This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

webasto temperature mixer valve.......
« on: November 24, 2020, 04:37:27 pm »
anybody with a diesel heater had problems with this valve?mine started leaking a bit  today so i screwed it back on and its been operating at minimum temperature all day so only getting warm water at brush end.........anyway after work (and id turned the heater off)i re screwed it on tight then loosened the nut slightly (thats in the middle of the temperature dial) which allowed me to turn it a quarter turn to full heat mode.....hopefully this has cured the problem........
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

Re: webasto temperature mixer valve.......
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:59:19 pm »
Should av stuck wi the gas boiler Daz😜

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:59:12 pm »
anybody with a diesel heater had problems with this valve?mine started leaking a bit  today so i screwed it back on and its been operating at minimum temperature all day so only getting warm water at brush end.........anyway after work (and id turned the heater off)i re screwed it on tight then loosened the nut slightly (thats in the middle of the temperature dial) which allowed me to turn it a quarter turn to full heat mode.....hopefully this has cured the problem........

Take the numpty off the valve and unscrew the plastic bit behind until all the threads are showing then screw it back 1/2 tk 3/4 of a turn you will be on maximum heat now , could be you have an air lock if the plastic valve bit came out , but usually it clears in a few muinits , if not turn your flow controller to maximum for a bit that will usually clear it .

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 06:17:36 pm »
cheers mate...hopefully ive sorted it now.....ill find out tomorrow

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 08:45:32 pm »

Take the numpty off the valve and unscrew the plastic bit behind until all the threads are showing then screw it back 1/2 tk 3/4 of a turn you will be on maximum heat now , could be you have an air lock if the plastic valve bit came out , but usually it clears in a few muinits , if not turn your flow controller to maximum for a bit that will usually clear it .

Does that mixer valve come apart?

There is a little screw in the mixer's housing but it doesn't release the inner thermostatic valve.

https://www.butlertechnik.com/webasto-mixer-valve-kit-p1793

This is cheaper
https://www.jpcdirect.com/product/isotemp-mixing-valve-kit/

and some Loctite 572 thread sealer.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 08:55:01 pm »
i just screwed the black dial back on tight then  released the nut in the middle slightly which allowed me to turn the dial counter clockwise a quarter turn until i felt the stop......no idea whether this has fixed my problem until i fire up the heater tomorrow morning..hopefully it will be on max setting now and i can get some decent heat to my reel again!

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 09:06:49 pm »
i just screwed the black dial back on tight then  released the nut in the middle slightly which allowed me to turn the dial counter clockwise a quarter turn until i felt the stop......no idea whether this has fixed my problem until i fire up the heater tomorrow morning..hopefully it will be on max setting now and i can get some decent heat to my reel again!

To see what you are doing take the screw out of the centre of the black numpty  and you will see the black plastic threaded uncertain the brass housing unscrew that until you see threads appearing out side the brass fitting then the valve is fully open , re fit the numpty holding it whilst doing up the screw so you dint alter the setting of the valve .

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 04:23:32 pm »

Is this what you mean?

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 04:27:46 pm »
I did this today and it's not made any difference....the heater is barely warming my hose reel up....its almost as if the heater is in half heat mode constantly....very annoying!IMO there shouldn't be a temperature dial it should be full heat mode all the time....

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
if i try to unscrew it anymore than in the pic it comes off as not much thread holding it in.....

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 04:57:40 pm »
Have you rang grippa daz? What are they saying?

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 05:04:36 pm »

Is this what you mean?

Yes that’s it in that position you should be getting maximum heat , think you might have a air lock in the heat exchanger just leave the boiler running and try adjusting you flow on the controller from minimum to maximum hopefully it will flush it out that’s what I did with mine .

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 05:11:22 pm »
I think a £700 service might have helped........

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 05:12:56 pm »
Sounds like a right faff to me.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 05:45:08 pm »

ive had very little problems in 3 years since i had the heater installed Danny.......a few  little niggles which get sorted quickly......i honestly would hate to go back to stone cold water now....its horrible being a cold water user in this weather!

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 05:49:47 pm »
I’m gutted , my cheap Chinese version hasn’t let me down in 2 years  >:(
Mind you I did have to replace the glow plug last year , had to put the £10.50 on my credit card  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

deeege

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 05:57:04 pm »

ive had very little problems in 3 years since i had the heater installed Danny.......a few  little niggles which get sorted quickly......i honestly would hate to go back to stone cold water now....its horrible being a cold water user in this weather!

It was 12 degrees this afternoon you big fairy. Was in shorts and T-shirt for the last few jobs. 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 05:57:24 pm »
It’s alright now though  , the new model went in on Sunday in under an hour .
In house engineering, much simpler design and 25% smaller , all with no loss in temps  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 06:14:58 pm »

easy now Daz,

a little gentle teasing never hurt anyone.....
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2020, 06:43:52 pm »
I had to do a job yesterday with cold so I didn’t turn it on the windows are paper thin and they would just pop,the hose was literally like wire I took my eye off it when I was reeling in and because it was cold it came in tangled and nearly broke my wrist,also when it’s cold it doesn’t sit on the reel well as soon as you pull out it starts to want to come over the sides.