Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Xmas tips
« on: November 28, 2020, 10:30:35 am »
Hows everyone doing?
I'm on £140 and a bottle of red, I haven't even sent any xmas cards either  :D

Bungle

Re: Xmas tips
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 12:35:56 pm »
Hows everyone doing?

Goes to show that you don’t have to kiss a55 to get tips  ;D

£140 already!! You could  get a Webasto service for that  :P
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 01:08:15 pm »
£100 and ive posted 70+ cards this week...... ;D......your customers must feel sorry for you SB cleaning......... ;D
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 01:28:53 pm »
A big fat £0 so far, but then I was on commercial all last week.

This week it’s all domestic, so i anticipate some tommy tipsters  8)

jk999

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 02:20:39 pm »
Is that all dazmond come on you can do better than that 😁😁😁😁

Steven Biggs

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 10:27:48 pm »
£100 and ive posted 70+ cards this week...... ;D......your customers must feel sorry for you SB cleaning......... ;D
£100 in tips and you were using cold water . You should be ashamed . I hope you are gunna spend all next week recleaning them properly with hot water . Then apologise to every customer and explain why there windows are spotty and streaky .

jk999

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 11:51:21 pm »
Whats up with cold water

H2GoKent

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 07:05:37 am »
£100 in tips and you were using cold water . You should be ashamed . I hope you are gunna spend all next week recleaning them properly with hot water . Then apologise to every customer and explain why there windows are spotty and streaky .
You only gets spots and streak with cold water if you don't do know how to use it
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 08:38:34 am »
You only gets spots and streak with cold water if you don't do know how to use it
There is no difference between hot and cold water on maintanence cleans, the guys who have spent thousands will argue with me but it's true.

Phil J

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 09:45:26 am »
I've had £5 so far, the two lads have had about £25 each. Lots of people paying online, so the tips are diminishing unfortunately.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 09:53:24 am »
When I was a nipper , and I spilled some mucky fat or pigeon blood on the kitchen floor . My dear old grandma would say . “ you won’t get it off with cold water , put a pan on, t stove and boil some water . Same applies to windows . I wouldn’t send my lads out in all weathers toclean a window or two with cold water . Since we went hot they are easily earning me an extra bag of sand a week . And that’s what counts . Just off for a game of darts with my mate Bill . See who gets the bullseye .

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 10:00:20 am »
When I was a nipper , and I spilled some mucky fat or pigeon blood on the kitchen floor . My dear old grandma would say . “ you won’t get it off with cold water , put a pan on, t stove and boil some water . Same applies to windows . I wouldn’t send my lads out in all weathers toclean a window or two with cold water . Since we went hot they are easily earning me an extra bag of sand a week . And that’s what counts . Just off for a game of darts with my mate Bill . See who gets the bullseye .
We aren't cleaning fat or pigeon blood off windows though are we! A bit of dust and the odd snail trail and bird crap it all comes off very easy with cold.

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 10:28:01 am »
That's more like Heartbeat.
You can go but be back soon.......
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jk999

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 10:33:58 am »
Been cleaning with cold for 25 years never had a problem

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 10:54:38 am »
I'm about £60, i'll start smiling more from now on.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 11:19:33 am »
I've had £5 so far, the two lads have had about £25 each. Lots of people paying online, so the tips are diminishing unfortunately.
I still get tips online.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 11:33:54 am »
..I'm getting xmas tips online too....👍

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 11:36:13 am »

Its horrible though......esp in winter.....I hate working with cold water.....I'd never go back to cold water cleaning

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2020, 11:57:44 am »

Its horrible though......esp in winter.....I hate working with cold water.....I'd never go back to cold water cleaning
We haven't had a real winter in years though Daz ;D

jk999

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2020, 12:09:44 pm »
To be honest i have thought about it but wouldn't have a clue,  whats all the different ways off heating the water up

simon w

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »
Hoping to get a 5K tip from the government at midnight tonight  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2020, 02:10:31 pm »
Posted to please NWH  ;D:

A word of warning- a significant reduction in profits will be expected to show in your end of tax year return.
This one is about money.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

simon w

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2020, 02:16:53 pm »

A word of warning- a significant reduction in profits will be expected to show in your end of tax year return.
This one is about money.

