This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James pryer

Yellow lichen removal
« on: March 14, 2021, 02:59:07 pm »
hi all,

got my first job coming up monday. The roof is heavily coated in yellow lichen. What do people find the best chemical is for removing this stuff? I've got a wfp, back pack and also scrapers. Has anyone used the "wet and forget" or "TORNADO CLEANZE" for this?
thanks

Smudger

Re: Yellow lichen removal
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 04:00:24 pm »
No and NO

Hypo - quick and effective

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

James pryer

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 07:08:06 pm »
How do you stop it reacting to lead?
The roof I’m about to clean has a lot of UPVC windows and Conservatory with a blue glass roof. What’s the best way to not get any hypo on these bits? Will I be okay as long as i rinse them regularly? How long can a 5% hypo mix stay on upvc before damaging? Thanks

the king

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 08:06:54 pm »
I think its best to use a biocide like benz or algo clear pro its best to scrape as much off as possible then biocide i like to then give a second treatment after after hole roof has been treated i also prefer to brush in the biocide much easer than hypo and no worry about lead 😀

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 10:27:23 pm »
Have you tried scooping yellow lichen ? - if you have you won't want to do it again

Benz is basically hypo with an expensive label on the can

You won't hurt UPVC - doubtful you would hurt lead as with any chemical you need to be careful and work methodically if you think your going to spay half the neighbourhood then best leave the job alone

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 05:48:12 pm »
Have you tried scooping yellow lichen ? - if you have you won't want to do it again

You won't hurt UPVC - doubtful you would hurt lead as with any chemical you need to be careful and work methodically if you think your going to spay half the neighbourhood then best leave the job alone

Darran
  ;D
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

the king

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 06:08:06 pm »

Darran
its not to bad with the scraper kit Benz biocide will kill it and any left bits will fall down the roof after a wile im not a fan of hypoing roofs prefer bio personal preference realy  :)

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 07:54:47 pm »
Tornado Cleanze is hypo. Apparently with an added surfactant.

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 07:57:04 pm »
The roof is heavily coated in yellow lichen. What do people find the best chemical is for removing this stuff?

10" roof FSC.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 09:25:39 pm »