This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Working if we go in full lockdown
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 07:14:06 pm »
Both parents have to be key workers here.

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 07:21:52 pm »
Carrying on the best I can . Kids will be still going to school as the wife is a key worker and I’ll be getting through all my work that isn’t on hold.

Why can’t your kid go to school as a key workers child Griff? Isn’t your Mrs a nurse?
He might be able to go in, Danny; he's also classed as vulnerable, I think.
That's why I said 'temporarily' but there's nothing in place yet. We had a message today saying they were opening on Wednesday and now we are going to hear from Boris. He'll probably go in if he can on the days that his Mum is working but once again it's all last minute. Luckily his Mum only starts work on Friday, this week, but I only need to lose another a week or two to be significantly affected after already losing two weeks in December.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 07:25:50 pm »
Carrying on the best I can . Kids will be still going to school as the wife is a key worker and I’ll be getting through all my work that isn’t on hold.

Why can’t your kid go to school as a key workers child Griff? Isn’t your Mrs a nurse?
He might be able to go in, Danny; he's also classed as vulnerable, I think.
That's why I said 'temporarily' but there's nothing in place yet. We had a message today saying they were opening on Wednesday and now we are going to hear from Boris. He'll probably go in if he can on the days that his Mum is working but once again it's all last minute. Luckily his Mum only starts work on Friday, this week, but I only need to lose another a week or two to be significantly affected after already losing two weeks in December.

I’d take the opportunity this week to get out there and get through some work whilst you can mate.

Not wanting to open another discussion on the grants etc but stop overthinking it, you qualify regardless at this point. Get it claimed and get your work done the best you can.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 07:44:29 pm »
It won’t affect us they’ve already said it will more than likely be the same as March.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 07:44:55 pm »
Looking forward to no traffic again 🤣

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 08:32:00 pm »

I’m already on a record month, it’s only flu and the hospitals are empty anyway.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 08:35:15 pm »
so we can work then..... 8)......i feel sorry for some of you......most of us have had the best part of 2 weeks off over xmas and are raring to go again after lazy days and too much food and drink.........but some of you hate this job that much you ll do anything to have another few weeks off......i dont know how you keep your customers...... ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 08:44:56 pm »
Clean windows-bank the money-and save for a new hot system lol 🤣🤣,all joking aside I feel sorry for those with mental health issues the hospitality sector etc when I watched that you could just feel the 10s of 1000s of people in tears as he was giving his speech.

James Styles

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2021, 09:21:25 pm »
I’m gonna be carry on working

Wind o kleen

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2021, 09:40:26 pm »

movinonup

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2021, 10:28:28 pm »

Carry on best can .
Put canvassing off for the foreseeable .. but heyho who wants to go door knocking on cold Jan/feb months anyway .

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2021, 11:03:12 pm »

Carry on best can .
Put canvassing off for the foreseeable .. but heyho who wants to go door knocking on cold Jan/feb months anyway .

i first started canvassing on a sunday in early january 1993 (a couple of days after new year)with 5 inches of snow on the ground.....i picked up 3 houses on an estate....28 years later i clean 90+ houses on the same estate and have done for many years now...... ;)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2021, 11:28:10 pm »
I’m gonna be carry on working
That should be a good laugh😁

simon w

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 07:13:38 am »
We just pull a buff over our faces when we're going in and out of our customers houses. This way they can't identify which one of us was skipping their windows  8)

deeege

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 07:33:21 am »
Tradespeople are allowed to continue with internal work this time around. Whether you want to is another matter though.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 07:56:28 am »
I'll be working through but won't be going inside of anyone's houses this time.

We were notified late last night of my partner's estranged father having passed by two police officers knocking the door. I had to let them in. No PPE or any discussion regarding  protocol or a social distance. I fully understand that masks could be a barrier to communicating bad news but still found it quite concerning considering lockdown having been announced only hours before.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 08:02:16 am »
I'll be working through but won't be going inside of anyone's houses this time.

We were notified late last night of my partner's estranged father having passed by two police officers knocking the door. I had to let them in. No PPE or any discussion regarding  protocol or a social distance. I fully understand that masks could be a barrier to communicating bad news but still found it quite concerning considering lockdown having been announced only hours before.

My next door neighbour was found dead last year during the first lockdown...there was police everywhere(he was a well known drug dealer)....

NO masks
NO social distancing

I wouldn't get too near some of my neighbours pre covid nevermind during these times!

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2021, 08:04:25 am »
Tradespeople are allowed to continue with internal work this time around. Whether you want to is another matter though.

It's a good excuse to get rid of any internal work if you hate going inside customers houses....👍🙂

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2021, 08:14:54 am »

Carry on best can .

i first started canvassing on a sunday in early january 1993 (a couple of days after new year)with 5 inches of snow on the ground.....i picked up 3 houses on an estate....28 years later i clean 90+ houses on the same estate and have done for many years now...... ;)

Wow i was still in primary school in 1993

deeege

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2021, 08:27:13 am »

It's a good excuse to get rid of any internal work if you hate going inside customers houses....👍🙂

I only do a couple of big country house type places inside. I’d lose the job by giving up the insides on these and anyway I enjoy doing them.

Sod doing any internals on smaller 3/4/5 bed stuff.

Edit: have just read that back and realised I sound like NWH, apologies. 😂