Get it claimed  :-* :-*

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »

You might be able to afford a decent van and system now then mate.....👍

simon w

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2020, 05:35:21 pm »

Daz. I've always had a decent everything all my life 🙂 I had my first professionally fitted hot  Webasto system 11 years ago before you'd even heard about them or couldn't fit one in the back of your car 😘

Steven Biggs

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2020, 06:19:31 pm »
To be honest i have thought about it but wouldn't have a clue,  whats all the different ways off heating the water up
we put ours in the oven .

G Griffin

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2020, 06:48:06 pm »

This one is about money.

Get it claimed  :-* :-*
I'll have to see how things go.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2020, 06:49:14 pm »
we put ours in the oven .
Will an aga do do do?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2020, 07:58:10 pm »

Daz. I've always had a decent everything all my life 🙂 I had my first professionally fitted hot  Webasto system 11 years ago before you'd even heard about them or couldn't fit one in the back of your car 😘

I was only joking  you sensitive soul!👍🙂

simon w

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2020, 08:37:04 pm »

I was only joking  you sensitive soul!👍🙂

Just testing you Daz  :-*

simon w

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2020, 11:55:11 am »
If the customer gave you the choice Xmas tip or positive Google review which would you choose?? those who have websites obv's  ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2020, 01:57:19 pm »
If the customer gave you the choice Xmas tip or positive Google review which would you choose?? those who have websites obv's  ;D
Tip all day long,  I've got enough work.

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2020, 02:15:37 pm »
I couldn't bring myself to say that I want the money.
I just a rattle a tin with the words 'Xmas tips' on it in front of them. A Santa hat or novelty antlers on and there's no need to ask.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jo5hm4n

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2020, 11:48:34 am »
What's the biggest Christmas Tip you guys get?

I have a customer £15 4 weekly and every single year at Christmas he Tips £50.

This year he gave us £250 and said take the tip for yourselves and put the rest towards all my cleaning for next year so i dont have to worry about it!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2020, 12:14:59 pm »
Absolutely zero so far.

Never get much more than about £50 anyway so not expecting anything.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 02:15:40 pm »
£244 up to now.....ive already treated myself to some new bluetooth earbuds(Samsung galaxy buds live)...managed to get them for £124 including next day delivery....👍

deeege

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2020, 02:31:54 pm »
Got my first fiver today. I’d be surprised if I got more than £100 this year tbh now everyone is on online payments.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KS Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2020, 03:50:46 pm »
That’s the problem with getting tips online, you’ve got to pay tax on them😖
If it’s a cash tip it goes straight in the hipper🤑

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 03:54:12 pm »
That’s the problem with getting tips online, you’ve got to pay tax on them😖
If it’s a cash tip it goes straight in the hipper🤑
I was just about to say that they are taxable  ;D.
Even cash ones  :-X.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Smudger

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2020, 04:37:49 pm »
With blood, do not wash in hot water. Use cold water only. When it comes to blood, a protein stain, hot water can also set stains, making them more difficult to remove. This is the opposite of how you treat most stains (where you want to treat it at the same temperature the stain is created at)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 05:45:13 pm »
With blood, do not wash in hot water. Use cold water only. When it comes to blood, a protein stain, hot water can also set stains, making them more difficult to remove. This is the opposite of how you treat most stains (where you want to treat it at the same temperature the stain is created at)

Great 'tip' Smudger 😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2020, 06:22:40 pm »

Trouble is you have to earn thousands and thousands to pay for hot the way you do it😳😳

jonboywalton75

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 06:27:16 pm »
£244 up to now.....ive already treated myself to some new bluetooth earbuds(Samsung galaxy buds live)...managed to get them for £124 including next day delivery....👍

You get tips cos of all the hours you spend collecting Daz
I used to collect and get tips about
15 years ago
For the sake of a few hundred quid a year I'd sooner get paid 100% online

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2020, 06:56:26 pm »

15 years ago

i havent collected for over 12 months now mate....most pay online the rest cash/card payment on the day.... 8)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:52 pm »
What happened to the top of the range ones you bought on sale at the airport?

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 07:04:10 pm »

Trouble is you have to earn thousands and thousands to pay for hot the way you do it😳😳

yep i do....ive just paid another £400+ on a new burner and glow pin plus a bit of new pipework.....although the new glow pin they ve fitted  is FAULTY!frustrating for sure!....

