van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

surfactant use
« on: April 24, 2021, 08:18:45 pm »
are you using a surfactant or not     roofs and render

iam going to order some   SH        should i save my money should i save my money  and skip buying the surfactant and sent masker

Smudger

Re: surfactant use
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:24:23 am »
Use a Surfactant it really helps with roofs and vertical surfaces - I get mine off eBay and add 1 mug to a 20 litre drum

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mjm

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 08:03:30 am »
Use a Surfactant it really helps with roofs and vertical surfaces - I get mine off eBay and add 1 mug to a 20 litre drum

Darran

alright  thanks  i will keep it as it is then

the king

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 07:18:59 am »
I use clever wash very good stuff wouldn't be with out surfactant even on flore

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:27:42 pm »
Do you not just use good old fairy liquid?

mjm

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 02:51:39 pm »

no
why  is fairy better     

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 11:45:15 pm »

no
why  is fairy better     

Don’t use washing up liquid in hypo products it’s dangerous , it’s not compatible it will go like a thick gell in the bottom of the tank and finally it’s illegal although many on hear will disagree with what I have said I have posted the relevant information on hear numerous times all the information is on the HSE website about what can and cannot be added to hypo . This is the simplified version put in plain English if you want the technical terminology it’s on the HSE web site

the king

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 06:47:08 am »
fairy is not a good idea in my view clever wash is designed to mix with hypo i was under the impression mixing fairy with hypo can cause musterd gas

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 12:30:52 pm »
fairy is not a good idea in my view clever wash is designed to mix with hypo i was under the impression mixing fairy with hypo can cause musterd gas

Your getting confused with ammonia and acids

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mjm

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 02:11:58 pm »
Thanks for clarifying I will carry on using the surfactant.   ??? Not fairy

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 02:42:13 pm »

Wise choice 😂😂 on a serous note  you only need 300 ml of surfactant per 20 ltr neat drum of hypo so at between £20-45 per 5 ltr of surfactant ( depending what you use )  it’s cheap as chips anyway .

mjm

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 03:01:48 pm »

Wise choice 😂😂 on a serous note  you only need 300 ml of surfactant per 20 ltr neat drum of hypo so at between £20-45 per 5 ltr of surfactant ( depending what you use )  it’s cheap as chips anyway .

Nice one 👍.   

tom20001

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 10:23:47 am »
Thanks Lads I'll look up the surfactant. Whats the one you buy called Darran? Ive been using the fairy since day one I thought it was ok but there you go. Cheers

zesty

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 12:27:53 pm »

How does that work when adding water though? Let’s say you’ve got a 100 litre barrel and have 20-30l of hypo and the test water, surely you’d need way more surfactant than 4-500ml...

As you know I’ve always Used fairy, and only need a small amount in my barrel to make it ‘stick’

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 03:22:41 pm »

How does that work when adding water though? Let’s say you’ve got a 100 litre barrel and have 20-30l of hypo and the test water, surely you’d need way more surfactant than 4-500ml...

As you know I’ve always Used fairy, and only need a small amount in my barrel to make it ‘stick’

It’s 300 ml of surfactant to a neat drum of hypo ,then you dilute the hypo down to 4-1 or what ever

zesty

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »

It’s 300 ml of surfactant to a neat drum of hypo ,then you dilute the hypo down to 4-1 or what ever

I actually put less than that in my mixes with fairy. I’ll try clever wash and see what the difference there is.

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 05:41:31 pm »

I actually put less than that in my mixes with fairy. I’ll try clever wash and see what the difference there is.

Cleverwash is good stuff but is around £45 for  5 ltr  the Lauryl one is £18 for 5 ltr  I don’t find any difference between them to be honest

zesty

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 07:26:27 pm »
£45 seems silly expensive.

I’ve heard a few people use lauryl, might give that a go!

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 08:36:14 pm »
£45 seems silly expensive.

I’ve heard a few people use lauryl, might give that a go!

It sounds expensive at£45 but that will treat around 13 drums of neat hypo so it’s cheap as chips really , obviously the Lauryl  one is cheaper again

Smudger