Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BatHunterofDevon

So a few months ago, I decided to start a new job as an amateur voiceover artist/audiobook producer.
I refitted my own cupboard into a personal recording studio, with the use of cardboard and acoustic sound-reduction foam panels. I used aerosol spray glue to attach them to the insides of the cupboards. I am very pleased with how my cupboard turned out, however...
Sadly, my carpets have since been stained with dried glue residue which have been impossible for me to remove. I've tried warm water with fairy liquid, and I've even tried adding isopropylene alcohol into the mix - still nothing.

What should I do to get rid of these dried glue stains?
For anyone curious - the glue in question that I used is Diall Neoprene Spray Contact Adhesive (https://www.diy.com/departments/diall-neoprene-spray-contact-adhesive-500ml/3663602709350_BQ.prd)
Here's the glue in question.

Nobby

I would try white spirit.  Dip a cotton bud in the spirit and see if the stain comes off on to the bud. If it works you could continue with the cotton buds, be patient it could take while. You could apply it to a cloth (Terry towel or similar)don’t pour it on the carpet, and wipe the stains gently. In an ideal world you will need to rinse the area well to remove the softened glue and the spirit. Be aware if the spirit soaks through to the carpet backing you may end up buying a new carpet. My best advice by far though is to call a good carpet cleaner!

William Roper

One easy technique is to use standard cooking oil or oil-based materials. Vegetable or canola oil can work wonders, as can peanut butter or mayonnaise. Spread it on, let it soak into the excess for about an hour, then   wipe it away . For a tougher clean, try rubbing alcohol or vodka.

Nobby

That may or may not remove the glue William but the oil, Mayo or peanut butter is going to cause a stain of it’s own unless it’s really thoroughly rinsed out with an extraction machine.

RPCCS

Try chewing gum remover
Cheers Rich

dustee

One easy technique is to use standard cooking oil or oil-based materials. Vegetable or canola oil can work wonders, as can peanut butter or mayonnaise. Spread it on, let it soak into the excess for about an hour, then   wipe it away . For a tougher clean, try rubbing alcohol or vodka.
[/qu ote]   
Do you clean carpets for a living or just ruin them

Will Sterling

christine9292

Canola oil has done wonders for me that is for sure. Try leaving it for a a few hours before washing off and I think it would be enough.

dustee

WTF