van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

1x 8.4'' vacuum versus 2x5.7'' vaccums machines
« on: January 18, 2021, 08:15:19 pm »
Hi all .I'm on a hunt for a new portable .I like the airflex  with the built in heater as it's compact and not too heavy and also within my budget .

https://www.clean-smart.co.uk/store/miniflex-8-4lx-compact-extractor-with-built-in-heater/?wccps_c0=74896&wccps_c1=74163&wccps_c2&wccps_c3&wccps_c4&wccpq_c0=1&wccpq_c1=1&wccpq_c2=1&wccpq_c3=1&wccpq_c4=1&quantity=1&wccpm0=1602832256&wccpm1=1602832257&wccpm2=1602832258&wccpm3=1602832259&wccpm4=1602832260&wccpl=5#choose-your-water-pump

this model has the 8.4'' vacuum but I'm interested to how it performs in reality versus the twin vacuum systems .
Look forward hearing from you

john martin

Re: 1x 8.4'' vacuum versus 2x5.7'' vaccums machines
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 08:56:03 pm »
Iv got a single 8.4 version .
No heater though as i use an external heater .

My own reasons for getting the single 8.4 version  ... i knew i was going add a booster i made ... and ... i have two spare 8.4s sitting in boxes that i couldn't find uses for .

Performance ..  i dont want to down play it too much , you could use it in all situations ... but its just not great  . The machine itself is optimized as much as it can be , 2" plumbing inside , really nice design over all ... but a single 8.4 wont blow your mind .  I have used it a few times on jobs where suction was not end all , a commercial stairs , a clean sofa or whatever .  But if your facing a few deep pile synthetic bedroom carpets for example  , its just not the performance you need for leaving them quick to dry . Two good 5.7s will give much better performance .

Also consider the built in heater will make it a struggle to bring upstairs easy .
If i was you  ...  i would spend a bit more  ... on the twin 6.6 version with 400psi pump (about 2500) and then add the external magma heater (550 with machine )
Ok its about 800 more than the machine you linked to ... but whats 800 over the space of a few years ... and you would have a machine capable of tackling ever job situation with confidence  .
Just my opinion though .  You might well be happy with the heated 8.4 .

john martin

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 09:15:14 pm »
This Hi-Lite might be worth a look also if you didnt see it

https://hiliteservices.co.uk/product/the-tempest-twin-unit-carpet-cleaning-machine/

C.C.S.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 01:34:22 am »
Iv got a single 8.4 version .
No heater though as i use an external heater .

My own reasons for getting the single 8.4 version  ... i knew i was going add a booster i made ... and ... i have two spare 8.4s sitting in boxes that i couldn't find uses for .

Performance ..  i dont want to down play it too much , you could use it in all situations ... but its just not great  . The machine itself is optimized as much as it can be , 2" plumbing inside , really nice design over all ... but a single 8.4 wont blow your mind .  I have used it a few times on jobs where suction was not end all , a commercial stairs , a clean sofa or whatever .  But if your facing a few deep pile synthetic bedroom carpets for example  , its just not the performance you need for leaving them quick to dry . Two good 5.7s will give much better performance .

Also consider the built in heater will make it a struggle to bring upstairs easy .
If i was you  ...  i would spend a bit more  ... on the twin 6.6 version with 400psi pump (about 2500) and then add the external magma heater (550 with machine )
Ok its about 800 more than the machine you linked to ... but whats 800 over the space of a few years ... and you would have a machine capable of tackling ever job situation with confidence  .
Just my opinion though .  You might well be happy with the heated 8.4 .

Thank you for the comprehensive info .
I've also been looking at this which seems like a very good price and specs with the dual 6.6 and inline heater .

https://www.worldofclean.co.uk/x-tract-carpet-cleaning-machine/

john martin

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:07:23 am »
It says two three stage vacs but doesn't specify the wattage.  If your buying it get them to fit two 1500w . Or at least one 1500w and  one 1200w. You don't really want two 1200w.
Overall its a bit like a dacia duster ...Good price ...Will get you there fine  ...  but its no bmw.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 09:46:20 pm »
Those hilite machines look like a great concept ,but I cannot fault airflex machines ,I have just picked up a turbo second hand and it's a great step up from my pro400 I had before . I I were to buy another full size machine I would be looking at the storm/turbo or the alltec with the triple vac configuration, don't rule out the enforcer also in dual 6.6 . They are big and heavy machines tho.

The hilite would be quite versatile,no reason you couldn't park the pump/solution tank up near a water supply and run solution hose through the home ,whilst moving the vac unit around where your working to keep the hose run shorter, i.e take it upstairs with a bucket and then empty and move it down as you work your way down

C.C.S.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 10:57:34 pm »
Having looked and compared a few machines, I have to say The Tempest looks very tempting.  I'm really looking at a less heavier machine  than my powr Flite which I believe is 55 kg . And this looks ideal . I was bit sceptical at first but I'm warming up to it .
They only worry is the pump size, powr Flite has 500psi and and this one 220 psi .
The advantage is more vac power for the tempest.
Also what exactly perfect heat option means ?
I give them a ring on Monday to find out more and see if they can upgrade the pump but at the moment I'm very tempted .

john martin

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 12:07:32 am »
The aquatec pump ( rated 250psi these days ) is not bad at all   , actually, it has more gpm waterflow than the small pumptec (usually called a 300psi .
Note the gpm ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPuL1vq10H4
https://www.clean-smart.co.uk/store/pumptec-112v-pump-head/

There is thexatherm promotional video on youtube  (they use aquatecs also ) where they claim their pumps are stronger than a ' high pressure pump '    but the whole video is a trick ... because they picked the 112 pumptec an an example of a ' high pressure pump '  insted of the larger pumptec which would have equal and then more flow as the motor gets bigger .

