This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Thinking of franchising
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2021, 06:09:29 pm »
It's simple Nigel - there are people that have the cash but would never be able to start up the biz get customer etc...  franchise offers a ready made biz weather you like it or not

Employing is the same there are many people that are happy to earn a wage by going the job then going home and not worry about the responsibility of being self employed

Your objection is always the same " they will steal your work" this really is a reflection of you rather than the people than become franchisees or employees
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2021, 06:13:11 pm »
Here's a good reason to employ.....

3 evenings a week 👍

Only downside I cruise this forum and have to read all Nigels drivel 🤣🤣🤣🤣
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

tlwcs

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2021, 06:27:21 pm »

3 evenings a week 👍

I rarely read anything he posts. Although I did reply to one of his last week.

Smudger

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2021, 07:18:36 pm »
I find them great when I'm ready for a nap - sends me off to sleep lovely 🤣

Darran

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2021, 07:24:37 pm »
I doubt anybody running their own business would see it as making sense. The franchisees I have on board have all come from a different backgrounds and their reason for joining has made sense.

In the last 6 months I've said NO to two guys wanting to come on board as I could see it ending in tears for me. Might have been wrong but I will never know I guess.

Why do people work in Burger King when they could just go buy a burger van? Heaven forbid there are some people out there who would rather have someone holding their hand through life. Social distancing is in place so its a figure of speech.

Last year i purchased a van and kitted it out as a spare for my guys to use in case of breakdowns, servicing etc etc. How many one man bands have that as a back up? It's not a POS either as its fitted with a grippa tank system with electric reels to match what they already have in their vans.

I'm not going to try and "sell" franchising to the non believers as its just a waste of my time. It's working for me and others so that's all that matters.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2021, 07:34:43 pm »
I think Nigel's biggest issue is acknowledging that he himself isn't capable of either employing or franchising but accepting that others can- AND are successful with it. It really is that simple from where I'm sat. Arguing is futile, it's akin to convincing the SNP that Scottish independence is a bad thing!👍🤐
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2021, 08:07:52 pm »
I’m not trying to convince anyone I’m confused why anyone would be stupid enough to buy a window cleaning franchise,although I suppose that’s the kind of person you need someone that knows very little about it.

Mike Burd

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2021, 08:18:21 pm »

3 evenings a week 👍

You may be aware of my issue in the summer. I was in a coma for 6 days but work carried on. 5 vans out every day and I wasn’t missed. As a result of that I now do nothing day to day. I have one meeting a month with my manager and will plan and oversee the marketing campaign in the summer but that’s it. Oh, I do the bank reconciliations because I quite like it.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2021, 09:19:16 pm »
Must be annoying to go fishing and not catch anything   :D :D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2021, 11:43:50 pm »
I’m aware now that you’ve posted pictures of it on here 🤣🤣

Perfect Windows

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2021, 05:44:19 am »
I’m not trying to convince anyone I’m confused why anyone would be stupid enough to buy a window cleaning franchise,although I suppose that’s the kind of person you need someone that knows very little about it.

Earlier in the thread I'd be the stupid one to franchise because I would have my work stolen from me. Now the people who buy a franchise would be the stupid ones to buy in.

Tell me, is there anyone in this scenario who isn't stupid?

Vin

NWH

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2021, 10:40:03 am »
If they were a sandwich short and knew nothing about window cleaning just had redundancy to waste it probably would work fine, a cheap easy escape to work outdoors.
On the flip side someone buys into it and sees it for for what it is and how it can easily be manipulated or in laymen’s terms sod paying this bloke when I’m doing all the work you could have problems,all I’m saying is you think you know people then you don’t   it takes a certain kind of person to buy into this.

supernova77

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2021, 11:53:59 am »
We have partnered with a company who own 4 other franchise brands:

https://www.taylormadefranchising.co.uk/post/taylor-made-franchising-forms-strategic-partnership-with-iconic-window-cleaning

All of their franchisees across all of their brands turned over £7.6m last year - more than proving franchising in all sorts of industries works.

We are working on having our first 2 pilot franchisees up and running by the end of April.

The long term goal is to have a network of franchisees nationwide. A bit like Fish Window Cleaning in America.

www.window-cleaning-franchise.co.uk

Andy

Ched

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2021, 02:46:55 pm »
We are working on having our first 2 pilot franchisees up and running by the end of April.

The long term goal is to have a network of franchisees nationwide. A bit like Fish Window Cleaning in America.

Andy
Who ever did your web site needs a kick. If you look at it on a non maximised window (about 1100px wide) then the top banner menu drops down below the logo and then takes up half the screen. The responsiveness needs looking at.

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2021, 03:25:28 pm »

Why are you calling me stupid? you don't know me.

Mike Burd

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2021, 03:51:54 pm »

https://www.taylormadefranchising.co.uk/post/taylor-made-franchising-forms-strategic-partnership-with-iconic-window-cleaning

All of their franchisees across all of their brands turned over £7.6m last year - more than proving franchising in all sorts of industries works.

Andy
In my opinion it only works if you provide the work. Is that your plan?

NWH

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2021, 04:52:31 pm »
I wouldn’t compare window cleaning in another country and certainly not the USA it is totally different as far as pricing and how frequently they clean goes,I watched lots of footage on how fish is run and it’s not all good a lot of the time it’s 1-2 times a year cleans which can include gutters windows in and out incl window tracks cleaned out every time $1000 upwards easy to keep track of work like that,monthly 6-8 weekly work isn’t done out there unless it’s store fronts you can’t base the USA franchise model with a UK one.
There’s a British guy thats moved over there and setup a business in window cleaning because of the size of the jobs per clean and the frequency it’s far easier to organise and keep track of the business.

supernova77

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2021, 05:18:25 pm »

Andy

No we won’t be providing any work as such but will be working with each franchisee to build their business with them.

It’s very rare in the world of franchising for the franchisor to find all of the franchisees work.

Ched

« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2021, 05:22:29 pm »
To me there are 2 reasons to look at buying a franchise.
First is brand recognition - i.e. McDonalds is known worldwide, everyone knows what McD's food is and what they get. People like to go for something that is familiar they feel it's safer.
The second is a proven system - methods of working, gaining customers, and managing the business etc.

The problem I see with window cleaning franchise is brand recognition - can the public name a window cleaning brand? I doubt it.
So what you are paying for is the management system and a bit of training and hand holding. Unless they are supplying custys.

While it might be a quick route to working and getting custys you will be paying for them as long as you continue being a franchise!

Splash & dash

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2021, 05:24:28 pm »

Andy

No we won’t be providing any work as such but will be working with each franchisee to build their business with them.

It’s very rare in the world of franchising for the franchisor to find all of the franchisees work.

I know nothing about franchising but thought the whole  object of it was to supply the franchisee with all the work,  knowledge ,and equipment to carry out the job that’s surely what they are paying royalties for ???? If they get there own work why should they lay you a % of that ???