van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: Univalve 🤦‍♂️🥊🥊
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 11:30:06 pm »
I think it’s a mix of both gunks to be honest .
The spring in the gen 2 was renewed by Steve on warranty but the newer springs just are not the same quality as the originals, probably done to make the Univalve a consumable rather than a repairable , Steve stopped selling the separate parts around the time that gen 2 came out .

Lee GLS sourced some stainless springs but I don’t know how it worked out ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: Univalve 🤦‍♂️🥊🥊 New
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:36 am »
I have one of the first ones out that performs the same as the day I got it , I also have what I would call a 2nd gen one , its a pain in the arse even after a service , switch on is easy but shut off is dire !

I believe as Smudger pointed out a lot of it has to do with pressure , but my 2 act so different even though pressure doesn’t alter !

I think I will just go back to hose pinching when these 2 give up , the only water lost will be when the pole is going up which 90% of the time is 2 sections , no biggie!
  all add in the fact that there not made as good , so they have upped the price lowered the quality
Mod note: these comments are not fact checked so have been removed for libellous reasons.

windowswashed

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 04:08:55 am »
They were a good idea in principal, but in reality they were more hassle than they were worth. Went over to using silicon hose with pneumatic push fit tap, so much simpler and less hassle.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 06:49:00 am »
Univalves were as big a game changer as wfp itself imo. I’m not going back to scrabbling around for a tap & certainly not gonna be pinching the hose.

the king

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 07:20:00 am »
I think there better than the old aquadapters as springs used to snap and catch you out the grommets used to leak after short time the univalve is defo a big improvement its not perfect but i wouldn't be with out mine not shore on quality of new ones i bought 3 quite some time ago still using my first one as its still going strong

richard connett

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 07:46:01 am »
I’ve got a univalve on all of my poles , they last me around 1-2 years . If they lasted 6 months I’d still buy them . Everything else is a pita

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 08:21:22 am »
They were a good idea in principal, but in reality they were more hassle than they were worth. Went over to using silicon hose with pneumatic push fit tap, so much simpler and less hassle.

I think you need a check up from the neck up mate!👍😁

Theres no way a tap is more convenient than a univalve!

Some window cleaners are strange......🤪
price higher/work harder!

Mike Burd

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 08:38:58 am »

But your hand when the tap is strapped to the pole is literally on the tap?

High-Tower

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 08:46:00 am »

But then you have to deal with ‘the loop’ and that’s the biggest pain!

Univalve and tubeless setup make a big difference to my efficiency. It’s a shame the univalves have decreased in quality and become a consumable, more plastic that ends up in the bin! I’d rather pay a bit more upfront and be able to service them with o-rings and stainless springs.

Mike Burd

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 08:49:04 am »

But then you have to deal with ‘the loop’ and that’s the biggest pain!

Univalve and tubeless setup make a big difference to my efficiency. It’s a shame the univalves have decreased in quality and become a consumable, more plastic that ends up in the bin! I’d rather pay a bit more upfront and be able to service them with o-rings and stainless springs.
I've had the loop for 12 years. It's never bothered me.

david mark

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 09:04:50 am »
Ive had the loop with tap plus use rhino hose with a swivel conecter to the inlet side of the ball valve This stops the hose twisting .i made a bracket from a moutain bike handle bar stem . To hold the ball valve firmly to the bottom of the pole

lee_dewing

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 09:25:27 am »
[quote Univalve and tubeless setup make a big difference to my efficiency. It’s a shame the univalves have decreased in quality and become a consumable, more plastic that ends up in the bin! I’d rather pay a bit more upfront and be able to service them with o-rings and stainless springs.][/quote]

That’s it in a nutshell

I have that setup 👍
Great when it all works
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 09:26:50 am »
Anyone got any good links for
“Pinchable pole hose”. ?

Thanks

windowswashed

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 07:05:56 pm »

I think you need a check up from the neck up mate

I hated them. Lifting a 50ft pole from waist level to turn the flow on, no chance. With a univalve you can't control the flow, only turn it on & off.
Anyway I use 10mm silicon pole hose with an internal 8mm diameter to 4 -6 jets fitted on each brush I use. Never get enough flow using univalve fitted to 8mm external pole hose with 5mm internal, way too slow waiting for the water to cascade along the glass.
Happiest using 12mm silicon flat hose connected to a pneumatic push fit tap draped in front of my wrist and flat hose sits  in my hand which is 3mm if that in the hand whilst grasping the base of the pole, no loop beside my feet, much easier. Nothing to go wrong with my method. 

lee_dewing

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 03:57:59 pm »
Thanks Smudger

That was it pressure and blockage in fanjet

Capsule, plant life
Cleared fan jet capsule’s and turn down flow.

Right as nine pence 😁👍👍

Bungle

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2021, 05:10:04 pm »
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2021, 08:53:46 pm »
gosh  - I will screen shot the post  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2021, 11:31:27 pm »
Anyone got any good links for
“Pinchable pole hose”. ?

Thanks

Gardiners green Pu

lee_dewing

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2021, 01:18:28 pm »
Thanks Everyone 👍
☔️⛄️😭

rycalshaw

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2021, 01:20:24 pm »
I,m having issues disengaging my univalve when the pole is extended, its fine when not extended and i,ve had it out and it seems to be working fine, could it be the hose thats stretched ?, it has been indoors for a few days due to the weather so it is very soft..