Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H Coulthard

John Martin
« on: October 08, 2020, 08:41:33 pm »
Hi John hope your well ? What would you think about 2 x 8.4s motors spec  for the enforcer changed for 5.7s

john martin

Re: John Martin
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 09:24:14 pm »
Hello all good  :)     your thinking of fitting two 8.4s in place of two 5.7s  ...  in series .  ?
If so , they should fit ok in a series machine  , although iv never tried it ,  so although 6.6s fit that way the 8.4 might be hitting against something space wise .   The 7.4 bolt pattern is suppose to be the same as the 8.4 , It might be an easy swap as the 5.7s come fitted within the enforcers 7.4 outer bolts .
As often mentioned though  , no big (if any ) difference between the 8.4 and 6.6 performance wise.

I should be playing around with machines and vacs again soon , i could see if they fit .

john martin

Re: John Martin
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:59:04 pm »
So  ...  iv being striping bits out of my old enforcer before i dispose of the body  ...
I can confirm the 8.4 does sit on the metal manifold and right onto the existing outer (7.2 ) mounting bolts  ... (Pic below )
What you will run into is the likes of fitting the exhaust tube to the vac  (mods needed )   It fits the upper motor position also but again minor mods like cutting a few mm off the rubber bolt dampers , it would be obvious if you tried .
But its easier overall to fit the 6.6 like i think you dis before also ?