van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EandM

Jonny 87

Re: Window cleaner damaged my tuscan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:41:37 pm »
Hmmm not sure what I make of that.

Have you watched the video of the cleaner “scratching” the car?

I don’t think that hose has done it. Unless I’m
Missing something.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 08:42:11 pm »
Or the paintwork is as soft as butter. That’s another option.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Ched

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 08:48:17 pm »
There is a second video that shows him dragging the reel hose across the lower corner! It's fibreglass with a metallic fleck in that reflects differently depending on the angle. I'm not sure if it is particularly hard.
Sorry but to me looks like windy's fault. Either windy needs to see 3 quotes and pay out on receipt of work being done or let his insurance deal with it. Owner shouldn't need to claim on his insurance.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 08:52:06 pm »
the old classic 'it wasn't there this morning because i did not notice it'

::)roll
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 09:26:09 pm »
The only possible thing I can think that would have done that is a Rectus fitting with a valve tap, a hose can scratch paintwork but not to that extent I’ve scratched my van pulling the hose round the back doors and it polished out but they can take some polishing some of them but that wouldn’t be hose that did that lol.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 10:06:36 pm »
This is the supposed incident around the 1 minute mark. 

https://streamable.com/id7lig

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 10:10:01 pm »
Agree, I'd be surprised that the light tough of the hose would have scratched it, but if it had grit on it... then maybe

thing is Richard the hose has touched the car in the same area as the damage.....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 10:52:45 pm »
Yeah Smudger grit would have scratched it but even so I can’t see it being that bad that looks like someone’s keyed it to me.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 11:04:40 pm »
The very fine scratches are like the ones I have on the rear of my van from time to time pulling the hose off the reel without me seeing what I’m doing,from that I can’t see that he would have done that deep scratch though.
Not being funny but I would never reel out like that imo that is bad practise,I would reel out to the side and away from that car and make sure I had enough before I started pulling mind your he did look knackered 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 11:05:58 pm »
Probably the last job of the day the owner thinks to himself rather than pay best part of a grand for that 3 tone paint job I’ll get the window cleaner to pay for it more like.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 11:25:18 pm »
it is rather deep for a hose, also we only have the car owners word he told the windy to be careful...

If that scratch was there before then the customers Christmas's have all come at once - mind you looking at the windy I don't think will have 2 pennies to rub together...  and no insurance either ( thats very presumptive of me !! )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 11:29:34 pm »
He's taking close up pictures of that same panel 2 days before accusing someone of scratching it... iffy to me.
He could of easily edited the picture of the panel without the scratches so its zoomed in and you can't see the scratches. In fact it looks like he has.
Plus the angle of some of those scratches doesn't match the angle of the pull of the hose. He's deffo taking the pee.
I would of told him to do one, ugly little car anyway and he's crying like a b!tch over a couple of poxy scratches.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 11:33:54 pm »
I hate to think the state of the paintwork after a week on the road with stone chips etc, just imagine if he drove past a c
gritter he'd need a complete respray  ;D

Darran

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 07:12:55 am »
This is the supposed incident around the 1 minute mark. 

https://streamable.com/id7lig

Looks like Dazmond really needs those gyms to open up!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 07:26:06 am »
Agree, I'd be surprised that the light tough of the hose would have scratched it, but if it had grit on it... then maybe

thing is Richard the hose has touched the car in the same area as the damage.....

Darran

i was meaning the logic of 'i didn't notice it this morning so it must have been you' isn't right.

thats the evidence (and video) that the owner uses to blame the windy

whether the guy did it, or not...

the hose touching the paintwork doesnt look significant enough for me, and like others have said the angle of the scratches etc.

also you would expect car paintwork to be able to withstand that type of thing. it doesn't look like the windy has been anything other than careful in his work.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Phil J

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 07:27:49 am »
Really poor hose management on his part, the guys obviously having his pants down but no sympathy from me the way he didn't seem to take any care going past the vehicles.

Soupy

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 08:06:40 am »

>:(

Soupy

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 08:08:36 am »
Is that you EandM?