BUT.......i still wouldnt like to go back to cold water cleaning esp in winter.........once this is sorted tomorrow(hopefully)....it should provide me with another few years of trouble free hot water cleaning....... :)

Mike Burd

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 07:06:23 pm »
I never used to much. The guys that work for me get quite a lot though. I’ve always felt that as a self employed guy you get more if a: you’re chatty, or b: you’re cheap. Workers are seen differently I think and will just get tips regardless.

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 07:09:46 pm »

i dropped one of them and broke the end off one of the bang and olufsen ones last week......these samsung buds are a better fit,smaller  and sounds really good and sync with my samsung phone with ease.....

windowswashed

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 07:16:15 pm »
Minus three and freezing fog driving to work this morning. minus one degree when I started cleaning the windows, this time of year prefer warm  over hot or cold water so hose is manageable but doesn't freeze as soon as it touches the glass.  Manage to practice some sideward skids on the untreated roads before getting to the main (treated) roads, same again tomorrow, joys of winter working below freezing  :)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2020, 07:17:54 pm »

i dropped one of them and broke the end off one of the bang and olufsen ones last week......these samsung buds are a better fit,smaller  and sounds really good and sync with my samsung phone with ease.....
😖 I was thinking of getting the Bose ones.......my cheapies will do for now tho😁

deeege

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2020, 07:42:01 pm »

In years of using these things I can tell you it’s pointless buying the high end ones, without exception they all fail at some point.

I buy these ones, a couple at a time, and view them as a disposable item that will last 6 months tops. Sound quality is excellent on them too.

Mpow Wireless Headphones Bluetooth 5.0, Up to 9 Hrs Playing Time IPX7 Waterproof Running Headphones In-ear Earbuds for Gym Cycling Workout Running Hiking Fitness with Built-in Noise Cancelling Mic https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075XHXKZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_dlC_nuOZFbKEJZZ5A

NWH will be along shortly to say his £500 pair have lasted him 30 years and are easily the best on the market.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2020, 09:41:05 pm »
There not wireless though danny!I only wear one bud while working......in hindsight I should of just gone for the Samsung ones from the start as they are a better fit .....I will still use the bang and olufson ones too as they are still wearable and work....

deeege

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2020, 09:51:06 pm »
There not wireless though danny!I only wear one bud while working......in hindsight I should of just gone for the Samsung ones from the start as they are a better fit .....I will still use the bang and olufson ones too as they are still wearable and work....

They are wireless. They are linked together but are not linked to your phone.

Stoots

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2020, 05:38:06 pm »
Up and running  ;D

Two crisp five pound notes came my way today, lovely jubbly.

Running total £10.

whnimcleaningwndws

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2020, 10:31:24 am »
Hows everyone doing?

Wow you have a generous round! All that by November 29th too!!

Mine tends to pick up more the closer we get to Christmas. Makes the cold weather more bearable  ;D

jo5hm4n

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2020, 10:34:59 am »

15 years ago

Jon, i haven't collect now since i pretty much took over those rounds you gave me a few years back, and still getting £200+ in tips each year.  Must be my sex appeal to the old biddies  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2020, 02:32:10 pm »
Got a £60 tip today.....it was from a customer who won £11 million on the lottery a while back🤑 Think it was ‘only’ £40 I got from him last year, he must have got a better interest rate for his savings account😆

robbo333

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2020, 04:02:19 pm »
Blimey, just reading this, I realised i've got a bottle of wine sitting in the van....
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2020, 04:24:51 pm »
£265 up to now.......still plenty of time for a few more.......

deeege

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2020, 05:14:16 pm »
Had a couple £20’s today which takes my total to £52 😃

Last day of domestics tomorrow before Christmas so I’d be surprised if I got to £100, but that’s fine.

Commercial work all the way after tomorrow and that’s a big fat 0 when it comes to tips.

Picked up a £300 8 weekly office today also which is nice .

Mike Burd

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2020, 05:16:23 pm »
Had a couple £20’s today which takes my total to £52 😃

Last day of domestics tomorrow before Christmas so I’d be surprised if I got to £100, but that’s fine.

Commercial work all the way after tomorrow and that’s a big fat 0 when it comes to tips.

Picked up a £300 8 weekly office today also which is nice .
Do my own thanks.  ;)

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2020, 05:36:59 pm »
If I'm adding it all up correctly then I'm currently sitting on £323 plus 4 boxes of chocolates and a bottle of wine. 

