This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

biocide help
« on: November 11, 2020, 06:44:21 pm »
i  have algo clear pro  will it kill the weeds eventually iam talking about the small little weed heads starting to poke through the joints  i cleaned a drive way 6 month back had a call for biocide treatement   if i just spray the surface  mixed properly will it take the weed s away or just the moss   
or do you recommend ddac  is that better  ???

Mike Halliday

Re: biocide help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 07:10:28 pm »
Quats are not weedkillers they do have a slight weedkilling effect  but are not designed to kill weeds. They are compatible  with  some glutamate  based weedkillers so you could add some to the solution.

But....... (without wanting to sound rude) the fact you don’t know this says you shouldn’t be using them as mixing chemicals like weedkillers  and applying them requires a certain degree of knowledge on the subject
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:25:02 pm »
i was actually asking for advice   not sarcasm

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 07:36:02 pm »

It was advice, the problem is you are too thick to see it

The question a clever  person would have asked was ‘which weedkillers are comparable with quats’

mjm

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 07:38:23 pm »
i dont know what your issue is  but stop this practice now

M.J.M

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 07:49:53 pm »
What's the problem

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 07:57:41 pm »
Better off using a normal weed killer bio isn’t really suited for killing  weed growth , Evan the pre mixed  plastic bottles with the little squirt gun built in will work .

mjm

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 08:01:44 pm »
Better off using a normal weed killer bio isn’t really suited for killing  weed growth , Evan the pre mixed  plastic bottles with the little squirt gun built in will work .

alright thanks   i have been using algo on the roofs  i wasnt quite sure on the weeds on driveways 

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 08:26:18 pm »

alright thanks   i have been using algo on the roofs  i wasnt quite sure on the weeds on driveways

Yes algi clear pro is fine for roofs etc to kill algi and moss but weeds in a drive you are better off with a normal weed killer 👍

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 08:48:16 pm »

The question a clever  person would have asked was ‘which weedkillers are comparable with quats’

I'm not clever Mike; do you mean "compatible"?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2020, 08:58:34 pm »

I'm not clever Mike; do you mean "compatible"?  ;D

Either would be appropriate, a comparable  weedkiller would have the properties or effects of a quatammonia disinfectant (as such could be compared)  a  compatible weedkiller would be safe to mix , but you are correct with your Initial assumption, my spellcheck kicked in ;)

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 12:26:26 pm »
there are issues using weedkiller commercially - you should have a license to spray it

I use the "natural" weed killer -  basically its white vinegar and salt with a dash of washing up liquid - I forget the exact mixture as I haven't needed to use it for a long, long time - but google it - this is very effective - and plays well to the save the earth brigade

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

M.J.M

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 08:21:42 pm »
there are issues using weedkiller commercially - you should have a license to spray it

I use the "natural" weed killer -  basically its white vinegar and salt with a dash of washing up liquid - I forget the exact mixture as I haven't needed to use it for a long, long time - but google it - this is very effective - and plays well to the save the earth brigade

Darran

Alright thanks. I know them quite well. There on my window cleaning runs
So I had some clinic up in the shed and went round tonight and sprayed it I don't use weedkiller much I just turbo nozzle normally it was Still clean from last year

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 09:45:47 pm »

Darran

We have 😂😂