Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Cancellation reason?
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 04:12:29 pm »
And I get ribbed because I clean a few roof panels for free on huge jobs lol,5 notes doesn’t even buy you a pint down here 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gringo

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 06:45:31 pm »
I got cancelled once for asking for what I was owed, husband was paying me for 1 clean, I said its actually x3, I've missed you and I think you were away last time, I tell you what he says "don't bother doing them again" shuts door in my face, a55 hole WTF!!

tlwcs

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 07:05:58 pm »
So to the OP...did you get a reply?If I get a cancellation its usually because their moving house and they often ask do I cover their new area where their moving to.....others are usually because they ve died.....

I heard from him today, a member of his family is going to do them.
Whether this is true or not, I’m happy he replied.

jk999

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2020, 07:39:54 pm »
1,there's to much water on the walls,2 you woke my dog up while collecting, 3 you left my tap turned on for 4 hours because you was filling your water barrel s up all my water is filtered at home wtf

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 07:49:35 pm »
£5 🤣🤣🤣 you should  of just said to them I don’t answer my phone to a customer for 5 quid,are people running this as a business or working for free because cleaning anything for 5 notes isn’t worth driving anywhere for lol.

That was 15 years ago. Unfortunately there are still people in our area whose price perception of their 3 bed semi is £5. And there are cleaners prepared to do it for that.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2020, 07:51:28 pm »
So to the OP...did you get a reply?If I get a cancellation its usually because their moving house and they often ask do I cover their new area where their moving to.....others are usually because they ve died.....

If its true you will get a call in a few months asking to be put back on your round. I've lost count of the number of times this has happened to us over the years.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2020, 08:00:53 pm »
£5 🤣🤣🤣 you should  of just said to them I don’t answer my phone to a customer for 5 quid,are people running this as a business or working for free because cleaning anything for 5 notes isn’t worth driving anywhere for lol.

That was 15 years ago. Unfortunately there are still people in our area whose price perception of their 3 bed semi is £5. And there are cleaners prepared to do it for that.
Maybe but that ain’t a business for anyone cleaning windows for 5 quid paying Tax running a vehicle etc.

Slacky

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2020, 08:19:03 pm »
There’s usually only a couple of reasons you’ll get sent down the road maybe 3,cost-quality of work or they just don’t like you.

Nonsense.

1. Cost
2. You're crap
3. They don't like you
4. They're moving
5. They're dead
6. Their mate has started a round
7.  Some idiot is going to do it for £3.50 once then never return
8. They have timed you and worked out your hourly rate
9. Their cat doesn't like you
10. It always rains just after you've been
11. They have new 'self cleaning glass'
12. They have bought a Karcher
13. They really need you to be there at 11.24 on the third Wednesday after the full moon
14. You are getting the plants wet (seriously)

I could go on...

I had one, ‘You always come when the dog groomer is here...’.

tlwcs

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2020, 08:39:25 pm »

If its true you will get a call in a few months asking to be put back on your round. I've lost count of the number of times this has happened to us over the years.

Me too. I have a policy that if I get a reason, I’ll take them back.

jk999

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2020, 09:07:13 pm »
Even had customers cancelling a month before Christmas then setting me back on at end of January just to avoid tipping me 🤣🤣🤣

Mike Burd

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2020, 09:26:45 pm »
There’s usually only a couple of reasons you’ll get sent down the road maybe 3,cost-quality of work or they just don’t like you.

Nonsense.

1. Cost
2. You're crap
3. They don't like you
4. They're moving
5. They're dead
6. Their mate has started a round
7.  Some idiot is going to do it for £3.50 once then never return
8. They have timed you and worked out your hourly rate
9. Their cat doesn't like you
10. It always rains just after you've been
11. They have new 'self cleaning glass'
12. They have bought a Karcher
13. They really need you to be there at 11.24 on the third Wednesday after the full moon
14. You are getting the plants wet (seriously)

I could go on...
Yes, had all of these. When you start out and when you’re taking on big volumes quickly you’ll get dozens and even hundreds of cancels over a year. I confidently expect to lose 200 over the winter. Many of these we’ll have picked up over the summer. It’s the nature of the business. Incidentally 25% of the 200 we’ll dump for barons reasons. Payment, skipping when raining, two skips in a row and so on. Dropped 4 today.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2020, 09:32:58 pm »
I had one cancel in October, cos they were saving up for Christmas. She text me last week asking if I can do a one off before Christmas. I said yes double price for a one off , payment in advance . She paid straight away . She only missed November’s clean . I got the full years money . She got 11 cleans . 😁

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2020, 11:30:39 pm »
And I get ribbed because I clean a few roof panels for free on huge jobs lol,5 notes doesn’t even buy you a pint down here 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No, you get ribbed because yo da man - ( plus a complete bell end )  😂😂😂

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

tonyoliver

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2020, 10:30:28 am »
This post has to be read by all new window cleaners to see some of the crap we put up with
I thought it was only me who got this  treatment

My dad is coming over from Denmark to clean the windows

And my all time fav is
The cat said it doesn’t want them done any more !!!
I replied
Oh the cat said it didn’t mind me calling
She said you speak to the cat ?
Oh yes I said and like the man from the news of the world  made my excuses and left !!!

Mike Burd

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2020, 11:19:58 am »
Had one yesterday - "I've just had some logs delivered & I don't want them getting wet". Dumped.

High-Tower

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
Had one yesterday - "I've just had some logs delivered & I don't want them getting wet". Dumped.

hilarious! considering it was ping down on and off all day!

The only ones that p me off are those that lie about there being a problem with the clean to cancel you when they're skint!

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2020, 04:24:55 pm »
I had one this morning (thats always annoying btw when they cancel on the morning of the clean after you text them the night before the fookin winkers)

Dont want them doing anymore as not happy i cleaned them in the rain, clean before she skipped as she had covid  ???

No idea why they cant just cancel in advance and tell the truth, covid indeed

She only had 2 cleans before starting the excuses....