van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mac74

Hello Lads,
Has anyone got any actual REAL feedback on how good these CHEAPER HF4  40" R.O's are?  Like say the "Vyair", &  "The Industrial Water Equipment",  plus the "ebay" type R.O units?

BUT ONLY AFTER they have previously used say a axeon, hydranautics, LG  & spectrum ect. To give a PROPER comparison!  i.e  Pure flow rate & TDS out, vs price?

Ive just had a look on the vyair website and their cheap 4040 is made by a company called Toray, which appears to be a decent brand? and they do sound good. They work out to be about £201 inc del, (the delivery is £25!  :o )
 I have been paying around £265 inc del. from GAPS, for hydranautics hf4's which i think gives me good results? (When new, 10 tds out  from 420 in, pumped @ 80psi, makes around 200l per hour) and the axeon's i used b4 that, were fairly similar.

Im currently looking to buy  a new R.O unit, but i dont know if its worth the £65 saving if the performance on the cheaper one's don't stack up.

It would be good if someone has done the above, so we can compare them?
Cheers M

Smudger

Re: The CHEAPER, HF4 40" R.O Membranes, are they worth it?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 08:15:22 am »
I’ve used aexion- spectrum - and others

Currently using vy air at £160 (I think I had free delivery) through eBay and it’s been the best I’ve had for a good few years - my water varies from 320 to 380 and I get 006 to 007 out
Water is boosted to 90 psi and I make 2000 to 3000litres of pure a day

Best to check the membranes rejection rate - there is a guy on eBay selling membranes for as little as 120 quid but the rejection rate is only 95% not 98% this doesn’t make them bad just for me unsuitable as at 300 tds the very best I would get is 015 after the ro

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 11:07:37 am »
Just fitted (yesterday) a £150 Ebay one to replace a franchisee's Axeon that was never right and that I wasn't going to pay £150 to have tested.

Input TDS 325, out 005.

I fitted one myself in (I think) February. Input variable just over 300, output still 005.

The old Axeon was similar new and crept up to about 10 before the bacteria got to it.  Very happy with the new one, but bear in mind that the last Axeon lasted (I think) about eight years. No idea how long this one'll last, obviously.

Vin

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 01:39:58 pm »
My Axeon HF4 is on the way out after a year. Output has gone up from 008 to 017 in the last couple of weeks. I'm going to try something else. I'm a bugger for not flushing and changing pre filters though.
We look at them, they look through them.

mac74

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:28:45 pm »
Just fitted (yesterday) a £150 Ebay one to replace a franchisee's Axeon that was never right and that I wasn't going to pay £150 to have tested.

Input TDS 325, out 005.

I fitted one myself in (I think) February. Input variable just over 300, output still 005.

The old Axeon was similar new and crept up to about 10 before the bacteria got to it.  Very happy with the new one, but bear in mind that the last Axeon lasted (I think) about eight years. No idea how long this one'll last, obviously.

Vin
Hello Vin,
Do u have a link 4 the ebay one you've just bought?
Thanks m

mac74

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 03:49:58 pm »
Sure: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263437782685

Vin

Thanks 4 the the link,
Ive just had a look, thats great price for a 99.3% min rejection membrane, i think im going to give it a go at that price.
cheers m

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 04:43:56 pm »
Let us know how you get on.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »
Apologies, I should have added: Those number are with a booster pump taking it up to around 80psi. My mistake.

Vin

mac74

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 09:54:49 pm »

THE RESULTS ON THE BELOW MEMBRANE...

I fitted and tested the ebay seller:  "Industrial Water Equipment" (I.W.E) one for £149 last week, from the link on another reply on this post,  and the results are below.                                                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263437782685

First off, the water going into my set up is 420ppm,  through two 20" pre filters, into R.O, i also boost water pressure to 80psi which is the R.O's  sweet spot.
My previous membrane i was changing was a Hydranautics  ESPA4-LD-4040, (around £265inc from other place) and when it was NEW it came out at 12ppm, dropping to 10ppm a few weeks later. Similar to the Axeon R.O's ive tried before.

This slowly crept up over the months as they do, so i decided to change it after 22 months when it got to 30ppm.

SO, i thought i would take a punt on the cheap £149 EBAY one, after hearing some good things on it, on this very topic.

When it arrived it was labeled up as a FILTERPLUS S-MRO-4040-F, so i fitted it as usual with same above water in fiqures, and the results was 65ppm! WTF?  i then flushed it for 2 hrs and it dropped to 60ppm.
This NEW membrane was totally useless to me being 30ppm higher than the OLD one i was actually changing!  :o

I drained it, packed it back up, and returned it for refund, which i have now received, thank f**k, but fair play to the ebay seller for doing this.
Maybe it was faulty? or i was sent a different membrane to that of what other guy on here mentioned,  i don't know?
BUT they were the results i got from it.

