Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

Black Friday deals
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:16:02 pm »
anyone know of window cleaning supplies companies doing Black Friday deals?

I have not seen any so far

NBwcs

Re: Black Friday deals
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 02:20:43 pm »
Not much happening this year, even xline are staying quiet and they always do a 20% off. Shame as after 15 yrs of buying gardiners, I would have been  willing to try out their nano pole  at 20% off which if any good could have led to 15yrs of buying from xline.  I guess our suppliers are extra busy right now with all the newbies orders coming in so don't need the incentives.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 03:12:12 pm »
Window cleaning warehouse doing their usual 24% off.

Im waiting, going to get a high mod phantom

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 07:37:21 pm »

the problem with buying a phantom is their not compatible with gardiner quickloc brushes/goosenecks,etc plus isnt the top section thinner than any gardiner pole top section?more gear to buy and more crap to clutter up your van/storage space!.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 08:26:25 pm »

the problem with buying a phantom is their not compatible with gardiner quickloc brushes/goosenecks,etc plus isnt the top section thinner than any gardiner pole top section?more gear to buy and more crap to clutter up your van/storage space!.... ;D

I have a phantom carbon already and have the gardiner gooseneck in it.

They are narrower, you can't get a univalve in from the top.

NBwcs

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 09:24:34 am »
Rang and Xline are doing 15% off today (friday) and over weekend.  :)

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 01:27:31 pm »
Just got a TXT from Brodex  , the whole ally pole range are 34% off .
Get in quick chaps  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 01:14:50 pm »
Just got a TXT from Brodex  , the whole ally pole range are 34% off .
Get in quick chaps  ;D ;D ;D

i get the same text every year off them because i once bought a 25 ft hydra 10 years ago! ;D

zesty

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 01:26:55 pm »
I just watched some videos of the brodex ‘raptor’ poles on YouTube.

I’ve never actually looked at them, but they look terrible.

I had a facelift Phoenix when I first started, but other than that, there has never been a need to move away from gardiner. Just a shame Alex doesn’t bother with sales. Then again, why would he, he’s selling so much he’s got no need!

jk999

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 02:22:22 pm »
The brodex alloy poles are ideal for destructive staff 😁👍

NBwcs

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 10:49:58 pm »

I had a facelift Phoenix when I first started, but other than that, there has never been a need to move away from gardiner. Just a shame Alex doesn’t bother with sales. Then again, why would he, he’s selling so much he’s got no need!

Ive never felt the need to move away from Gardiners also, their clx and slx poles are simply brilliant, particularly the 18ft clx, an entry point pole which i use 6 days a week, a real work horse of a pole, and the last one gave me 3 years service, superb value for money. Unfortunately for me, im at that point where age is catching up on me, im slower than i used to be and the aches and pains are only going to get worse, hence feel its time to move up to the  light weight poles which is where im afraid i think Gardiners are no longer streets ahead of its competition.  The Gardiners  xtreme and xlines nano poles are extremely similar in spec. There are numerous reviews about the xtreme on here and most are positive but nearly all come with a caveat about its fragility. Gardiners are very honest about it and speciffy it needs tlc etc but at £485 + vat= £582 im very loathe to splash out nearly 5x the price of a clx for something i know wont last anything like as long. The nano has less reviews but all are positive, they look very similar. Xline s price however during this black fridays weekend is £335,75 + vat = £402.90, thats a significant saving of £179  :D. Its still a lot more than im used to splashing out but worth taking the plunge at that sort of saving..  Nearly £600 for a  fragile pole  is way too big a jump up  in my opinion. 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 11:25:24 pm »

Ive never felt the need to move away from Gardiners also, their clx and slx poles are simply brilliant, particularly the 18ft clx, an entry point pole which i use 6 days a week, a real work horse of a pole, and the last one gave me 3 years service, superb value for money. Unfortunately for me, im at that point where age is catching up on me, im slower than i used to be and the aches and pains are only going to get worse, hence feel its time to move up to the  light weight poles which is where im afraid i think Gardiners are no longer streets ahead of its competition.  The Gardiners  xtreme and xlines nano poles are extremely similar in spec. There are numerous reviews about the xtreme on here and most are positive but nearly all come with a caveat about its fragility. Gardiners are very honest about it and speciffy it needs tlc etc but at £485 + vat= £582 im very loathe to splash out nearly 5x the price of a clx for something i know wont last anything like as long. The nano has less reviews but all are positive, they look very similar. Xline s price however during this black fridays weekend is £335,75 + vat = £402.90, thats a significant saving of £179  :D. Its still a lot more than im used to splashing out but worth taking the plunge at that sort of saving..  Nearly £600 for a  fragile pole  is way too big a jump up  in my opinion.
I used to use an Extreme 18 but found at that height the weight difference and rigidity was negligible and certainly didn’t justify splashing out an extra £300+ over the SLX. In my experience the SLX 18 is more than adequate at that height

tlwcs

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 09:34:23 am »

I used to use an Extreme 18 but found at that height the weight difference and rigidity was negligible and certainly didn’t justify splashing out an extra £300+ over the SLX. In my experience the SLX 18 is more than adequate at that height

Completely agree with this.

dd

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 03:55:35 pm »

If you are currently using clx a slx should be an inexpensive upgrade.

I used to use a clx but since switching to slx some years ago I never picked up my clx again (gave it away in the end).

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 04:11:18 pm »
At 18 ft i think your better off just using a carbon gooseneck and standard xtreme brush with an SLX if you want lightness due to injury/age related problems

NBwcs

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 05:59:44 pm »
I didn't go for the slx simply because its only 90g lighter than a clx  , i've bitten the bullet and gone for the nano, its  288g lighter, if i don't feel its benefitted me in the long run, i'll probably opt for what you suggested Daz unless of course by then someone's come out with something  even better at a reasonable price.