This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: How much to do this one 🤔
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2021, 10:54:37 pm »
Jim said 30 to 40 for 45 mins - it depends where your next job is to that one

Darran

Exactly  so with a few muinits to drive to the job and a few to the next job  it’s going to be an hour , £30-40  per hour isn’t to be sniffed at but you will need a 35-45 foot pole for the velux windows  costing at least 1k all of a sudden it’s a very underpriced job , you could easily be doing compact estate work moving a few hundred yards per day earning £70-90 per hour much easier and more profitable work by far .

jim bean

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2021, 11:21:13 pm »
Yeah and 5 mins max to next job? I have one day a month where I travel a max of 10mins between jobs most jobs are probably a minute travel between each other surely? And by look of that photo can’t say without standing infront of it for sure but I could reach those velux off the top of medium size stepladder with a 25ft pole one handed maybe but manageable

Smudger

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2021, 10:15:50 am »
Yes I would agree with you there - I have some the same and just using stepladder on the 2nd or 3rd step makes for an easy reach

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2021, 05:47:14 pm »
Yeah and 5 mins max to next job? I have one day a month where I travel a max of 10mins between jobs most jobs are probably a minute travel between each other surely? And by look of that photo can’t say without standing infront of it for sure but I could reach those velux off the top of medium size stepladder with a 25ft pole one handed maybe but manageable

I have a couple of bungalows that I have to use a 35 foot pole at full extension to reach velux Windows on I very much doubt you would reach that with a 25 foot .

vistech

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2021, 07:06:11 pm »
At 45 you’ll be putting all the good established WCs out of business m8,that ain’t no 45 quid job in my book,I might get it and then find out he was charging that and that’s why he’s not been back when he wakes up and thinks I went in too low.
Again I ask you what are you ending up with in you’re pocket after cleaning that for 45 notes,water production poles the list is endless what does it earn you after all that 20-25 notes ? Bit of a light bulb moment isn’t it m8 🤣🤣🤣

vistech

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2021, 07:09:47 pm »
At 45 you’ll be putting all the good established WCs out of business m8,that ain’t no 45 quid job in my book,I might get it and then find out he was charging that and that’s why he’s not been back when he wakes up and thinks I went in too low.
Again I ask you what are you ending up with in you’re pocket after cleaning that for 45 notes,water production poles the list is endless what does it earn you after all that 20-25 notes ? Bit of a light bulb moment isn’t it m8 🤣🤣🤣
I would be happy with £45 an hour for that job.but regarding your post how are you possibly losing £20-£25 on an hours job

NWH

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2021, 07:33:01 pm »
I take it you don’t have any costs then so every job you get for 45 notes for that goes in you’re pocket then I take it with not one expense,what happens if you need a clutch for a grand if you don’t factor in costs you’ll pay for it not the customer.
A good rule of thumb is ask yourself how much you want in you’re pocket at the end of the week,add 50% you might end up with covering any unsuspecting bills and making a profit so if I wanted 50 notes for me out of a job I’d go in at 75.

vistech

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2021, 08:14:38 pm »
Obviously I have outgoings as does everybody but if you're working it out at losing £25 on an hour job then on a thirty hour week you would be down £750.and regarding being left with £50 in your pocket working at 50% then you would have to quote £100 not £75  otherwise you would be earning 2/3rd or if you was working on 50% you would come out with  £37.50

NWH

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »
The example I was using was look at the job and think I want to earn 50 for doing this job if you automatically take into account well I’m not going to end up with that 50 so you have to factor in costs ie Tax expenses  etc,I put £110 in my van for fuel on a Monday before I’ve put the kettle on you have to include it all in you’re prices.
If week after week all what you earn is gone and the clutch goes who’s paying for it,not the customers you have you have to earn over and above what it costs you to live or you may as well work for someone else.

james peters

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2021, 08:48:31 pm »
The example I was using was look at the job and think I want to earn 50 for doing this job if you automatically take into account well I’m not going to end up with that 50 so you have to factor in costs ie Tax expenses  etc,I put £110 in my van for fuel on a Monday before I’ve put the kettle on you have to include it all in you’re prices.
If week after week all what you earn is gone and the clutch goes who’s paying for it,not the customers you have you have to earn over and above what it costs you to live or you may as well work for someone else.

£110 for fuel but only driving a  couple of mins between jobs?
that doesnt add up
I only use £30 a week on fuel.
£40 max.
tax and expenses are no where near 50%

NWH

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2021, 09:19:53 pm »
No it doesn’t add up it was an example you need to add whatever percentage you feel you need,I do a fair few miles to work and between jobs.

Don Kee

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2021, 10:07:24 pm »
No it doesn’t add up it was an example you need to add whatever percentage you feel you need

So your example was completely pointless then?
I’m not surprised, your numbers rarely “add up”.

NWH

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2021, 10:37:15 pm »
So if you clean 5 quid houses ask for 7 yeah 👍

jim bean

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2021, 10:38:18 pm »
I still stand by that price. My expenses are absolute max £3k a year that’s fuel filters new hose workwear tyres mot etc. Could prob throw a new pole into that as it’s probably nearer 2. How can you factor that your clutch may go and cost you a grand into a job? If your doing £50 an hour for example that’s 2 grand a week straight away at a normal working week

NWH

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2021, 11:08:34 pm »
It doesn’t always work out like that though does it my point is you have to factor in expenses if earn just enough to pay bills you’re paying for the clutch not the business.

Smudger

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2021, 12:26:25 pm »
yeah those 12 year old V dub transporters are expensive to run  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2021, 03:21:08 pm »
 13 years old my van is not 12.