I haven't tried the vyair one someone else mentioned on here, but for me, im just going to stick to what i know in future.

So anyway, i put in a new Hydranautics ESPA4-LD-4040.
Flushed it for 20mins then adjusted the out to 80psi, and straight away 12ppm!

A lesson learned for me i guess, buy cheap buy twice.

Hope this info helps others out

Mac.

Smudger

Re: The CHEAPER, HF4 40" R.O Membranes, are they worth it? ----------- RESULTS
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 10:25:52 am »
I can’t be certain but that’s where I got a cheap one with results not quite as bad as that - like you there was no issue in refund so I would say the quality varies from membrane to membrane

I use vyair- it’s excellent

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 10:43:50 am »
Saved me spunking £150 notes 👍

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 08:08:10 pm »

I fitted and tested the ebay seller:  "Industrial Water Equipment" (I.W.E) one for £149 last week, from the link on another reply on this post,  and the results are below.                                                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263437782685

First off, the water going into my set up is 420ppm,  through two 20" pre filters, into R.O, i also boost water pressure to 80psi which is the R.O's  sweet spot.
My previous membrane i was changing was a Hydranautics  ESPA4-LD-4040, (around £265inc from other place) and when it was NEW it came out at 12ppm, dropping to 10ppm a few weeks later. Similar to the Axeon R.O's ive tried before.

This slowly crept up over the months as they do, so i decided to change it after 22 months when it got to 30ppm.

SO, i thought i would take a punt on the cheap £149 EBAY one, after hearing some good things on it, on this very topic.

When it arrived it was labeled up as a FILTERPLUS S-MRO-4040-F, so i fitted it as usual with same above water in fiqures, and the results was 65ppm! WTF?  i then flushed it for 2 hrs and it dropped to 60ppm.
This NEW membrane was totally useless to me being 30ppm higher than the OLD one i was actually changing!  :o

I drained it, packed it back up, and returned it for refund, which i have now received, thank f**k, but fair play to the ebay seller for doing this.
Maybe it was faulty? or i was sent a different membrane to that of what other guy on here mentioned,  i don't know?

I haven't tried the vyair one someone else mentioned on here, but for me, im just going to stick to what i know in future.

Mac.
I fitted one of these membranes a few days ago im getting 8tds, been using these for a few years now and have had no problem they last 2 have lasted 18 months and 26 months..
I bought a Axeon once it was shot in 4 months.

Mike Burd

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:19 pm »

Mac.
I fitted one of these membranes a few days ago im getting 8tds, been using these for a few years now and have had no problem they last 2 have lasted 18 months and 26 months..
I bought a Axeon once it was shot in 4 months.
I bought a Hydrnautics one from GAPS for £250 that was faulty and they wanted £150 to test it before they’d refund. Tested in two housings with the same result. If you got a no quibble return I can’t see the problem.

mac74

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 10:46:54 pm »
Who said it was a problem?
Just trying to help others with my experience of buying a membrane that didn't work that well.
That's what the forum is for isn't it?
Like i said it could of been faulty, and a one off?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 12:57:08 pm »
Interesting that your results were so far off mine.

The good news is that the supplier just refunded.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 02:21:36 pm »
Just checked with our franchisee who uses one of these - in 280, out 5.

Sounds like you had a duff one.

And bear in mind that I bought this after receiving an equally duff Axeon one for which they wanted me to pay £150 for them to test before they'd accept a return.  I'll be sticking with the supplier who replaces and refunds faulty membranes without hassle.

Vin

mac74

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 04:00:11 pm »
Just checked with our franchisee who uses one of these - in 280, out 5.

Sounds like you had a duff one.

And bear in mind that I bought this after receiving an equally duff Axeon one for which they wanted me to pay £150 for them to test before they'd accept a return.  I'll be sticking with the supplier who replaces and refunds faulty membranes without hassle.

Vin
Yes i remember you saying about the £150 test thing,  that sucks! from gaps wasn't it? thats where i usually buy from.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 10:50:09 pm »
Yes i remember you saying about the £150 test thing,  that sucks! from gaps wasn't it? thats where i usually buy from.

It's their suppliers charging. I couldn't be bothered to argue, just bought the replacement for the same cash.

Vin

Mike Burd

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 01:32:36 pm »

It's their suppliers charging. I couldn't be bothered to argue, just bought the replacement for the same cash.

Vin
It must be the wholesaler rather than the manufacturer as I’ve heard they charge for Axeon and mine was a different brand. Before telling me about the charge she advised it was my housing so I replaced that. When the results with the new housing were identical I was made aware of the £150 charge. I just binned it, went elsewhere and would never use them again.