own over the course of a month,you may be able to afford to pay someone a wage and still earn good money when they start and then get more work if not I would try and get to that stage on your own first.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 04:24:32 pm »
When’s the best time I would say it all depends on what you earn on you’re own over the course of a month,you may be able to afford to pay someone a wage and still earn good money when they start and then get more work if not I would try and get to that stage on your own first.

Try to actually read the posts niggle - he has a man already - he is looking to split work into 2 singles

Please keep up - it’s quite simple really - READ  then UNDERSTAND

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 04:48:15 pm »
I can’t read