This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James pryer

Difficult patio clean
« on: August 03, 2021, 02:45:45 pm »
Hi All,

I have a customer that wants her patio cleaned but doesn’t want me to use SH bleach.  The customer also doesn’t want me to pressure wash as the pointing is very Sandy and will fall apart and doesn’t want to have to pay to get it re-pointed. What’s the answer to this?
Perhaps a very gentle far away jetwash to clear and surface debris then a spray with Algo clear?
Thanks

Mike Halliday

Re: Difficult patio clean
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 05:38:12 pm »
How does she know what Hypo is?

I would use fairiypo  which is completely different from hypo as it has fairy liquid in it :D

You could rotary scrub it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

the king

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 08:55:26 pm »
I always say i eather clean it properly or not at all . I would tell them to sweep it and chuck some patio magic on it it sounds like a job best to walk away from

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 11:35:23 pm »
Danger ! Danger!

Avoid this type of customer - you will either move some loose mortar and get nothing but grief or it will not be clean enough and then you will be blamed for doing a bad job. - walk away for your own sanity

If the joints are compromised then they need doing - not trying to leave it as they only get worse
Unless the customer has special circumstances like lots of pets or fish pond Hypo is a standard part of the job - otherwise its likely to go green again try quickly ( and thats your fault )

if you go ahead dot the i's and cross the t's regards the clean and the pointing etc...and get them to sign a waiver

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Power Clean Patios and Driveways

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 10:47:37 am »
I agree, walk away because no matter what you do this customer sounds like they will never be satisfied