But if you get them to fit a 400/500psi all the better .

The rapid heat system ... its a mystery   ...  the Tempest comes with a 3kw immersion heater  ... and then you can opt for the £170 extra rapid heat ... its has to be either a passive heat exchanger on the motor or exhaust ... or a small inline electric heater, say 1kw to compliment the imersion.
If you find out let us know !

Lewis Newby

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 08:23:09 am »
I asked if the pump could be upgraded they said the unit was too compact to fit a bigger pump. I had a 220psi pump in my airflex mini ,it was very low flow compared to my 400psi pump

john martin

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 03:24:02 pm »
I wonder are they just saying that as an excuse ? The pump unit has no vacuums , its hard to believe there is no room .
This is what came inside my miniflex  ,  the ametek pump motor is quite slim ... good chance it would fit whatever space .

https://www.steam-brite.com/pumptec-81275-series-207v085m9253f-120v-buna-mvalve-38in-ports-gold-g13102-86201050-25074-p-13100.html

C.C.S.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 10:32:59 pm »
Just had an answer for the the tempest.

"The pump cannot be upgraded as the concept of the machine is to be compact and light and there is no spare space or power supply capacity for a larger pump. As hoses never need to be extra long the 220 psi is never a problem. We don't publish the exact workings of the rapid heat so as to keep ahead of the competition with this unique idea. It's not an inline heater but works with the existing 3kw immersion heater. It is extremely efficient and trouble free."

john martin

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 11:12:47 pm »
Hmm  ... part true .. part excuse

I would think  ... weight wise the difference between an aquatec and the pump i posted above must only be a kilo or so  ,  not a huge lifting obstacle to most .
Space wise  ...   there is space , dont give me that  :D
Power wise  ( i think this is their main issue )     The heater element ( listed in parts on their site ) is 2.75kw   which is about 11.5 amps  , so they ony have a legal 1 amp  or so for the pump to utilize to keep the machine a one corder .
The pumptec would be 2-3 amps .

But really , if their is demand for a bigger pump they should adjust to accommodate what the customer wants  , as an option  anyway  ...either drop the heater element to 2400w or so .... or do what Ashbys do on the 6.6 machines ... put the immersion heater on a detachable cord and let the customer choose if they want to use it or not .

The 'rapid heat '  is still a mystery as like the bigger pump there is no spare current for an extra electrical thing .... and there is no vacs in the pump section for a passive heat ex-changer  ... unless they run the water from the pump machine through the vacuum unit  ...

C.C.S.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 08:26:20 am »
Hmm  ... part true .. part excuse

I would think  ... weight wise the difference between an aquatec and the pump i posted above must only be a kilo or so  ,  not a huge lifting obstacle to most .
Space wise  ...   there is space , dont give me that  :D
Power wise  ( i think this is their main issue )     The heater element ( listed in parts on their site ) is 2.75kw   which is about 11.5 amps  , so they ony have a legal 1 amp  or so for the pump to utilize to keep the machine a one corder .
The pumptec would be 2-3 amps .

But really , if their is demand for a bigger pump they should adjust to accommodate what the customer wants  , as an option  anyway  ...either drop the heater element to 2400w or so .... or do what Ashbys do on the 6.6 machines ... put the immersion heater on a detachable cord and let the customer choose if they want to use it or not .

The 'rapid heat '  is still a mystery as like the bigger pump there is no spare current for an extra electrical thing .... and there is no vacs in the pump section for a passive heat ex-changer  ... unless they run the water from the pump machine through the vacuum unit  ...

I guess from their point of view  they would need to rethink the machine and doesn't make sense logistically and economically to change it . the price it's very attractive   for what it is especially  when  you compare it with the machines from cleanmart ,alltec ,asbhys are way cheaper .
The only downside in the machine it's the pump which isn't bad after all .
I wonder their customer service is  .Before has been mentioned here I never heard of this machine .

C.C.S.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 05:21:14 pm »
Hi.  Just put an order for the Tempest .I should get it early next week .I'll keep you posted how I get on with it

john martin

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 06:25:54 pm »
Hi.  Just put an order for the Tempest .I should get it early next week .I'll keep you posted how I get on with it

wow , thats a  quick lead time .   They must have enough stock of vacs etc .    A detailed review would be great  !

C.C.S.

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 06:33:26 pm »

wow , thats a  quick lead time .   They must have enough stock of vacs etc .    A detailed review would be great  !

when I emailed them ,last weekend hey said they have stock ready to ship . I look forward to it too

Lewis Newby

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 07:45:37 pm »
That's great news , it's a very tempting machine even with the pump, interested to see the flow/output at the jets on it. I'm sure it will be a great machine . Maybe when this covid bolox is over and I've got more work in I will get one also

C.C.S.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 04:40:40 pm »
The Tempest is here . Quite happy with the size and weight.  I also upgraded my wand and hoses

john martin

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 06:26:54 pm »

Great , now you have to review the brush wand aswell   :)

Does it suck good ?
Did you opt for the quick heat thing or just the intank  immersion?

C.C.S.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 07:40:05 pm »

Great , now you have to review the brush wand aswell   :)

Does it suck good ?
Did you opt for the quick heat thing or just the intank  immersion?

I'll try and have a go  tomorrow at home before I book anything ,just want to make sure everything works fine .
I went for both heating settings although I couldn't see any of it .
I went for the teflon glide and Brian persuaded me to opt for the brush attachment as he said it's brilliant