Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darran Pryce

Pricing up a lot of offices with glue on the carpet tiles. With the restrictions of COVID a lot of offices have had stickers down and tape on the floor, leaving behind the glue from the tape etc!

What have you used that's been good to remove the glue! Got recommended Citrus Premium for one.  Anyone had success with any thing else to remove the glue left behind on carpet tiles from the stickers/tape?

Cheers
Darran

john martin

Re: Glue Left on the Carpet after removing all the Covid stickers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 01:11:32 pm »
The citrus stuff will probably get there but low odour white spirit in a spray bottle will do it better/quicker . Like spray the line , rub quick with a brush or towel,  then extract straight away to avoid spirit soaking in . Theres probably a few branded solvent products that will work also but you'd go through then quick in a big place .

Darran Pryce

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 06:46:03 pm »
Ideally I wanted to stay away for solvents.  Two of the jobs have bitchumen  backing.  I'll try the Citrus Premium.

Cheers
Darran

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 07:02:11 pm »
Not quite the same ,but I did an Axminster last year which had sticky residue from builders protective roll down for a month or two. The areas were heavily soiled where the glue residue had attracted the soiling.

I used citrus prespray (either the RestorMate or alltec one) at the stronger dilution and agitated with a rotary , seems to have done the trick as I asked them to call me back if any areas resoiled quickly, I'm going back for more cleaning in a few weeks so I can take a look at that area for myself but they said it was great

Darran Pryce

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 06:46:32 am »
Thats what I was thinking to do. More with the drill brush though. Then lightly extract the area,  then bonnet over all the carpet. I'll do a test patch see what happens.

Cheers guys
Darran

Graeme@Access

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 11:30:11 am »
Hi,

Having similar issues up here in Glasgow.

Zebra pad on a buffer with a powerbust/citra boost lifts it mostly.

Ive tried lots of solvents - olefins, chlorinated and alcohols but its not an easy one to lift in one hit.  Trouble is that you take the dirt off the surface and it looks to be away, but isnt.

Does Doug Holloway still frequent, i would love to pick his brain on this.

Graeme

Darran Pryce

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 07:59:27 am »
We managed to get it off and without the use of solvents.  Came off a treat and all the carpets looked great after. This was over a month ago. Popped in last week to have a look and they still look great with nothing coming back up.

What we used and my process https://youtu.be/O2US9Z3pUIY

Graeme@Access

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 11:54:54 am »
Hi Darran,

i wanted to thank you for sharing a nice demonstration of tidy and effective work. That looks very similar to the method we have been using, albeit we have been boosting the prespray with a terpene. I do think hot watering the area mitigates more of the risk of it returning (removal and denaturing the gum). Then again im fond of removing dirt rather than spreading it out equally, but i guess thats open for debate  ;)

Cheers

Graeme

JandS

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 11:36:17 am »
Hi Darran

Did a school in Rothwell last month same tiles same problem...they even said "we know you won't get those out just do your best"....used Dynamall and the brush rather than the pads as we found the brush much quicker at removal of the marks.....totally removed all the marks......went back the next day to HWE some rugs for them and none of the marks had  reappeared.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.