This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G & M

Rolltek Honda GX SS MBF
« on: October 12, 2020, 10:13:31 pm »
Do any of you use Rolltek Honda GX SS MBF unit from Rutland pumps and if so would you recommend it. Is it better than 21 ltr a minute pump for flow and pressure?

Smudger

Re: Rolltek Honda GX SS MBF
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 10:35:13 pm »
erm,  this is a soft washing setup.....

no good for pressure washing

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

G & M

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 10:10:24 pm »
Yes I know it's a soft wash setup. I should have said is it better than a 21ltr a minute 12v pump

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 06:56:14 am »
21lt on a 12v pump must have quite a low psi, it won’t fire a jet of solution onto a roof or any distance. No 12v system will compete against a engine driven unit but then the price difference is massive so really it depends how much you want to spend, but you are comparing chalk & cheese

Can you put a link To both the Honda and the 12v pump so we can see what you are comparing
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

G & M

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 06:04:46 pm »
https://www.rutlandpumps.com/shurflo-5059-bypass-12v-90psi-20lpm-12-f.html This is the type of pump we use. Very reliable. It has an internal bypass. If you use it with the controller you  can turn down the psi low enough to get the pump to stop running when you shut off the valve or release the trigger if you are treating walls etc. You can also buy them with a pressure switch.

This is the pump I am interested in.  https://www.rutlandpumps.com/M1C015.html
I was hoping some one that uses this pump would give an answer.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 07:38:16 pm »
FWIW -

Just use a standard pressure washer - petrol driven that does 12 to 15 litres a minute  then on the end of your lance fit a £30 chemical injector and use a vario nozzle  - put the pick up pipe in hypo or chemical you are using and spray away - we cover a full roof this way in around  5 minutes

don't blow a fortune on all the silly, overpriced "soft washing" kit

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

G & M

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 07:16:41 am »
Thanks Darren,  How do you deal with over spray?

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 10:43:06 am »
generally don't have overspray,

with the vario you can adjust the spray from wide to narrow

just avoid the obvious like spraying in high winds or rushing around pointing the lance at anything that moves - careful, considered, targeted application avoids overspray - however should this occur rinse down with plenty of clean water

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 03:23:30 pm »
21lt on a 12v pump must have quite a low psi, it won’t fire a jet of solution onto a roof or any distance. No 12v system will compete against a engine driven unit but then the price difference is massive so really it depends how much you want to spend, but you are comparing chalk & cheese

Can you put a link To both the Honda and the 12v pump so we can see what you are comparing

You would be suprised mike I have a similar set up and it will spray mix 35 feet up no problem mine is  up to 27 ltr per muinit  adjustable on the controller

waterforce

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 09:40:10 pm »
Rolltek pumps dont stand up to bleach. The output is also excessive at 30lpm . Dont spray bleach at high pressure...its dangerous when atomised.