Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

help! don't know how to operate the facelift system
« on: October 16, 2020, 08:55:04 am »
Got the 425ltr facelift system installed but I don't know how to operate it. I know this sounds terrible and they're suppose to send me the instructions but nothing. I don't think this is a bad place to ask so please help if you know the answer.

-If you look at the first photo you can see the word "fill" written on the tank. it's got a hose coming out and I'm assuming that's for water supply. If I connect that to a garden hose then the water will go straight into the tank but not the pre-filters?

-Will the filtering process start by itself as long it's connected to a water supply with enough psi? what is the minimum requirement for psi? If the water pressure if not enough then I will need to get a pump right?

Any advice or answer will be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Spruce

Re: help! don't know how to operate the facelift system
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 11:00:39 am »
The fill pipe should go to the first prefilter. I'm presuming that all the filters have been installed. The hose from the second prefilter must go to your r/o.  It goes onto the end with only 1 port. The third photo is of the other end of the r/o with 2 ports. The centre port goes to your tank via a Di vessel and that's the pure. The other pipe goes to the drain with waste water.
While producing water you should have about 60% waste water and 40% pure.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 12:47:24 pm »
Top man spruce. 👍

All the answers are above.

Pretty poor to pay for a system and them not to do a walk through with you though.

I’m also not too keen on that waste valve that they’ve put on for you. Usually you get a red “gate valve” that is more accurate. The little yellow lever is what you’ll need to control to set the waste ratio. Don’t mess it up otherwise you’ll kill Your membrane very quickly. Adjust it to the ratio spruce said above.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

david mark

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 11:58:34 am »
Get the red gate valve from B/Q drill a small hole into valve stem then adjust the your flow

Amazin

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:30:50 am »
The fill pipe should go to the first prefilter. I'm presuming that all the filters have been installed. The hose from the second prefilter must go to your r/o.  It goes onto the end with only 1 port. The third photo is of the other end of the r/o with 2 ports. The centre port goes to your tank via a Di vessel and that's the pure. The other pipe goes to the drain with waste water.
While producing water you should have about 60% waste water and 40% pure.

Thanks so much for the explanation Spruce , you have been helping members in this community for years. I took a closer photo of the pre-filters. It just seems to me that where it says "Fill" is where the tap water go straight into the tank. This is weird because like you said it should be connected to the pre-filters. Maybe there's a section inside the tank that stores tap water before it get send to the pre-filters? (the 2nd yellow circle)

Pretty poor to pay for a system and them not to do a walk through with you though.
Believe it or not, this is considered one of the top companies in our trade. (I won't name them)

Usually you get a red “gate valve” that is more accurate. The little yellow lever is what you’ll need to control to set the waste ratio. Don’t mess it up otherwise you’ll kill Your membrane very quickly. Adjust it to the ratio spruce said above.

Thanks so much for that piece of information, potentially saved me from a disaster. Will look into the red valves and hopefully it's not difficult to replace