van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuartb

Best chemicals for cleaning fascias?
« on: September 06, 2021, 07:53:06 pm »
Wondered what you all thought was the best chemical for cleaning fascias? I’ve been using TFR lately and wondered if there was anything better? I did a fascia job today and it was a real arm breaker, just trying to make it as easy as possible.
Stu

simon w

Re: Best chemicals for cleaning fascias?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 08:26:57 pm »
Weak hypo mix

stuartb

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 09:36:31 pm »
What strength do you mix it at? Can it damage the plastics if it’s too strong?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 09:45:37 pm »
no you cant damage plastic - however they may go orange until the hypo is dry  ;D

1 part hypo 4 parts water should be more than enough - plus lots of spare tops and trousers

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

stuartb

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 10:26:27 pm »
Thanks Darren. Does it work better than TFR? What do you use to apply it. I’ll start looking for old clothing 🤣

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 11:17:33 pm »
Yes it does but we only use it when roof cleaning as the guys are in full waterproofs.

If you start using it on just s/f/g cleans you'll get it all over your cloths - possibly in your eyes you smell of chorine all day long.

Tfr is almost as fast but without the hassle/hazard

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 07:48:19 am »
Screwfix, No nonsense de-greaser, Cheap, cheerful and efficiant, Using Hypo from the floor is pure stupidity, It will cost you more in new clothes than the job brings in.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

lal

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:21:03 am »

I agree with Philip,  I use Screwfix No Nonsense Degreaser for G/F/S, and find it very good, does the job.

stuartb

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 11:16:17 am »
Cheers everyone. On my way to buy some of that stuff from Screwfix to give it a go

james peters

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 11:38:46 am »

I agree with Philip,  I use Screwfix No Nonsense Degreaser for G/F/S, and find it very good, does the job.

I am going to try this on friday.  can you add a bit of fairy to the mix to help it cling to the plastic?

NBwcs

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »
I've always used virosol and got on well with it so not felt the need to change so no idea how it compares to TFR. There was a thread on here a couple of years ago  extolling the virtues of bio washing powder/liquid and claiming it was much better than virosol. One of these days I'll try it on my own house and see.
I must say how refreshing it is to read a thread like this that hasn't been hijacked by a certain self obsessed individual who would usually by now have posted about 5 times telling us we neec to spend thousands on a hot water system.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 03:34:06 pm »
I've always used virosol and got on well with it so not felt the need to change so no idea how it compares to TFR. There was a thread on here a couple of years ago  extolling the virtues of bio washing powder/liquid and claiming it was much better than virosol. One of these days I'll try it on my own house and see.
I must say how refreshing it is to read a thread like this that hasn't been hijacked by a certain self obsessed individual who would usually by now have posted about 5 times telling us we neec to spend thousands on a hot water system.

Has that individual been banned? Not seen him for a while! Thought it was unusually quiet around here lately. 🙂
Comfortably Numb!

NBwcs

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 03:43:31 pm »

Has that individual been banned? Not seen him for a while! Thought it was unusually quiet around here lately. 🙂
Been banned for about 3 weeks now.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 03:47:40 pm »

Been banned for about 3 weeks now.

Oh how lovely 😁 I must have missed that!
Oh well, it might just save us from another winter of the inevitable relentless drivel!!👍
Comfortably Numb!

james peters

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 05:25:18 pm »

bio washing powder does eat through the dirt . however you cant really put it through a back pack as it is all bitty.
so it needs to be put in a bucket, which is ok if your doing a bungalow, but not ideal on higher gutters

lal

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 06:16:02 pm »

I am going to try this on friday.  can you add a bit of fairy to the mix to help it cling to the plastic?

Hi James, yes you can add a bit of Fairy to help it cling to the plastic, not to much though, you might get lost in the
Bubbles   :)

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 06:44:39 pm »

Same here if I can be arsed to spray it on. Usually pure and a sill brush is all that's needed. Tiger stripes are a different ball game though. Magic sponge and a pvc cleaner helps but not always. Sometimes the marks won't come off.
We look at them, they look through them.

Phil J

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 06:55:27 pm »
I'm with Bungle on the tiger stripes, PITA just tell the customer you can't guarantee getting rid of them. Pink stuff and plenty of elbow grease does help though

james peters

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 08:44:41 pm »

Hi James, yes you can add a bit of Fairy to help it cling to the plastic, not to much though, you might get lost in the
Bubbles   :)
cheers lal

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 10:43:50 pm »
tiger stripes cost extra

Darran

robbo333

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 07:24:28 pm »
Virosol good. (use it neat) but pre-wet first.
Screwfix No Nonsense Degreaser good.
Hypo is the best. Don't get it on your skin or your clothes...or anything other than what you are cleaning.
Tiger stripes, magic eraser pad with some 'Pink Stuff' (tub) on. You won't get rid of them but you can reduce them visually.
If you have a Gardiners Quik Loq adapter, you can use 2 elastic bands to hold the magic eraser in place. Cut the magic eraser 1 inch bigger all round than the small surface of the the QL adapter.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

the king

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2021, 08:00:06 am »
I use razer wash from wcw i think its the best I've used so far here is a list of products ive tryed
Ubik2000
Virosol
Tfr20
Vision tfr
Bladeright tfr
Upvc max

NBwcs

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 11:37:23 am »
I use razer wash from wcw i think its the best I've used so far here is a list of products ive tryed
Ubik2000
Virosol
Tfr20
Vision tfr
Bladeright tfr
Upvc max

What dilution rate are using for that please?  Havent personally ever heard of razor wash.

the king

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 02:40:36 pm »
I just glug a bit in to be fair its really good stuff im a brush dunker and scrub rince off with wfp it does not seem to burn out like tfr20 even when the bucket is filfy it still cleans very well

JandS

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 04:27:43 pm »
UBIK 2000 all day long.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.