This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian will

Re: PENTAIR PRF-RO PROBLEM
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 11:50:33 am »
The waterboard need to put ticket's through the doors to inform you they are working on your mains and you may get some discolouring in your water and to run your taps to get rid of it. The mains are on branches and they close sections off and blow all the mud out then they have to test the water to make sure its safe to drink, the discolouring is the chemical they put in the main to clean and kill the bacteria in the water.

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 03:49:54 pm »
The waterboard need to put ticket's through the doors to inform you they are working on your mains and you may get some discolouring in your water and to run your taps to get rid of it. The mains are on branches and they close sections off and blow all the mud out then they have to test the water to make sure its safe to drink, the discolouring is the chemical they put in the main to clean and kill the bacteria in the water.

Unfortunately they don't often do it. We get informed of a scheduled maintenance but never for emergency pipe repairs.  I've heard them drive around the estate with a loud speaker informing residents they will be switching the water off for a certain time.

If I see a maintenance crew out then I switch my r/o off until the evening. I then run cold water into the bath to check if it has sediment in it.
I once replaced the prefilters and that evening the r/o's sediment filter was totally blocked up.  I couldn't believe I'd been caught out like that. In those days I used to replace the sediment filter once a month and the carbon block every 3 months on average.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian will

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 05:48:15 pm »
OK, lots of head scratching, hair pulling, researching and running test after test on it :'(  for the last 2,3 ,4 probably more weeks and it works out that there is nothing wrong with it, its all running as it should well with in its capabilities  :) but it might be advisable to add a booster pump if I want to the up the pure water production (which I don't need to at the moment) and just change and monitor the rate of water going thru the  pre-carbon filter. Happy days, lol. :D.     A big thank you to everybody who  pointed me in the right direction, couldn't of done it without your help.