This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Boris: News Conference at 17:00
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2020, 07:19:53 pm »
I like boris, seems to be doing a good job.

Soupy

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2020, 07:21:33 pm »
I like boris, seems to be doing a good job.

Hilarious.

Soupy

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2020, 07:23:24 pm »
Oh well, the furlough which would not be extended, has been extended.

Should have done it last week. Many people who got the boot yesterday (the end of furlough which was not going to be extended but has just been extended) would still have a job.

zesty

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2020, 07:55:20 pm »
My personal view is this is a ridiculous decision.

As a customer of mine said yesterday, who works for the NHS ‘we’re not even using the nightingale hospitals yet, we should be continuing with an open economy, keeping people’s livelihoods going’

My sentiments exactly!

NWH

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2020, 08:23:45 pm »
They know when things will get bad look at what they did with the handouts that was decided within days of what was going on,we are the last to know.

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2020, 09:03:04 pm »
I can’t see how different it is from what we already have. All that’s going to change is pubs, gyms and non essential shops etc closing.

I bet Jimmy Kranky is squirming in her boots knowing Boris locked down before her.
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:07 pm »
Look at the people in town and city centres drinking in the streets together it’s a joke.

Ched

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2020, 09:26:59 pm »
If you looked at the graphics from the presentation there was a set showing ages and infections. It was the 16 to 29 year olds who were spreading it to the older generations. So what do they do? Keep Universities and Colleges open!!! 
Hopefully the lockdown will reduce the deaths  and not cost too many jobs and businesses.

steve rix

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2020, 11:27:45 pm »
With the furlough gone, I can see this being bad.
Furlough stats again from 1200 tonight

steve rix

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2020, 11:29:14 pm »

Should have done it last week. Many people who got the boot yesterday (the end of furlough which was not going to be extended but has just been extended) would still have a job.
b******s no need forit

steve rix

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2020, 12:17:10 am »
Look at the people in town and city centres drinking in the streets together it’s a joke.
why?

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2020, 12:32:32 am »
If we were to go back to this time last year. Who could have anticipated what was to come ?
Who can anticipate even now, where we will be in a year from now  ? Apart from being forced to wear a mask in certain environments there has been a growing complacency since the last lockdown. Ultimately we only have ourselves to blame. Ideally we should all have enough common sense and social responsibility to one another not to need such measures. As for the government they'd get criticized regardless whether they lockdown or they don't.

Slacky

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2020, 12:34:22 am »
Exactly. 

Soupy

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020, 05:25:46 am »
If we were to go back to this time last year. Who could have anticipated what was to come ?
Who can anticipate even now, where we will be in a year from now  ? Apart from being forced to wear a mask in certain environments there has been a growing complacency since the last lockdown. Ultimately we only have ourselves to blame. Ideally we should all have enough common sense and social responsibility to one another not to need such measures. As for the government they'd get criticized regardless whether they lockdown or they don't.

Countries like Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Germany and Australia have all coped way better than us.

They've not achieved that by being better behaved than us, they've done it by:

1. Having a proper working test and trace system.
2. Clear, timely messaging from the government.
3. Strict control of their ports and borders.
4. A robust financial package.

These are things that BoZo has ballsed up, and that we as citizens had no control over. They are the factors that would have made the biggest difference. They still can.

Soupy

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020, 05:33:04 am »
I can’t see how different it is from what we already have. All that’s going to change is pubs, gyms and non essential shops etc closing.

I bet Jimmy Kranky is squirming in her boots knowing Boris locked down before her.

She'll use it to further the separatist agenda. She'll be on about the Barnet formula and lack of borrowing powers in the coming days.

Soupy

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2020, 07:39:08 am »

b******s no need forit

My sister and her boyfriend are both chefs. They've been on furlough since march and got paid off on Friday.

Mike Burd

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2020, 08:13:15 am »
I must admit I favoured the government’s regional strategy and still do but it does look like at the moment there is little choice. I agree with what Soupy said above, we’re where we are not because of people’s behaviour (although there are some right d1ckheads around), but in addition to his list the opening of universities and schools without testing in place and eat out to help out which is estimated to have caused 20% of the infections.

If we haven’t got testing sorted when we come out of the other end, Johnson should be lynched. His government have made bad decision after bad decision starting with locking down too late and not closing ports and lack of quarantine.

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2020, 09:11:09 am »

Countries like Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Germany and Australia have all coped way better than us.

These are things that BoZo has ballsed up, and that we as citizens had no control over. They are the factors that would have made the biggest difference. They still can.
I think we are a pretty undisciplined lot compared to South Korea but take your point. When I say Bojo & co would get slated no matter what was more meaning  those saying this is b@+&££#s and not needed.

Soupy

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2020, 09:12:50 am »

I think we are a pretty undisciplined lot compared to South Korea but take your point. When I say Bojo & co would get slated no matter what was more meaning  those saying this is b@+&££#s and not needed.

Agreed. There's clowns everywhere, not just in government.

Bungle

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2020, 09:57:24 am »
Kranky wants to be independent but wants UK money. You can’t have your cake and eat it.
We look at them, they look through them.