Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay WEST

Starting pressure washing business advice
« on: September 07, 2020, 01:52:55 pm »
Hi All,

I've been looking into getting into pressure washing for a couple months now and now have the funds to buy equipment and support myself.

I've been looking into starter kits and all that seems to pop up is Kiam products, which through my researching in this forum seems like a bad investment.

could any one point me in the right direction for some reliable equipment.

Looking to add window cleaning to the services also.

I came across the following - https://www.guttersuckerdirect.co.uk/product/honda-slip-stream-pro-20-x-13-horse-power/
but not sure if this worth it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Smudger

Re: Starting pressure washing business advice
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:39 pm »
No it's not

Try these - Rutland pumps - jetmac - qwashers - a1 pressure washers to name just a few

Personally I'd forget the fsc until you've done plenty of jobs and start quoting tennis courts and the like

The standard is 21 ltr machine @ 3000 psi this will get you through 99% of your work - quickly and with excellent results

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 08:58:44 pm »
When I started I already had a successful window cleaning round, pressure washing was an add on.

The round was sold to concentrate on commercial pressure washing - it's given me 12 good years but this is not the norm, definitely right place at the right time.

Go with window cleaning - that'll give you a solid income, then if you still have the inclination look at it as an add on or separate business.

If you DIY a WFP set up you'll do it for less than a grand and there's lots of systems on ebay.

Get knocking the doors and you'll have an income quicker than you'll develop a pressure washing business, once the round is established you'll have a customer base to sell pressure washing services.

Where are you based?

tom20001

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 10:02:01 pm »
When I started I already had a successful window cleaning round, pressure washing was an add on.

The round was sold to concentrate on commercial pressure washing - it's given me 12 good years but this is not the norm, definitely right place at the right time.

Go with window cleaning - that'll give you a solid income, then if you still have the inclination look at it as an add on or separate business.

If you DIY a WFP set up you'll do it for less than a grand and there's lots of systems on ebay.

Get knocking the doors and you'll have an income quicker than you'll develop a pressure washing business, once the round is established you'll have a customer base to sell pressure washing services.

Where are you based?

Great advice. Window cleaning is a great service to fish for other jobs because its obviously not expensive. Gutter cleaning and pressure washing  great add on services as custies going to generally need both done at some stage.

Paul79

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 10:03:43 pm »
I've been using a Kiam pressure washer for just over a year now and it's never let me down. All my pressure washing jobs was done with it. Kiam does get bad press but that's mainly there customer service which from my own experience is very poor. Oil is the most important thing with Kiam pressure washers from everything I have gathered and also the limited conversations with Kiam themselves. Keep the oil fresh and filled and it will be fine.