van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jmj

Airflex Miniflex HX
« on: March 20, 2021, 09:54:17 am »
I've been using the HX for over 4 weeks now and can honestly say its the best machine I've used to date. I have the 220psi version, I'm looking to upgrade to the 400psi pump in the future if needed. However atm it is performing well as is. I changed from an Enforcer 400, which is also a great machine. I've always had top spec machines but wanted a smaller footprint and the miniflex ticks that box. I would recommend it to anyone especially members who predominately work in the domestic market.

edward coller

Re: Airflex Miniflex HX
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 03:46:56 pm »
good review, what type of vacs do you have and whai sort of weight is it, im thinking of one ,use a 2 year old smaller  from them, mostly for upholstery. Cheers Simon

jmj

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 10:10:34 am »
The HX is 2x 6.6 vacs and weighs around 30kgs. No other machine has that power to size ratio. I was unsure whether the size of the waste tank and the vacuum power would cause a build up of foam from turbulence. However the large baffle prevents this from happening. Its easy enough to lift up with one hand on the back and a handle underneath the machine with the other. Large wheels for taking up a flight of stairs.

I seem to remember John Martin asking Matt on here would he be able to build a miniflex with 2 6.6 vacs, he was unsure due to the size of the tank, looks as though he managed it !

mjm

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 03:33:03 pm »
The HX is 2x 6.6 vacs and weighs around 30kgs. No other machine has that power to size ratio. I was unsure whether the size of the waste tank and the vacuum power would cause a build up of foam from turbulence. However the large baffle prevents this from happening. Its easy enough to lift up with one hand on the back and a handle underneath the machine with the other. Large wheels for taking up a flight of stairs.

I seem to remember John Martin asking Matt on here would he be able to build a miniflex with 2 6.6 vacs, he was unsure due to the size of the tank, looks as though he managed it !
Can you ad a. Vac pod on it so you  have 3 vacs.

jmj

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 04:26:26 pm »
There is an output on the waste tank, similar to the Airflex Pro. Not sure if you should, tbf you really dont need to, I'd rather bring the machine closer to the work then add extra vac.

mjm

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 06:02:05 pm »
Alright.  Thanks

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 07:29:59 pm »
There is an output on the waste tank, similar to the Airflex Pro. Not sure if you should, tbf you really dont need to, I'd rather bring the machine closer to the work then add extra vac.

are you sure there is an auxiliary vac port on your tank ,    i didnt get one on my version though .

edward coller

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 01:21:59 pm »
Thanks for getting back, appreciate it! Simon

jmj

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 04:53:39 pm »
Yes John, it does have a hook up on the back. A grey screw off fitting which i assume is where you would attach a vac port.

john martin

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 05:55:42 pm »
Yes John, it does have a hook up on the back. A grey screw off fitting which i assume is where you would attach a vac port.
That might be for attaching an auto empty hose ?

mjm

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 07:06:24 pm »

Yes it's for a an empty hose. you can't add a s booster pod onto the mini it trips circuits.  I asked them today

john martin

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 07:33:26 pm »
i wouldn't expect a vac port on the twin 6.6 version as its plenty for small machine you'd probably be bringing close to the job a lot of the time .
The single 8.4 version would benefit from one .   But then cleansmart would probably be thinking  ... anyone already with a booster wont pay as much as they might for a twin 6.6 and just get the cheaper 8.4 .
Not sure what they meant by ' a booster would trip switches ' probably a simplistic answer to end the conversation. In reality there's plenty electricity,  even if you had to find another circuit in another room .
But the twin 6.6 is adequate.

mjm

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 07:52:12 pm »

Yes it's for a an empty hose. you can't add a s booster pod onto the mini it trips circuits.  I asked them today

Sorry forget what I wrote it was a completely. Different subject to what  I phones them about. They didn't say tripping circuits.  My mistake ???

Lewis Newby

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 08:44:36 pm »
Not sure why you would need 3x 6.6 in parralell anyway , perhaps diminishing returns ? Looking at the machine it's either an ultra portable with power,or van mount with auxiliary tanks either way I would say auto fill and empty makes sense as options.

That said , I just picked up a Jag cub 1*6.6 motor for hard to get to and small jobs, and I'm keen to try it out as a booster on my airflex turbo , I've got 2x 1400w lamb and a 1500w electro in the turbo so with the 6.6" would give something silly like 420+CFM  - perhaps John would hazard a guess? Lift would be average still and I only have 50' of 2" hose ATM so can't give it a good test

john martin

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 09:00:54 pm »
i think your guesstimate is about right .

Definitely worth a try anyway , might make a good difference on certain jobs .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 09:34:39 am »
I've been looking at the HX as a new machine for me.

I can see it has a 25 litre clean tank but can't see the size of the recovery.

It'd be to replace my Airflex Turbo and trying to work out if I'd miss the bigger machine.

Any ideas on the recovery tank size?

Also will the barb take 2 inch hose?

john martin

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 09:03:20 pm »

It'd be to replace my Airflex Turbo and trying to work out if I'd miss the bigger machine.

Il try and measure the waste water accurately sometime  , id guess about 20 liters though .   I still like to have the enforcer for its tank capacity . ( and immersion )  The miniflex is making a great upstairs machine though. I suppose if you get the auto empty with remote and work with that .     Yes the barb is 2"  , also the internal stack is two or perhaps 3 inches thick .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2021, 10:22:25 pm »
Thanks John

I think I'd keep the Turbo like you did with the Enforcer.

The HX would be a cracking workhorse though for portability but with big machine airflow.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2021, 12:11:55 am »
Jason

They are a great little portable Mate.
Will WhatsApp you some pictures over if I still have them.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 07:32:53 am »
I was the first to buy one when the machine came out. Had the enforcer before.  Enforcer cracking machine just for me personally heavy.   Spotted the HX400 twin 6.6 vacs, the power is unreal for such a small machine.  I did a couple of reviews one after using it a few months then another 9 months on.

Brilliant little machine.

john martin

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2021, 11:55:27 am »

Tested there with a graduated bucket  ...    waste tank is 20 liters usable ...ie when the ball cutoff is triggered  .
Clean water is a actually 29 liters from complely  sucked out empty to full to brim.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 01:24:39 pm »
Thanks John, hopefully picking a HX up next week or the week after depending on workload.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 01:11:54 pm »
John, on the HX how do you get the grill filter off in the dirty tank?

They normally spin off but had a quick go and doesn't seem to do it and can't quite get my head in to look if it's spin, pull or leave alone!

john martin

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 01:48:46 pm »
Hello , you must have got one so  ....
I didnt know , but I did it there now ... its just a pull ... a kinda side ways pull ...its just a lip on with the rubber mounts .
Same going on , not much pressure needed one you are at the right angle pushing .

jmj

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 03:10:12 pm »
I've just got myself a 2" vac hose with a short whip 1.5" hose set up. I've only used it on 1 job so far, but it seems to have improved the airflow. No scientific test just feel from inserting my fingers and hand over the hose. LOL I'll get a chance next week to see how it performs in the real world.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2021, 04:49:08 pm »
Thank you.

Yea got one now, secondhand but was new last June. Going to sort the van for it over the weekend and have a go with it next week.

Richard Tara

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 12:56:08 am »
Hi everyone not been on here for a while ,ive just pop on and notice the Miniflex topic ive been using the LX 220 version and its been fantastic .I  bought it in Oct 2019 which replaced my Enforcer i went for the LX version over HX because i wanted a single cord machine due to the work i do now mainly static caravans .I normally only run 50ft hose and do sometimes run the machine from my van . From Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk