Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Van Leasing
« on: January 16, 2021, 08:39:13 pm »
has anyone gone that route,      it has its advantages  apart from owning it at the end.      but is it as much free hassle leasing one.     No worries regarding repairs , etc  for 3 years.      Any feed back  will be great if you have found this a better way for you.

johnny bravo

Re: Van Leasing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 10:15:25 pm »
you could pay £5000+  and it could break down  not long after ,   no one needs these nightmares

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 10:45:10 pm »
It’s too much hassle for me taking everything out again after a few years there’s more to it if you have hot water,I prefer to spend more money on a van and keep it longer 6-7-8 years if you change vans every 3 years before you know it you are thinking about having to rip it all out and start again.

the king

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 10:03:38 pm »
I prefer to finance mine over 5 years then trade in don't have to worry about scratches and mileage dents ect

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 07:41:58 am »
I prefer to finance mine over 5 years then trade in don't have to worry about scratches and mileage dents ect

And this is probably the best option for most of us. Leasing can be a mine field in our industry. Yes, mostly we do low mileage but we also drill holes in the cargo area for our tanks and the van is a target for those wear and tear bumps and scratches.

Another thing people seem to believe is that they get trouble free motoring. To an extent that's correct but you need to take out a separate maintenance contract and it doesn't cover body work damage. A maintenance contract can also include cover fair wear tyres (it used to be an add on and cost extra) but not a tyre that fails due to a puncture for example. And the leasing company expects you to replace that tyre like for like.

The common misbelief is that my new van has a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty for example. It doesn't. Nobody reads the small print.  While the first year will cover most things (not bulbs, punctures, tyres and brake pads etc), the 2nd year has reduced cover as more and more items are classed as fair wear and tear items. Basically the 3rd year's warranty is a dealer extended warranty and covers engine and gearbox.  All wear and tear items, for example clutch, are not covered by the 3rd year, unless its can be proved to be a component fail at manufacture/production.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mike Burd

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 09:25:15 am »
Yep. Much more sensible. Or better three years and get interest free if you're lucky.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 07:04:12 pm »
Yep. Much more sensible. Or better three years and get interest free if you're lucky.

When I was in the trade 'interest free' finance was a great draw card. What used to happen though was that they would reduce the cashback portion of the sale to pay the interest and end up making more profit from the sale.

My advice is always to thoroughly investigate each deal as some are better than others. One of the sales managers once said; " there is only one slice of the cake; we serve that one piece in the best way to attract the sale. So we need to find out what floats our customer's boat before stacking a deal."

In our day there was a variety of sales offers, cashback, interest free finance, 3 years free servicing, exhorbitant trade in for an old car, etc. That piece of the cake would still be the same size; it would just be presented differently to each potential customer. If he wanted cashback then none of the other offers such as interest free credit would be available.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)