Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.J.M

Dang pro v4
« on: December 05, 2020, 12:32:48 pm »
Does anyone have one if so how does it perform with the slotted. Glide

Red_Panda

Re: Dang pro v4
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 04:25:43 pm »
Hello, I see you've switched your thoughts from a spinner to a two way wand to a big swivel wand. What is your goal? Each of these tools are good in their own field, what field are you aiming at? Thanks David.

mjm

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 04:31:47 pm »
Hello, I see you've switched your thoughts from a spinner to a two way wand to a big swivel wand. What is your goal? Each of these tools are good in their own field, what field are you aiming at? Thanks David.
[/quote

Faster cleaning faster drying times  easier on my back   

Red_Panda

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 04:36:05 pm »
What machine are you going to use it with?

mjm

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 04:41:54 pm »
Airflex pro 800.  I have a vac pod  also

Red_Panda

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 04:56:48 pm »
Thanks, I have a back problem and went through exactly the same search as you a while back. I eventually came across an interview of an old guy in the US who swore by a 12" titanium Sapphire wand. I bought one and am glad I did. It's very light, a doddle to use with a glide and dries the carpet very well. It has 4 jets, if you went for a 14" one, they have 6 jets. Its expensive for a wand but worth every penny.  I'd definitely recommend the 12".

mjm

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:05:46 pm »
Thanks, I have a back problem and went through exactly the same search as you a while back. I eventually came across an interview of an old guy in the US who swore by a 12" titanium Sapphire wand. I bought one and am glad I did. It's very light, a doddle to use with a glide and dries the carpet very well. It has 4 jets, if you went for a 14" one, they have 6 jets. Its expensive for a wand but worth every penny.  I'd definitely recommend the 12".

Hopefully I have not made a mistake.  I ordered the 14 inch yesterday  it's 4 jets but there's a massive back log Iam 15 th
In the que.   I think his parts come on the 12 th.     I don't think I will get it till after crimbo.    But he said work at 300 to 400 psi.   I will have to experiment with it

Red_Panda

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 05:32:35 pm »
Tha reason I didn't go for the swivel was because the joint seems to have a limited life. I hope you get on ok with it when it finally arrives!

mjm

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 05:38:28 pm »
Tha reason I didn't go for the swivel was because the joint seems to have a limited life. I hope you get on ok with it when it finally arrives!
[/quot

Thanks you've sort off eased my mind. As I couldn't get any info no one was using them with a portable   
Thanks

john martin

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 07:25:48 pm »

I got one of the original ones a couple of years back ...  for the same reason  .... to speed me up  , especially on some hotel ballrooms .
It did on the big rooms  , but i find the 2" pipe cumbersome generally  ...   and i locked the swivel  ... because certain carpets would kind of force it sideways  , its a bit gimmicky in someways ... it can be useful around furniture  but i dont miss it .
For domestic the standard swan neck (westpac ?) that most sell ... with a green glide ,  is easier on domestics i find .
I see a bit of a trend back to 1.5" being acceptable with newer wands , offered in 1.5 , the devastator , the sapphire , a couple of others  , the 1.5 dang was developed , but after his illness im not sure where its at , i think the whole dang side of things is now sold to the wanders guy (mike something ? ) and some else ..

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 09:23:34 pm »
Joe Bristor is the wanderer he’s a bit mad

john martin

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 09:34:23 pm »
Joe Bristor is the wanderer he’s a bit mad

Ha , that's it ...  Joe.   
Iv heard about the 'mad ' thing, but hes got some slick ' day in the life ' videos on his homepage  ... he sounds very relaxed and reasonable.
Unless hes bipolar or something   .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 09:42:34 pm »
One of the nicest wands I’ve trialled is the prochem quad jet, nicely weighted with a glide, funily enough the US version is different from the UK version the US one is twice the weight and a 11 inch head 2 inch bore (which is the one I tried) but the UK version 12 inch head

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 10:17:06 pm »
Very similar aren’t they, if I was in the market for a new wand I’d buy the Dand v4 from Joe Bristor they’re $1000 plus all of the taxes that they can throw at you

mjm

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 10:36:16 pm »
Joe is the bloke I  spoke to I like his relaxed manner.  If I can't get used to the 2 inch hose I will put a 1.5 on it to 2 inch hose to machine that's what Iam doing now.

I paid $1000. And £25   overseas Bank charges from Loyd's.         Iam not sure if the tax was included maybe I will get a bill separate.    Or.   I have to go to a depot.  And pick it up.  And then pay the charge.
Anyway the wand has to last me a few years so I paid. 
My old twin jet.  I bought second hand 6 years ago.   

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 10:59:30 pm »
Sometimes you get a Bill this end for import duty and vat plus post from uk depot to home, let us know how you get on with it

mjm

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 07:40:52 am »
Sometimes you get a Bill this end for import duty and vat plus post from uk depot to home, let us know how you get on with it

I will thanks a lot

mjm

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 09:18:55 pm »
my wand came 3 weeks ago   paid £75   tax over the internet  delivered  to my door

it was first delivered to london then went up north to birmingham then to  london again then back to birmingham  held in customs for a week  then to me  iam not doing much carpet cleaning   at present  i have used it   4 times now  bit strange as i have never used a swivel before  but the drying times great  and the glide  iam using 2inch hose  atm    its ok  but i may have to put a small maybe 4 ft length  of 1  half inch on to 2 inch lengths

i forgot about this thread    sorry to ressurect it

i got a warning from joe bristow today  by email   he is putting his prices up soon   march 1st

john martin

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 10:25:02 pm »
my wand came 3 weeks ago   paid £75   tax over the internet  delivered  to my door

it was first delivered to london then went up north to birmingham then to  london again then back to birmingham  held in customs for a week  then to me  iam not doing much carpet cleaning   at present  i have used it   4 times now  bit strange as i have never used a swivel before  but the drying times great  and the glide  iam using 2inch hose  atm    its ok  but i may have to put a small maybe 4 ft length  of 1  half inch on to 2 inch lengths

i forgot about this thread    sorry to ressurect it

i got a warning from joe bristow today  by email   he is putting his prices up soon   march 1st

I found the best thing about the swivel is the lock   :D

I think devastators have no lock ..  that could drive you mad folks

I have a V2  ,    haven't used it in ages but might haul it out again  , its a nice design but a bit much in small domestic settings i find . The whip hose will make it more manageable.
I think some with a truckmount who does large rooms could make great use of a 16" version,  great speed id say .
Me id like a 12" 1.5" tube version as im mostly a domestic cat .