This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Van Insurance increases????
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:52:15 pm »
So just had my renewal quote for van insurance check this it went from £1150 to £2400!!!!!

Phoned up kicking off the lowest they would go to is £1800.

Did my usual Van Compare search cheapest i could find was £1097, (pretty good) however it did not cover a water tank included.  Best price from Van Compare including water tank fitted was £1600.

Phoned Alexander Swan for the first time ever and the lowest price they could get me was £1750.  They said that was expensive.

Normally my insurance is around £900-£1200 per year, has been for the last 3 years.

Please remember i have 2 people insured on the van as my employee uses it full time.  I have no idea why its so high, but it has gone up £500+ this year for literally no reason.

Anyone else having problems with renewal prices recently?

Also i do not care for your "hiya luv my insurance is only £400 comments" this does not help me or contribute in any positive way LOL

Im young (under 30), and all ive ever known with insurance is prices at £1k+ for commercial vehicles.

Cant decide whether to go with Alexander Swan, or just stick to my usual Van Compare cheapest quote.  Insurance companies are poope which ever way you look at it, all i really care about is being covered legally as whenever you need to claim insurance is a nightmare to deal anyway.

Thanks Guys.

Don Kee

Re: Van Insurance increases????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 04:01:20 pm »
Try A-Plan or Aviva.

Both have given me decent quotes in the past for multiple drivers (currently use A-Plan)

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 04:23:44 pm »
Postcode has a lot to do with it , you could just be fighting a losing battle
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 05:43:58 pm »
A Plan won’t be cheap they normally come back with Agias or maybe 1 other that will take the policy on and with someone younger maybe they won’t,they are no push over A Plan when you try and get the price down.

EandM

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 06:09:32 pm »
I did £179 on the last one but both myself and the vehicle are old and live out in the sticks.

deeege

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 06:32:53 pm »
A Plan won’t be cheap they normally come back with Agias or maybe 1 other that will take the policy on and with someone younger maybe they won’t,they are no push over A Plan when you try and get the price down.

Wrong wrong and wrong. (As usual)

It’s definitely worth giving A-plan a try. They price matched a competitive quote for me late last year, saving me over £300 on the automatic renewal.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

motod

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 07:55:30 pm »
Insured my van last week, Alexander Swan wanted over £2k... Aplan reneval was £1k, afteer a call sorted £850, only slighly more than last year. Call them all to discuss.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 08:17:56 pm »

It’s definitely worth giving A-plan a try. They price matched a competitive quote for me late last year, saving me over £300 on the automatic renewal.

The thing you have to remember is when you ring an insurance company and they ask about a water tank you have to tell them you actually have one in the back of the van,no what I mean 😉

deeege

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 08:47:06 pm »

The thing you have to remember is when you ring an insurance company and they ask about a water tank you have to tell them you actually have one in the back of the van,no what I mean 😉

It goes without saying that you have to declare your water tank and any other modifications. Anybody that doesn’t is risking having the policy voided.

Are you suggesting that someone hasn’t or are you just being a Nob With Heater as usual?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 09:01:39 pm »
I’m dredding my renewal in July

Good luck jo5hm4n 🤞
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

NWH

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 11:10:27 pm »
Load of window cleaners don’t declare they have a tank in the back 100% of the time they say they are a cleaning business etc,it cuts the quote in half I bet you know a few although they won’t tell you they don’t have to show you the policy do they.
They’ll all laugh behind your back till they need to claim in a serious accident.

JandS

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 11:59:21 am »
If you fill out the application form and it doesn't ask you about a water tank why would you bother to tell them........it says carriage of goods for work on mine or something similar...........water tank isn't a modification unless it's permanently fixed in place.

"Do you accept water tanks or water fed pole systems fitted to vans?

Yes; we regard water tanks, or water fed pole system as a modification to the vehicle where they are permanently fixed to the vehicle floor by a professional and suitably qualified mechanic or engineer. A water tank or water fed pole system is considered a modification when it is permanently fitted within the vehicle, e.g. professionally bolted down. Where the water tank/water fed pole system is portable or not permanently installed (e.g. simply placed or strapped in) this would be considered a personal belonging, and therefore is excluded for loss or damage under the policy as business equipment."
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 01:07:05 pm »
🤣🤣 come on now what window cleaner do you know that gets home after a hard days graft and pulls his tank out the back every night lol come on now,I tell you why most window cleaners don’t class it as a modification and that it’s removable and that’s because they strap in the back within minutes with a few orange straps from Halfords or the like,this is a very unsafe way to cart over half a ton of moving liquid about regardless of what other half witts will tell you.
Insurance companies won’t tell you but they love it when you break the rules and don’t declare certain important modifications and that’s because you’ll get nothing and you won’t have a leg to stand on,forget ticking boxes on an online form ring them and tell what you are doing and what you are ferrying about on a daily basis and get it in writing.
So many people paying for insurance that’s not worth the paper it’s written on,while your at it tell em  you’ve got an L5 heater strapped to the rear door 🤣🤣.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:19 pm »
I think A Plan told me they’ve run my details through all underwriters and 2-3 came back with half sensible quotes,dozens wouldn’t cover it and that’s because they won’t cover WFP systems.
I got a good discount I have 4-5 policy’s with them.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 01:25:48 pm »
🤣🤣 come on now what window cleaner do you know that gets home after a hard days graft and pulls his tank out the back every night lol come on now,I tell you why most window cleaners don’t class it as a modification and that it’s removable and that’s because they strap in the back within minutes with a few orange straps from Halfords or the like,this is a very unsafe way to cart over half a ton of moving liquid about regardless of what other half witts will tell you.
Insurance companies won’t tell you but they love it when you break the rules and don’t declare certain important modifications and that’s because you’ll get nothing and you won’t have a leg to stand on,forget ticking boxes on an online form ring them and tell what you are doing and what you are ferrying about on a daily basis and get it in writing.
So many people paying for insurance that’s not worth the paper it’s written on,while your at it tell em  you’ve got an L5 heater strapped to the rear door 🤣🤣.

Aye, aye... nob with gob is back!!😄
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 01:32:41 pm »
Lol **** me I didn’t realise how many window cleaners just filled in an online form insurance companies must love it,money for literally nothing for them 🤣🤣

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 01:34:34 pm »
I did £179 on the last one but both myself and the vehicle are old and live out in the sticks.
He doesn't care for your comment luv !  :D ;D

JandS

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 01:47:08 pm »
It's not a modification if it is strapped in.......did you read the comment from Allianz I think it was.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

EandM

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 02:22:55 pm »
He doesn't care for your comment luv !  :D ;D

;D

Ok. To put it in perspective my other Ranger does cost me £300, but I don't have any no claims bonus on that policy.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 02:25:05 pm »
It's not a modification if it is strapped in.......did you read the comment from Allianz I think it was.

Unfortunately,  nob with gob's brain is one way traffic. Retailers, insurance providers etc stitch him up like a kipper time after time and he just regurgitates the BS that facilitates them to extract his money! He can't comprehend normal, rational evaluation. If you’re not ripped off like some nieve, gullible newbie, then it can't be right!🙄😄
Comfortably Numb!