Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Due to covid which gloves now ?
« on: December 23, 2020, 07:03:41 am »
Thanks for reading,I always wear nitrile surgical gloves all year round to keep,my hands clean ,I know some will think   I'm a southern softie ,but I like clean hands and so,does my wife !

This is the issue I'm having nitrile gloves pre covid £5 box of 100 now £17 a box of 100"if you can get them,I don't want to pay the inflated price as its a pi-s take,
Just wondered for those that wear gloves daily ,what are you now using ?

Many thanks

alank

Re: Due to covid which gloves now ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:11:06 am »
I'm just using the cheapest I can find. We change them that frequently throughout the day as long as they fit and keep my hands clean and dry that will do. We always wear decent gloves over these so the cheapest are ok.

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 07:13:30 am »
Nitrile, but I stockpiled in the first lockdown. I always try to reuse them until they spring a hole or split. I've got 11 boxes of 100 in the garage. Paid slightly over the odds at £8.50 a box.

Have you seen people selling just a few pairs on eBay for a couple of quid?
We look at them, they look through them.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 08:27:46 am »

zesty

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 08:46:49 am »
Gloves for window cleaning?

I only where winter style gloves when it’s cold, and that’s it.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 09:04:22 am »
These
https://www.toolstation.com/watertite-grip-gloves/p99748 and also a pair of the thermal lined for when colder. Don't see the point in disposable gloves or masks for the general population and it's not good for the environment. Wash the gloves regularly with them on with hand sanitiser or soapy water if it's a concern.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 09:58:54 am »
I just wear the extra strong black nitrile gloves.....the ones I bought last month were £21 for 100.......the really cheap ones are rubbish and false economy IMO.....they tear too easily and I could easily go through 4 pairs in a day....these ones I change at lunchtime....so 2 pairs a day....

If I dont wear gloves I get ground in carbon on my hands and little cuts here and there in the winter months...annoying......
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 11:37:21 am »

Bet you don’t wash your hands before having your lunch either😆

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 11:39:48 am »
I just wear the extra strong black nitrile gloves.....the ones I bought last month were £21 for 100.......the really cheap ones are rubbish and false economy IMO.....they tear too easily and I could easily go through 4 pairs in a day....these ones I change at lunchtime....so 2 pairs a day....

If I dont wear gloves I get ground in carbon on my hands and little cuts here and there in the winter months...annoying......
Nitrile gloves in the summer months tho? Hands sweat too much, they become really uncomfortable and you can’t get them off.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 11:52:38 am »
I dont wear gloves on hot sunny days or i end up with white hands!

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 08:42:56 pm »
In winter i use skytec argon

For general use something like this

https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/portwest-a120-black-pu-palm-gloves.html

Just change them when wet and throw in the washer at the weekend. They will last a while, much better than disposable

zesty

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 08:52:10 pm »

Bet you don’t wash your hands before having your lunch either😆

Nope  ;D

Never have.

I really don’t understand why you lot wear gloves for window cleaning?

In the winter I get it, I just wear any winter gloves, usually bought from go outdoors or wherever.

Other than the cold weather, I can’t see any reason to wear them?

You’re a bunch of girls  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 09:03:19 pm »
i always wash my hands before lunch too(with hot water and liquid soap)....its very unhygienic not too........esp with handling 100m of hose all day long dragging it along the ground....

zesty

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 09:07:26 pm »
i always wash my hands before lunch too(with hot water and liquid soap)....its very unhygienic not too........esp with handling 100m of hose all day long dragging it along the ground....

You northern softie!

Never done me any harm, I’ve not washed my hands for lunch since being a kid.

;D

Bunch of wimps. 😊

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 09:15:30 pm »

You northern softie!

;D

Bunch of wimps. 😊

suit yourself zesty........you ll be dead soon! :D ;D

zesty

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 09:33:43 pm »

You northern softie!

;D

Bunch of wimps. 😊

Stop talking nonsense you pansy!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2020, 08:52:24 am »
Thanks for reading,I always wear nitrile surgical gloves all year round to keep,my hands clean ,I know some will think   I'm a southern softie ,but I like clean hands and so,does my wife !

This is the issue I'm having nitrile gloves pre covid £5 box of 100 now £17 a box of 100"if you can get them,I don't want to pay the inflated price as its a pi-s take,
Just wondered for those that wear gloves daily ,what are you now using ?

Many thanks

looks like your gonna have to suck it up like the rest of us......how many pairs do you use in a day?.....2?.....thats 8-10 a week if you work 4 or 5 days a week......so £2 a week.....its hardly gonna break the bank for most of us.....

i used to wear showa 377s in the winter but not anymore as i find them fiddly when posting my paper slips,answering my phone on my watch and using my bluetooth headphones....so its thin nitriles only now for me......but like ive already said i dont wear them on sunny days in spring/summer.....

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 08:52:59 am »

You northern softie!

;D

Bunch of wimps. 😊

happy xmas zesty! :-*

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 02:27:23 pm »
I never used to wear gloves for years, its only really the last year that ive started wearing them everyday.

Dog poop, mud, cold water, carbon fibre etc i would now rather have them on, worth it when you look at your glove and its plastered in dog poop.

zesty

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 05:39:42 pm »

You northern softie!

;D

Bunch of wimps. 😊

happy xmas zesty! :-*

And you mate  8) ;)

zesty

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2020, 05:40:54 pm »
I never used to wear gloves for years, its only really the last year that ive started wearing them everyday.

Dog poop, mud, cold water, carbon fibre etc i would now rather have them on, worth it when you look at your glove and its plastered in dog poop.

Even in the summer? I couldn’t wear gloves in the summer. Tend to avoid dog poo gardens, nothing worse than dragging hose through it!

NBwcs

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2020, 10:26:03 pm »
Try these, brilliant gloves, its what car mechanics wear and although disposable will last much longer than the gloves you've been using , and you can remove them far more often before they split. I bought 2x boxes in march and worn them as under gloves every day and still havnt used them all yet so works out much cheaper as well as being better quality.

https://www.arco.co.uk/products/14C1700

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2020, 02:06:05 pm »
Some of you guys that don’t wear gloves...... I bet your nails and hands are filthy with ground in dirt and carbon.

I always wear gloves. Looking at my hands you’d never know i work outside 5 days a week.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

robbo333

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2020, 12:56:30 pm »
I don't like wearing gloves, but when I do:
Showa 282
Showa 477
Tegera waterproof winter gloves (2 different types)
Lots of hand sanitiser
Don't pick your nose  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

koopmaster

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2020, 08:47:04 pm »
builders gloves

whnimcleaningwndws

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2021, 02:14:45 pm »
They are pretty hard to get hold of right now  - especially since the second lockdown was announced .

Bought my last lot fropm here: https://www.prontodirect.co.uk/nitrile-gloves/  does work out a bit cheaper if you bulk buy though .

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2021, 04:24:21 pm »
no need for anything but nitrile gloves......hot water and hoses keep your hands warm.....