G Griffin

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2020, 05:41:05 pm »
If I'm adding it all up correctly then I'm currently sitting on £323 plus 4 boxes of chocolates and a bottle of wine.
They'll melt.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bungle

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2020, 09:55:03 pm »
Blimey, just reading this, I realised i've got a bottle of wine sitting in the van....

Haha, just reading your reply and I've realised I've also left a bottle of wine in the van 😂

G Griffin

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2020, 10:51:48 pm »
Vin in the van?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jk999

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2020, 12:17:50 am »
Whats the most tips ever got overall at Christmas in the past

dazmond

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2020, 08:21:46 am »
Whats the most tips ever got overall at Christmas in the past

Mines never been more than around £550...last year was £508 which was surprising due to stopping collecting....this year will be lower I reckon but I'll be up over £2k in earnings which is great considering the pandemic....

SB Cleaning

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2020, 02:12:19 pm »
I'm on for a record year, I'm on £378,bottle of red,18 cans of lager.

jk999

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2020, 05:15:22 pm »
I remember around 15 years ago I used to get over a grand a year but youngsters of today don't tip as much as older generation used to 😔

deeege

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2020, 07:44:16 pm »
My last day of domestic work today. Quite a few still to pay before Xmas but I’m on £140. Will probably finish on that too. It’ll do for me.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2020, 05:17:51 pm »
I think I have a had about £50 so far. Includes cash, cheques rounded up and a couple of increased on line payments.

Also had a tin of shortbread, a jar of homemade jam and a food company I clean for gave me a carrier bag with five Xmas speciality foods. (crisps,  cheese, mince pies etc)
It's a game of three halves!

Bungle

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2020, 03:59:50 pm »
4 bottles of Corona off a customer today. She did text to warn me that she'd left a joke tip. Also had 6 bottles of wine and plenty of dosh could be a record year 👍

KS Cleaning

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2020, 04:36:00 pm »
Got a bottle of wine off a customer on Monday, I left it on her step intending to pick it up after I had done next door......forgot all about it :-[ I  only remembered at night when Amazon delivered a parcel and left it on my step. If it had been beer I might have gone back for it but I’m not driving a round trip of 12 miles for a poxy bottle of wine😆

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2020, 04:45:06 pm »
£368 and a box of chocs up to now and a few cards.......i fully expect to get up to £400 with 3 working days left...down on last year but ill be over £2k up on this time last year earnings wise.....you just cant lose in this game! :D

Stoots

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2020, 05:13:30 pm »
About £40 i think so far.

It could always be worse.

drakestar!

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2020, 05:19:34 pm »
£340 so far and mince pies

simon w

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2020, 05:40:58 pm »
I normally hire someone off the dole this time of year to follow me around with a wheel barrow collecting all my Christmas tip cash and presents.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2020, 01:02:27 pm »
at 1655 so far this year with all 5 vans in the uk  which i will double and send the full lot to h4h

KS Cleaning

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2020, 01:42:06 pm »
at 1655 so far this year with all 5 vans in the uk  which i will double and send the full lot to h4h
When the opportunity arises to blow your own trumpet, some people just can’t help themselves😆

Bungle

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2020, 01:43:17 pm »
Wonderful suggestion of you Sue 👍

Dave Willis

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2020, 02:10:04 pm »
Lucky I’ve got my mask on for this thread!

jk999

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2020, 07:19:52 pm »
Whats h4h

Bungle

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2020, 07:43:17 pm »

jk999

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2020, 08:18:04 pm »
Ok lol

dazmond

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2020, 03:51:19 pm »
im up to £485 in tips now.....i reckon ill hit the same as last year(£508)as ive quite a few customers owing me and some are bound to tip me!..... ;D

my debt list is currently £800+....... 8)

Bungle

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2021, 06:28:40 pm »
Still coming in  :D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2021, 09:04:19 pm »
I’ve just spent my tips today🤑  I put them to good use by putting my car into a body shop to have a scratch on the bumper repaired. Whilst it was in I took the chance to change the chrome grill, side vent covers and  badging for gloss black ones👌

G Griffin

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2021, 11:34:10 pm »
Don't forget that they are taxable  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2021, 06:49:20 pm »
Still coming in  :D
I had another £10 today  ;D