This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

J Love

Re: Radial brush
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 01:08:42 pm »
The rinse brushes are only going to work if you have a decent flow of water. You won't get enough water using microbore hose or if you connect hoses with fittings that reduce the water flow like EZ snap. 
I use 12 mm flat hose joined to 10mm pole hose fitted a 10mm pneumatic tap/valve to get a decent flow at the brush head to give plenty of rinse so it makes the difference required.
The brushes set up this way give plenty of flow at the brush head. When the brush is turned vertically the rinse ahead of the brush drops to the front of the front row of bristles owing to gravity so it's easy enough to keep the water directed where you want it to go and not above so as to avoid bringing dirt down from above.  In my opinion Reach-it overcome all the problems of the previous versions of the constructor brush thus allowing a quicker and more efficient clean using the technique they recommend.
I was cautious and bought one, the 'Radial' to give it a try,  wasn't getting enough water even with the pump cranked up high so changed the hose and fittings and then noticed the vast difference in water flow which is the key to making this brush perform how it should. Took a while to get use to the technique and now I use it all the time even on windows with vents above as I can avoid putting water near the vents.
Then I bought the 'Lite' version which is much lighter but doesn't have two rows of radial brushes and the bristles are shorter but still a good brush.
There is one fault with the brush which I told Reach-it about is the swivel is set at 15 degrees to allow the brush to remain flat on the glass for perfect agitation which is good for working up close but on the Radial lite with the shorter bristles it really needs a longer gooseneck fitted which I've had to do myself whilst keeping the 15 degree swivel it attaches to for working on windows with deeper sills.

Which radial brush would you suggest to start with windowswashed?  :)

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 02:19:11 pm »
'Radial Lite', simply because it fans two lower arcs of rinse above the bristles which is easiest to practise  avoiding above window frames. There is only one outer radial blade instead of two with the other radial brushes (radial and rocker) and two inner bristle blades for scrubbing and keeping the brush flush on the glass.
The outer radial row of bristles are shorter than the other two style of brushes but are still good for regular work.  It's the lightest brush of the three.

The sweet spot for rinsing is when the water is about 20mm above the bristles with the right gooseneck angle.

On wooden windows with silicon sealant and UPVC windows with rubber sealant, tilting the brush about 15-30 degrees keep the blade of water sheeting to the edge without breaking the surface tension so no missed spots left behind after water cascades down the glass behind the brush.

Get the flow of water right and the technique right and this brush is wicked for perfect rinsing on glass.  Yes you do use more water for cleaning the glass with these brushes but you save a lot of time so finish earlier during the day or simply clean more windows during the day. Wouldn't use the brush if it was rubbish but been using radial brushes for near on a year and they are my chosen favourite for ease of cleaning windows.

You got to change the way you clean windows with these brushes as using them how you would with a normal stock brush wouldn't reap the benefits of using these brushes for the purpose and technique they were designed for. You need a really good flow of water otherwise you won't be able to clean with it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmXQBx747_A&feature=emb_logo

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 04:20:38 pm »
great posts on an interesting brush (its a shame Perry has a bad rep) - I think the cost is too high to seriously get them, but if I was a single operator I would certainly try one.

How long do the bristles last ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 04:24:34 pm »
I’ve got no idea how he’s able to send these brushes out from inside prison surely that’s where he is now,if you purchase anything at all and you aren’t happy don’t think for a moment you’ll get a refund you’ll just get a replacement turd for turd,and that’s if you’re lucky.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 04:32:36 pm »
I’ve heard there’s a scrapyard that’s been built just for Gunslingers the worlds best squeegee holster what they fail to tell you is that unless you place it in a carrier bag you’ll get a leg wetter than you’ve ever got with any other bucket on a belt,well you’ve just got to put a sponge in it to soak up the water that rides up over the split in the holster lol which I can guarantee does not work.
6 months emailing him back and forth till in the end he didn’t respond to any of my emails after telling me that this is not actually his company,I’ve heard the same stories about other products he advertises when we trolled through the internet.
He used to be involved in a totally different industry he’s a salesman.

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2021, 05:41:09 pm »
great posts on an interesting brush (its a shame Perry has a bad rep) - I think the cost is too high to seriously get them, but if I was a single operator I would certainly try one.

How long do the bristles last ?

Darran

Cleaning some UPVC conservatories with just the right size gaps between the sections I have lost countless bristles  on most suppliers brushes and so far haven't lost any on the radial brushes yet, thank goodness.

Trialled enough brushes to know some are good, some are only fit for the dustbin and some you just love initially when purchased and even after a long term using them. My favourites, Radial range, flocked brushes, Extreme range and Tucker original.

J Love

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2021, 07:44:12 pm »
'Radial Lite', simply because it fans two lower arcs of rinse above the bristles which is easiest to practise  avoiding above window frames. There is only one outer radial blade instead of two with the other radial brushes (radial and rocker) and two inner bristle blades for scrubbing and keeping the brush flush on the glass.
The outer radial row of bristles are shorter than the other two style of brushes but are still good for regular work.  It's the lightest brush of the three.

The sweet spot for rinsing is when the water is about 20mm above the bristles with the right gooseneck angle.

On wooden windows with silicon sealant and UPVC windows with rubber sealant, tilting the brush about 15-30 degrees keep the blade of water sheeting to the edge without breaking the surface tension so no missed spots left behind after water cascades down the glass behind the brush.

Get the flow of water right and the technique right and this brush is wicked for perfect rinsing on glass.  Yes you do use more water for cleaning the glass with these brushes but you save a lot of time so finish earlier during the day or simply clean more windows during the day. Wouldn't use the brush if it was rubbish but been using radial brushes for near on a year and they are my chosen favourite for ease of cleaning windows.

You got to change the way you clean windows with these brushes as using them how you would with a normal stock brush wouldn't reap the benefits of using these brushes for the purpose and technique they were designed for. You need a really good flow of water otherwise you won't be able to clean with it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmXQBx747_A&feature=emb_logo

Thanks  :)

I think I will have to order one, never know until you try! 

Initially I loved the gardiners rinsebar but it got a bit mashed up pretty quickly.

Who knows maybe I will go full Reach-it  ;D

NWH

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2021, 07:49:52 pm »
🤣🤣 I hope you like what you get in the post cos you will be stuck with it,another good trick when you order is that it won’t be in stock for a certain time the money you pay with will be used to pay  for it to be sent from China 🇨🇳 🤣🤣 that’s the way it works.

“The art of good business my boy is being a good middle man,welcome to the Layer Cake son”

🎂 🍰